Search found 4386 matches

Return to advanced search

Re: You are allowed to respond with reasonable equivalent retaliation or intent?

It is important to remember we are not trying to design a functional society with sane laws and its actually okay for our "citizens" to murder one another. Our rules exist to provide some level of coherence to the violence so it feels meaningful, not to prevent it.
by onleavedontatme
Thu May 17, 2018 7:56 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: You are allowed to respond with reasonable equivalent retaliation or intent?
Replies: 43
Views: 3029

Re: You are allowed to respond with reasonable equivalent retaliation or intent?

There is still a big difference between critting and killing. It isnt hard to stop beating a man to death. It's even easier to not start throwing fists or swinging toolboxes or breaking into departments if you don't want to end up dead. Sure it's great if a chef refrains from turning the assistant ...
by onleavedontatme
Thu May 17, 2018 7:53 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: You are allowed to respond with reasonable equivalent retaliation or intent?
Replies: 43
Views: 3029

Re: Cut all maps but the most popular one

We also have multiple people working on maps so we'll be back up to 7 again soon if there isn't some sort of limit
by onleavedontatme
Thu May 17, 2018 5:37 pm
 
Forum: Ideas
Topic: Cut all maps but the most popular one
Replies: 104
Views: 6289

Re: Cut all maps but the most popular one

We had 7 (and possibly more) maps recently before we cut several of them, was just a ballpark number I was griping about when talking about having to move the vault several times over
by onleavedontatme
Thu May 17, 2018 5:37 pm
 
Forum: Ideas
Topic: Cut all maps but the most popular one
Replies: 104
Views: 6289

Re: You are allowed to respond with reasonable equivalent retaliation or intent?

Citrus mentioned readding the line so this is an offshoot

It'd be particularly depressing if "you can only respond with equivalent reasonable force" was added because someone tried four separate times to vigilante murder people over moving their own department gear and died for it.
by onleavedontatme
Thu May 17, 2018 2:36 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: You are allowed to respond with reasonable equivalent retaliation or intent?
Replies: 43
Views: 3029

Re: You are allowed to respond with reasonable equivalent retaliation or intent?

Furthermore is there any actual value to splitting hairs over "reasonable equivalent intent" and providing an OOC safety net when an assistant randomly attacks you or smashes up your workplace? If they don't like being dead they shouldn't go around provoking fights. "Will I get banned...
by onleavedontatme
Thu May 17, 2018 2:17 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: You are allowed to respond with reasonable equivalent retaliation or intent?
Replies: 43
Views: 3029

You are allowed to respond with reasonable equivalent retaliation or intent?

Perhaps as an improvement, this could be changed to "You are allowed to respond with reasonable equivalent retaliation or intent?" or something along those lines, meaning you can't pull out a weapon and hit someone into crit for it when they punch you once? Seems like it might be an impro...
by onleavedontatme
Thu May 17, 2018 2:14 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: You are allowed to respond with reasonable equivalent retaliation or intent?
Replies: 43
Views: 3029

Re: Cut all maps but the most popular one

You're overfocusing on a workaround for a single example rather than the principle that you can't just leave entire rooms or objects missing on several maps. It won't always be as simple as "just leave an omnilathe" What if we axed circuits and now we have a bunch of maps with circuitlabs ...
by onleavedontatme
Thu May 17, 2018 5:18 am
 
Forum: Ideas
Topic: Cut all maps but the most popular one
Replies: 104
Views: 6289

Re: Cut all maps but the most popular one

The maps don't require perfect maintenance, the crew can fill in any gaps themselves. Using techwebs as an example, if we had removed the ability for science to print every item, but only added the department lathes to Box, do you think people on the other maps would be happy when they couldn't mak...
by onleavedontatme
Thu May 17, 2018 5:00 am
 
Forum: Ideas
Topic: Cut all maps but the most popular one
Replies: 104
Views: 6289

Re: [Nope.Wav] - Spamming events to end productive round

at most for a random non antag murder with no previous history we'd only give a 1 day ban so if you're suggesting that at most we would deadmin them for 1 day? Or just a dayban. When Pax randomly messed up a player in response to a prayer its what I gave him. More admin complaints should result in ...
by onleavedontatme
Thu May 17, 2018 4:00 am
 
Forum: Successful Complaints
Topic: [Nope.Wav] - Spamming events to end productive round
Replies: 23
Views: 3317

Re: Replace the warehouse in cargo with the vault

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Kor wrote:And put random maint nonsense where the vault was

why


Because there would be an awkward gap otherwise
by onleavedontatme
Thu May 17, 2018 1:10 am
 
Forum: Ideas
Topic: Replace the warehouse in cargo with the vault
Replies: 20
Views: 1111

