Search found 2560 matches

Return to advanced search

Re: custom lobby title screens/songs

Here's a bunch I have saved. Not sure where most of them are from, some I made, others I found: Cuban Pete https://i.imgur.com/oCdKlCm.jpg Back when the bar requests console would beep for EVERY SINGLE MATERIAL inserted into the ORM https://i.imgur.com/C1AruL2.png Lizard Station https://i.imgur.com/...
by peoplearestrange
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:14 am
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: custom lobby title screens/songs
Replies: 13
Views: 1754

Re: /tg/ Github Suspended Megathread

When did the hub get back online?

Did github give a reason?

Can someone update the OP topic, ty :)
by peoplearestrange
Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:25 pm
 
Forum: Coding
Topic: /tg/ Github Suspended Megathread
Replies: 82
Views: 19839

Re: [Arianya] deedubya - oranges was right electric boogaloo

Surprising absolutely nobody at all, considering how often you've taken the time to insult me in the hut. I'll at least commend you for being the only moderator with the balls to admit they just straight up want me gone. I do admit I have insulted you in the hut a fair few times, but when you strai...
by peoplearestrange
Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:22 pm
 
Forum: Closed Complaints
Topic: [Arianya] deedubya - oranges was right electric boogaloo
Replies: 15
Views: 1661

Re: [Arianya] deedubya - oranges was right electric boogaloo

I'd also like to add that I had, a few times, previously suggested that you should be forum banned for: 6 We are here to have fun, if you are not having fun, maybe it would be best for you to take a break If you consistently cause drama, we may ask (read: ban) that you take a break, and may also req...
by peoplearestrange
Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:05 am
 
Forum: Closed Complaints
Topic: [Arianya] deedubya - oranges was right electric boogaloo
Replies: 15
Views: 1661
PostThis post was deleted by peoplearestrange on Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:56 am.
Reason: Misread

Re: Ban the N word

1. You put the N word on a pedestal. This either means you don't care about other slurs or that you'd ban a lot more shit after. What is this specific thread titled? 2. If you want a community which works as a safe space you are in the wrong community. Goon and yog have been far more like what you'...
by peoplearestrange
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:06 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Ban the N word
Replies: 184
Views: 8266

Re: Ban the N word

I guess my point was (though badly executed) that the reason so many of the players seemingly are ok with the N word and a few other passed around slurs (though that isn't what this thread is about) is that it doesn't effect them. Its meaningless to them and therefore it becomes discounted. But I do...
by peoplearestrange
Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:46 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Ban the N word
Replies: 184
Views: 8266

Re: Ban the N word

If you get affected by a faceless nobody over the internet calling you "nigger","faggot", or whatever slur applies to yourself; you have more underlying issues that banning these people who have wronged you by using these words will not solve or even alleviate for that matter. S...
by peoplearestrange
Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:23 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Ban the N word
Replies: 184
Views: 8266

Re: Ban the N word

playing a black character basically invites people to call you the no no word, which would get them banned. playing a black character should be against the rules, since its ban baiting. So when you meet a person of colour IRL you feel like your "Invited" to call them the n word? Really? A...
by peoplearestrange
Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:20 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Ban the N word
Replies: 184
Views: 8266

Re: Ban the N word

If you get affected by a faceless nobody over the internet calling you "nigger","faggot", or whatever slur applies to yourself; you have more underlying issues that banning these people who have wronged you by using these words will not solve or even alleviate for that matter. S...
by peoplearestrange
Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:23 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Ban the N word
Replies: 184
Views: 8266

Re: [Peoplearestrange] This is a thing that happened

After some thought, I think you're genuine in that this is a bit, I think its a terrible 1 dimensional bit that you for some reason use on all your characters, but its still a bit. And I don't think you mean malice behind it. I'm going to remove the ban but leave the note. I think you deserve to hav...
by peoplearestrange
Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:49 am
 
Forum: Resolved Appeals
Topic: [Peoplearestrange] This is a thing that happened
Replies: 20
Views: 1277

Re: [Peoplearestrange] This is a thing that happened

Admin PM from-Peoplearestrange: I mean honestly I didn't notice it until some other players complained. I think its a reasonable request and one that has an easy solution no?
by peoplearestrange
Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:25 pm
 
Forum: Resolved Appeals
Topic: [Peoplearestrange] This is a thing that happened
Replies: 20
Views: 1277