Replace the warehouse in cargo with the vault

And put random maint nonsense where the vault was

Give QM vault access
by onleavedontatme
Wed May 16, 2018 8:35 pm
 
Forum: Ideas
Topic: Replace the warehouse in cargo with the vault
Replies: 20
Views: 1111

Re: New(ish) escalation policy issues

because it is encouraging people to kill others to solve their issues But the reason you died is because -You tried to stop a theft from chemistry with violence when you were MD -You stabbed a guy with a scalpel because you didn't like how security had handled something -You attacked a guy with a c...
by onleavedontatme
Tue May 15, 2018 8:07 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: New(ish) escalation policy issues
Replies: 25
Views: 2260

Re: 2k18 /pol/

ShadowDimentio wrote:Because it's two different things dumb slime.


You just acknowledged rich people will pay a larger share for public education while often not even utilizing it for their own kids. Their wealth has been redistributed to the people using those services/towards a public good.
by onleavedontatme
Mon May 14, 2018 9:17 pm
 
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: 2k18 /pol/
Replies: 2589
Views: 161976

Re: 2k18 /pol/

How can you argue for 2 pages about how people in prison knew the consequences and shouldn't have broken the law by smoking pot and poor conditions in prison didn't bother you because they made their choice and then turn around and say "this is how gulags started" when Grazyn talks about t...
by onleavedontatme
Mon May 14, 2018 9:15 pm
 
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: 2k18 /pol/
Replies: 2589
Views: 161976

Re: 2k18 /pol/

If you call it wealth redistribution David talks about fleeing the country and if you call it taxation for the public good he praises the exact same thing

Astounding
by onleavedontatme
Mon May 14, 2018 8:28 pm
 
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: 2k18 /pol/
Replies: 2589
Views: 161976

Re: Techwebs situation.

on one hand yeah science was powerful on the other techwebs combined with department lathes are so horrible and boring it made me completely drop the department completely despite literally 70% of my playtime being in it It's honestly extremely depressing that we've gone this far and STILL the only...
by onleavedontatme
Mon May 14, 2018 4:57 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: Techwebs situation.
Replies: 45
Views: 2538

Re: Techwebs situation.

Unless someone is yelling at you for something, or you are really after another department's item, you are not inclined to sacrifice your points unlocking something that you will never get or even see. Ideally the tree would be laid out in such a way that all paths/branches are viable, and the rand...
by onleavedontatme
Mon May 14, 2018 2:58 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: Techwebs situation.
Replies: 45
Views: 2538

Re: Techwebs situation.

The button that chooses the next research should be RD office and bridge only.

Or at least not robotics etc. Everyone else should only be printing.

Circuit imprinters dont need to be different machines than protolathes anymore.
by onleavedontatme
Sun May 13, 2018 2:21 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: Techwebs situation.
Replies: 45
Views: 2538

Re: Techwebs situation.

but was never addressed


WYCI
by onleavedontatme
Sun May 13, 2018 12:02 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: Techwebs situation.
Replies: 45
Views: 2538

Re: Techwebs situation.

Needs a better UI Needs a better way to distribute ore to lathes (A centralized machine in cargo that holds all the ore, with the ability to authorize/deauthorize lathes on station, and lathes will draw from bluespace storage if their local storage doesnt have enough for a recipe. Probably a log of ...
by onleavedontatme
Sun May 13, 2018 11:59 am
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: Techwebs situation.
Replies: 45
Views: 2538

Re: 2k18 /pol/

Weed is an illegal substance (except where it isn't). If you don't wanna get jailed for possession don't possess it in the first place. Maybe so, but the law is the law and you're expected to follow it even if it is dumb. They knew what they were buying was illegal and if they got caught they'd be ...
by onleavedontatme
Sun May 13, 2018 11:48 am
 
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: 2k18 /pol/
Replies: 2589
Views: 161976

Re: [Arianya] Magnnarot - Unjust note

especially when it could have easily been ratified in the round without much fuss


Honestly not even sure it would have required admin intervention to fix. You don't revive people when they get mislynched in mafia. It's just part of the game.

Agree on the rest though.
by onleavedontatme
Sat May 12, 2018 11:32 pm
 
Forum: Resolved Appeals
Topic: [Arianya] Magnnarot - Unjust note
Replies: 24
Views: 1633

Re: [Arianya] Magnnarot - Unjust note

There is a difference between IC mistakes/wrong and OOC mistakes/wrong.

We accept, expect, and mechanically encourage the former.