Re: [Peoplearestrange] This is a thing that happened

My reasons are listed above, I have nothing further to add without simply rephrasing my words.
by peoplearestrange
Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:05 pm
 
Forum: Resolved Appeals
Topic: [Peoplearestrange] This is a thing that happened
Replies: 20
Views: 1277

Re: [Peoplearestrange] This is a thing that happened

Thank you for your input, I still standby my ban and I won't be changing this currently.
by peoplearestrange
Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:03 pm
 
Forum: Resolved Appeals
Topic: [Peoplearestrange] This is a thing that happened
Replies: 20
Views: 1277

Re: [Peoplearestrange] This is a thing that happened

My counter point was actually a shitpost meant for the NTR hut, I apologise that wasn't meant for here or to be in anyway a serious counter point or even a serious post. Sorry for that. You are correct in there is a relaxation over "zaney" or interesting characters. But in the same way as ...
by peoplearestrange
Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:52 pm
 
Forum: Resolved Appeals
Topic: [Peoplearestrange] This is a thing that happened
Replies: 20
Views: 1277
PostThis post was deleted by capn_monkeypaw on Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:49 pm.
Reason: Response to peanut

Re: [Peoplearestrange] This is a thing that happened

You might feel that way, but thats not what that servers rules say, this is now how they're being enforced, and if you have nothing else to say except "I think you're wrong" then there's nothing to talk about here.
by peoplearestrange
Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:13 pm
 
Forum: Resolved Appeals
Topic: [Peoplearestrange] This is a thing that happened
Replies: 20
Views: 1277

Re: [Peoplearestrange] This is a thing that happened

As I explained in ahelp, this isn't personal, in that if anything I like you as a player. However other people have complained about your all caps speech being immersion breaking and I agree that its not inline with how the MRP servers should be. Specifically rule 8 8)Play as a coherent, believable ...
by peoplearestrange
Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:24 pm
 
Forum: Resolved Appeals
Topic: [Peoplearestrange] This is a thing that happened
Replies: 20
Views: 1277
PostThis topic was deleted from TGMC Appeals, Complaints and Reports by TheSpecialSnowflake on Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:31 pm.
Reason: Duplicate Topic
View this post

Re: Ban the N word

You’re wasting your time this won’t ever happen Finally someone speaking the truth. I have yet to hear any reasonable argument as to why you NEED to have this one racial slur banned either, especially over any other swear or expletive that would get the point across without specifically targeting a...
by peoplearestrange
Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:19 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Ban the N word
Replies: 184
Views: 8266

Re: Ban the N word

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can't. Words are only words and you have the option to ignore or get offended. This forum, discussion, NTR, "drama", is a burden of evidence as to why this isn't true. OBVIOUSLY you can literally not read words or try to not be affected by wh...
by peoplearestrange
Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:58 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Ban the N word
Replies: 184
Views: 8266

Re: Ban the N word

2 data points does not make a trend (or slippery slope as people keep naming it). Basing your arguments on "But what if X" is not only baseless, but not provable and a complete waste of everyones time. The same way as we test merge things, the same way as the game itself constantly is in f...
by peoplearestrange
Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:09 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Ban the N word
Replies: 184
Views: 8266

Re: Ban the N word

Words have meaning, without it they wouldn't be used to communicate. If you're communicating a hatred towards using a specific word meant only to cause offence, and then you get all "LOL don't be offended! Thats on you!", why is that my fault? Most people don't shove their "bedroom po...
by peoplearestrange
Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:51 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Ban the N word
Replies: 184
Views: 8266

Re: Pains, Traditions, and Rituals New Players Will Never Experience

- You will NEVER experience a simple screwdriver stopping doors from functioning, so badly in fact, that many lockers were changed to include a screwdrivers. - you will never experience failing to do one single step in a long process and the singularity being released around the 5 minute mark. (you ...
by peoplearestrange
Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:24 pm
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Pains, Traditions, and Rituals New Players Will Never Experience
Replies: 134
Views: 6620

Re: An0n3 amendment has become weaponised by the admin team

Perhaps the soltion to this is (as has started to happen) is that mods and admins discuss peanuts/approvals etc allowing for more of a general consensus. Maybe easing back on certain things. I still am firmly behind that the peanut rule is useful, I've yet to see another server that doesn't have thi...
by peoplearestrange
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:26 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: An0n3 amendment has become weaponised by the admin team
Replies: 61
Views: 3191