Suspecting and trying to investigate the wrong person is a core part of hidden enemy games.
by onleavedontatme
Sat May 12, 2018 10:47 pm
 
Forum: Resolved Appeals
Topic: [Arianya] Magnnarot - Unjust note
Replies: 24
Views: 1633

Re: SS13 Related Art / Hand Drawn Art

Image
by onleavedontatme
Sat May 12, 2018 9:47 pm
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: SS13 Related Art / Hand Drawn Art
Replies: 2090
Views: 269999

Re: [Arianya] Magnnarot - Unjust note

That may be your understanding of notes but most admins only leave notes to record bad behavior, or as warnings in place of a ban, so a note is a de facto punishment if only because of how it will be interpreted by other people. case where a player has accumulated a large number of notes in a short ...
by onleavedontatme
Sat May 12, 2018 9:02 pm
 
Forum: Resolved Appeals
Topic: [Arianya] Magnnarot - Unjust note
Replies: 24
Views: 1633

Re: 2k18 /pol/

"The law is the law" is the most brain dead worthless thing you can add to a conversation about whether a law or punishment is just No shit its the fucking law that is why we are talking about it. Do you think Dankula deserved half a year in prison for his pug video? The law is the law aft...
by onleavedontatme
Sat May 12, 2018 1:45 pm
 
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: 2k18 /pol/
Replies: 2589
Views: 161976

Sprite Repo

Rather than having a thousand different threads and sprites lost forever to discord channels, and unused sprites and unsprited projects, I've created a repo for adding SS13 sprites that have no code.

https://github.com/tgstation/SS13-sprites
by onleavedontatme
Wed May 09, 2018 4:15 pm
 
Forum: Spriting and Mapping
Topic: Sprite Repo
Replies: 1
Views: 1141

Re: The naming policy IS DUMB

This thread has accomplished absolutely nothing just like all the other naming policy threads.


If/when the headmins decide on a new naming policy they are welcome to reopen this.
by onleavedontatme
Wed May 09, 2018 1:35 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: The naming policy IS DUMB
Replies: 165
Views: 8377

Re: 2k18 /pol/

I'm not even trying to argue about whether we should regulate/ban/whatever guns or not (because I know such a debate is pointless*), I just think it is perverse to spread harmful myths about suicide and throw sick people under the bus to try and win a political argument. *The fact that multiple peop...
by onleavedontatme
Tue May 08, 2018 2:19 pm
 
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: 2k18 /pol/
Replies: 2589
Views: 161976

Re: Character traits

oranges wrote:>kor complains that moodlets get too much in the way of playing the game and make them anxious
>kor complains that traits dont' affect teh game enough and don't see to do anything

what's her angle?


I'm psychotic

Also traits are opt in so I'd like the choices to be meaningful
by onleavedontatme
Mon May 07, 2018 11:56 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: Character traits
Replies: 111
Views: 7682

Re: 2k18 /pol/

Jumping off a bridge takes significantly more planning than picking up an object in your home and applying 5lb of force to a trigger. Strangling yourself also takes quite a bit more work and is less likely to succeed. Most suicide attempts are very impulsive and most people who try it don't do it a...
by onleavedontatme
Mon May 07, 2018 12:14 am
 
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: 2k18 /pol/
Replies: 2589
Views: 161976

Re: [brotemis] DrChef - Request To Have Assistant Jobban Removed

The ban is four years old so I'll lift it tonight if nobody else gets around to it by then.
by onleavedontatme
Sun May 06, 2018 1:41 pm
 
Forum: Resolved Appeals
Topic: [brotemis] DrChef - Request To Have Assistant Jobban Removed
Replies: 4
Views: 795

Re: What situation would be ok for someone to BOH as nonantag?

Most importantly dropping a black hole into a demon world to kill aliens is cool as hell and should be encouraged.
by onleavedontatme
Sat May 05, 2018 10:41 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: What situation would be ok for someone to BOH as nonantag?
Replies: 43
Views: 2222

Re: What situation would be ok for someone to BOH as nonantag?

I think the consequences are the point. It's always been the case that a maxcap on a wizard will get you banned if you miss, and the same is true of boh on a bigger scale. If there is a risk of disaster and you still take that risk in an attempt for glory, you live or die by the RNG. If you are goi...
by onleavedontatme
Sat May 05, 2018 9:55 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: What situation would be ok for someone to BOH as nonantag?
Replies: 43
Views: 2222

Re: What situation would be ok for someone to BOH as nonantag?

We argued about this forever in adminbus forever so there probably wont be much appetite for doing so here but I disagree with the ban and lots of the posts supporting it (such as "xenos were halfway across lavaland") rub me the wrong way because its not information the player had or could...
by onleavedontatme
Sat May 05, 2018 9:48 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: What situation would be ok for someone to BOH as nonantag?
Replies: 43
Views: 2222

Re: Character traits

Cool concept and probably workable into something more fun but a huge waste of potential right now. Outside of a few people who take the challenge traits like poor aim or pacifist it mostly seems to be used to cancel out moodlets right now, or to take the negative traits that arent really negative s...
by onleavedontatme
Thu May 03, 2018 3:12 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: Character traits
Replies: 111
Views: 7682

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Powerful force for good. Incredibly hard working and never afraid to speak truth to power (or anyone else who needs to hear it). Can't overstate how important he has been to the codebase and /tg/ as a whole. I know he trolls sometimes but he's got a strong moral compass and will have peoples backs w...
by onleavedontatme
Thu May 03, 2018 3:07 am
 
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact
Replies: 184
Views: 9570

Re: [feemjmeem] Vaina - Partial and heavy-handed

You two are not going to reconcile your views on this situation and the headmins seem uninterested in intervening on your behalf. It's painful watching you guys go in circles and the only thing anyone is accomplishing is making the other mad at this point so I'm going to lock the thread (though of c...
by onleavedontatme
Thu May 03, 2018 12:30 am
 
Forum: Closed Complaints
Topic: [feemjmeem] Vaina - Partial and heavy-handed
Replies: 15
Views: 1519

Re: Moodlets

I don't think kor even implied that, no one thinks bad mood kills you I am more talking about his reaction. If oranges is telling the truth and he disabled it without headmin approval. That doesnt seem like a reasonable response to me, because it is asking for drama. I did not do this nor has orang...
by onleavedontatme
Wed May 02, 2018 11:57 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: Moodlets
Replies: 258
Views: 15168

Re: Moodlets

It is on sybil right now though
by onleavedontatme
Wed May 02, 2018 10:34 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: Moodlets
Replies: 258
Views: 15168

Re: Moodlets

I went to the bar earlier and had drinks because the person I'd been talking to seemed stress you don't need hard mechanics forcing you into interacting with those jobs.
by onleavedontatme
Wed May 02, 2018 9:15 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: Moodlets
Replies: 258
Views: 15168

Re: okay sir/madam/preferred pronoun, how would you like your mock meat done?

Stickymayhem wrote:stop killing imageboards they feel pain

also anime killed imageboards prove me wrong weebs


I disavow stickymayhem and will be eating a burger for lunch
by onleavedontatme
Wed May 02, 2018 6:38 pm
 
Forum: Thinking Cap
Topic: okay sir/madam/preferred pronoun, how would you like your mock meat done?
Replies: 791
Views: 22086

Re: okay sir/madam/preferred pronoun, how would you like your mock meat done?

ColonicAcid wrote:still dont understand why people want any thread in this absolute shite hole to be kept.


The community is full of redditors who don't appreciate the impermanence of image boards
by onleavedontatme
Wed May 02, 2018 2:28 pm
 
Forum: Thinking Cap
Topic: okay sir/madam/preferred pronoun, how would you like your mock meat done?
Replies: 791
Views: 22086

Re: okay sir/madam/preferred pronoun, how would you like your mock meat done?

DemonFiren wrote:it's understandable but still morally wrong


wrong, it is valid escalation
by onleavedontatme
Tue May 01, 2018 9:43 pm
 
Forum: Thinking Cap
Topic: okay sir/madam/preferred pronoun, how would you like your mock meat done?
Replies: 791
Views: 22086

Re: okay sir/madam/preferred pronoun, how would you like your mock meat done?

DemonFiren wrote:lol just my way of life bro back off live and let live


Your way of life is causing direct harm sorry
by onleavedontatme
Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:42 pm
 
Forum: Thinking Cap
Topic: okay sir/madam/preferred pronoun, how would you like your mock meat done?
Replies: 791
Views: 22086

Re: Why were moodlets turned off?

I have made probably dozens of posts about moodlets between this and the feedback thread about various issues I have with the system. And out of those 300 posts from various people you decided my dislike of the UI was the thing you needed to pick a fight about and insult over, and then I'm "lat...
by onleavedontatme
Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:42 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Why were moodlets turned off?
Replies: 106
Views: 5125

Re: okay sir/madam/preferred pronoun, how would you like your mock meat done?

It's a fact that some if not most people don't really care about this and calling them sociopathic psychos because they don't feel anything when watching an abattoir or a factory farm won't help. Most people do care and try not to think about it which is why they go ballistic when you bring it up. ...
by onleavedontatme
Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:45 pm
 
Forum: Thinking Cap
Topic: okay sir/madam/preferred pronoun, how would you like your mock meat done?
Replies: 791
Views: 22086

Re: okay sir/madam/preferred pronoun, how would you like your mock meat done?

existence_success wrote:is this thread seriously still going?


When Sticky and I combine forces we are unstoppable
by onleavedontatme
Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:51 pm
 
Forum: Thinking Cap
Topic: okay sir/madam/preferred pronoun, how would you like your mock meat done?
Replies: 791
Views: 22086
PreviousNext

Return to advanced search