Re: Pains, Traditions, and Rituals New Players Will Never Experience

You will never experience the absolute GLORY of dodging a taser shot mid flight, or even in those rare RARE moments, catching the taser shot. Broadyquest Knowing the certain death that will come swiftly after that parapen. Not letting ANYONE stand less than 1 title away from you (the ORIGINAL social...
by peoplearestrange
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:20 pm
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Pains, Traditions, and Rituals New Players Will Never Experience
Replies: 134
Views: 6620

Re: [BAN] [HenriqueKill9576] Nikitosucc

Wrong subforum, I'll move it to the TGMC section.
by peoplearestrange
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:11 pm
 
Forum: TGMC Resolved Appeals, Complaints and Reports
Topic: [BAN] [HenriqueKill9576] Nikitosucc
Replies: 2
Views: 199

Re: big12345

Ban details:
Banned from the server permanently - Multikeying with accounts Big123456, Enzo12345 & Enzo1234567. Has repeatedly used three in a single round during the last six days.
You are welcome to appeal on our forums in 365 days.

Banning admin:
phuzzylodgik
by peoplearestrange
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:07 pm
 
Forum: Resolved Appeals
Topic: [phuzzylodgik] big12345 multikeying
Replies: 3
Views: 475

Re: An0n3 amendment has become weaponised by the admin team

That might be true, except I haven't really seen many, if any cases where someone's (be it uninvolved admin or another uninvolved player) comment addressed this, its usually attacking the player or the admin or thinly vailed to pretend its not that. I would argue that making policy discussion better...
by peoplearestrange
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:00 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: An0n3 amendment has become weaponised by the admin team
Replies: 61
Views: 3191

Re: Trialmin Review: Doctor Brutality

There's something I dislike about their attitude, but Im not sure if its a personal thing or if theres something that happened awhile back to make me think this.
Either way they're pretty professional in ban appeals from what I see.
by peoplearestrange
Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:15 pm
 
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Trialmin Review: Doctor Brutality
Replies: 12
Views: 1325

Re: Disable Meteors

honestly I do think the random event of meteor storms is too frequent. I don't know if random events are truly random or if they are weighted. If its true random then *shrug*, but if its weighted, such a station devastating event probably needs toning down. Specially because it only enables a small ...
by peoplearestrange
Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:13 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Disable Meteors
Replies: 35
Views: 1788

Re: TC trades are out of control

Yeah TC trades are purely a "lets mix things up a little with some player creativity". If there creativity extends only as far as "gib wizard/blob" then obviously just don't. Admins are also GM's, you have to allow the players to try new strange things, but honestly if its at the...
by peoplearestrange
Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:10 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: TC trades are out of control
Replies: 21
Views: 1375

Re: An0n3 amendment has become weaponised by the admin team

Don't be obtuse... I'm not going to discuss specifics, as the rule are quite clear that this forum is not for that. Ok that's perfectly fair. Then what I will say is that I believe the very reason a peanut policy is required is the same reason we don't let all observers in game answer ahelps. By wh...
by peoplearestrange
Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:05 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: An0n3 amendment has become weaponised by the admin team
Replies: 61
Views: 3191

Re: An0n3 amendment has become weaponised by the admin team

-snip- Can you give an example of the kinds of post which you think need to be allowed under the original spirit of the amendment? What I'm really reading here is that admins aren't being held to the same standard as the players, and I agree that shouldn't be the case. It specifically says that adm...
by peoplearestrange
Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:08 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: An0n3 amendment has become weaponised by the admin team
Replies: 61
Views: 3191

Re: David Blanc5 Banned by Jroic1 NOT A APPEAL BUT TO CHANGE THE BAN REASON

Which account are you trying to get the note changed from? Currently as it stands you have a ban ults of: davidblanc3 davidblanc5 davidblanc The only one I can see that was last active is davidblanc2? Though that also appears to be perma banned. EDIT: Sorry mis-reading the ban DB, these bans are fr...
by peoplearestrange
Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:01 am
 
Forum: TGMC Resolved Appeals, Complaints and Reports
Topic: David Blanc5 Banned by Jroic1 NOT A APPEAL BUT TO CHANGE THE BAN REASON
Replies: 3
Views: 307

Re: [Hornygranny] kaptem

You seem to have a ban from yog, but that was from 3 years ago: https://www.yogstation.net/index.php?do=publicbans&search=kaptem I can't see anything else of note publicly around. I'll be willing to give you another chance seeing as so much time has passed. Cause no trouble and hopefully we won'...
by peoplearestrange
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:25 pm
 
Forum: Resolved Appeals
Topic: [Hornygranny] kaptem
Replies: 3
Views: 533

Re: An0n3 amendment has become weaponised by the admin team

-snip- Can you give an example of the kinds of post which you think need to be allowed under the original spirit of the amendment? What I'm really reading here is that admins aren't being held to the same standard as the players, and I agree that shouldn't be the case. It specifically says that adm...
by peoplearestrange
Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:23 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: An0n3 amendment has become weaponised by the admin team
Replies: 61
Views: 3191

Re: [Hornygranny] kaptem

Hi there, As HG hasn't been an admin for a long while now we'll collectively look at this. As its been 4 years since this ban was put in place I believe it be reasonable to look at dropping this. Here are a few questions first though: -Have you played on any other servers since the ban? -If so is it...
by peoplearestrange
Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:29 pm
 
Forum: Resolved Appeals
Topic: [Hornygranny] kaptem
Replies: 3
Views: 533

Re: Ban the N word

I will say if that does happen, I'll move downstream. I have no desire to be a part of someplace that feels the need to language police. But we already do. You can't say certain words IC, they're blocked by a filter. You can't use slurs in directed insults to someone (I.e. calling someone who's tra...
by peoplearestrange
Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:09 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Ban the N word
Replies: 184
Views: 8266

Re: Ban the N word

Qustinnus wrote:our image is literaly fine.


You say that when your reaction to having anything changed away from what you like is to say "go play somewhere else". Doesn't exude confidence that it is "all fine"
by peoplearestrange
Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:51 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Ban the N word
Replies: 184
Views: 8266

Re: Ban the N word

Are you having a stroke? Are you ok?
by peoplearestrange
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:13 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Ban the N word
Replies: 184
Views: 8266

Re: Ban the N word

Furry. They word they will want to stop seeing thrown around next is Furry. The discrimination will end when you stop making your kinks your profile picture. Furry is a choice, being black isn't. why should i have to write around saying the nigger word on discord and if i dont i get banned If you c...
by peoplearestrange
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:05 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Ban the N word
Replies: 184
Views: 8266

Re: Ban the N word

HommandoSA wrote:
peoplearestrange wrote:
HommandoSA wrote:Safe spaces are dumb and communities that build them are trash.

Then lets ban the word and not make this a safe place to say the N word.


Which word is next on your ban list?

This isn't my thread. Nor is this thread about that. Stop avoiding the policy being discussed here or don't comment.
by peoplearestrange
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:44 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Ban the N word
Replies: 184
Views: 8266

Re: Ban the N word

HommandoSA wrote:Safe spaces are dumb and communities that build them are trash.

Then lets ban the word and not make this a safe place to say the N word.
by peoplearestrange
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:37 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Ban the N word
Replies: 184
Views: 8266

Re: Ban the N word

Flatulent wrote:or we could ban nothing and everyone but a clique of loud retards will be ok with that

Why do you need to say this one word?
by peoplearestrange
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:09 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Ban the N word
Replies: 184
Views: 8266

Re: Ban the N word

Apply filter to ooc as well, bans could be pushed on people who purposely try to get around the filter with spacing text out etc etc
by peoplearestrange
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:08 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Ban the N word
Replies: 184
Views: 8266
PostThis topic was deleted from Policy Discussion by peoplearestrange on Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:53 pm.
Reason: Qbopper had the same idea
View this post

Re: Note on power and engines

Could a way to make SM containtment/cooling require power be done by powered pumps?

I always felt it odd that the movement of gas's is completely "free". So maybe coolant pumps could require power to operate? With more of the gas being moved per sec costing more power?
by peoplearestrange
Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:16 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: Note on power and engines
Replies: 81
Views: 3618

Re: Forum user Tier List 6.9

Also Im so happy I got to be a piechart.

Pie.
by peoplearestrange
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:10 am
 
Forum: Thinking Cap
Topic: Forum user Tier List 6.9
Replies: 285
Views: 8364
Next

Return to advanced search

cron