Cat Ears/Tails

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Cat Ears/Tails

Post by Steelpoint » #101301

Being serious, I must have misread the PR that implemented them as I did not know it was going to be a ROUNDSTART option, though I blame that on Github being a clusterfuck to keep track off anything.

Say what you want but cat ears is the laziest thing we can thrown in for "fluff" mutations or whatever, its boring, uninspired, generic, stereotypical and overall cringe worthy and I honestly believe it has no place on /tg/station.

This is not feedback about the bugs associated with cat ears, this is feedback about the whole concept and it, in my subjective opinion, being a bad addition to the game.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Re: Cat Ears/Tails

Post by tedward1337 » #101303

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on it. Tg isnt the place for cat ears/tails.
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #101305

They really should have left this stuff to WJ. Now we just get a few abysmal days of half the people not playing as these dull ugly things twaddling about being the worst players they can be because RACE WAR NOW, how tired can a joke be ugh.
mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Post by mosquitoman » #101309

There's a lesson here.

First it starts as a regular PR. It's rejected after most people are opposed to it. Then it gets reactivated as an "admin-only" thing. Then an "unfortunate bug" not only causes the whole "admin-only" restriction to be null and void, it also puts cat ears on your character after every round and you have to get rid of them manually. So a change that nobody wanted somehow ended up in the game and is actually enforced against the wishes of the majority of players. As sneaky as USA politics and their "freedom" and "patriot" acts.
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #101312

Please remove the ears and tails entirely. If you want to be a kitty, get theatre access.
Having cat ears or tails brings no 'wow, he's looks alien!' reactions. Tatoos and scars are fine, if you care about one more dark pixel on your character or about customization in general. Add some really wacky mutant stuff, but not these joke accessoires. Not even going to touch the 'muh furry' side of this...
specyalic
Byond Username: Specyalic

Post by specyalic » #101315

a lot of salt for what amounts to a cosmetic change
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #101318

I generally think that catpeople stuff is shit, but aside from that this is exactly what everyone was screaming about when lizards got added. And everyone said it was ridiculous slippery slope fearmongering. And yet here we are. I thought Ricotez specifically said it was going to be admin only.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #101320

It undoubtly is going to be admin only, but I still think it does not even deserve to be in the code let alone in the admin panel.
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #101322

specyalic wrote:a lot of salt for what amounts to a cosmetic change
Cat ears and tails and a portion of the crew looking like complete twats going nya nya /me licks paws waggle waggle don't belong in a game about killing each other on a space station. Yes, the game is meant to be wacky - no, kitty people aren't wacky.
Might as well give slaughter demons bikehorn on-hit sounds (okay, that could actually be awesome).
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #101325

It's masturbation material for furfags masqueraded as a feature
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #101326

The system can be used to support cosmetic options for humans such as scars and tattoos in the future.

Unfortunately it's current implementation had not be thoroughly tested enough before merging.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #101357

to be fair the system could have done that without this pull, the only really unique thing this pull added that wasn't about the cat features was the ability to check for racial purity by looking over a players mutant parts. This is also the part that bugged out.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #101368

I'm not massively fussed. I do think it's unimaginative and doesn't fit the 'wacky space station in the future' theme, but argonians were already a bit strange on that front.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #101378

Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #101391

Wait, what? Jesus Christ you guys could've told me you finally pulled it after leaving me in limbo for days.

Roundstart is NOT supposed to happen. Randomly getting them is NOT supposed to happen. The whole thing is SUPPOSED to be admin only, as decided in the shitstorm that the original PR caused. I'll try to fix this but none of this shit happened in all those tests I performed locally.

EDIT: Oh fuck me I seriously forgot the null case?
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #101436

I say, add more cat accessories until people stop being salty about it, add more if they get angrier.
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #101439

MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #101537

Too late I already poured petrol on the server I'm ready to drop the match.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #101538

Scott wrote:It's masturbation material for furfags masqueraded as a feature
lol no. Furries dont even twitch for something like this.

This is anime weaboo tier shit.
Mime: Depresso
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #101540

As expert, I am inclined to agree with Invisty.

PURGE THE SERVER OF WEEBS.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #101547

tedward1337 wrote:Pretty much sums up my thoughts on it. Tg isnt the place for cat ears/tails.
But they've existed as a costume item since before most of the people in this thread started playing here. They've always been pretty popular.

I don't care what you guys do I just think it's funny to see people having selective memories.

It only took one dude pushing a cart around to inspire people to make lizards a playable race for everyone.
Around the same time Jon Riker was doing that there was a group of players running around (E)RP'ing as catbeests with ears they either stole, ordered from cargo, or prayed for.

I'm just saying like it or not that shit has been here forever.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #101557

mosquitoman wrote:There's a lesson here.

First it starts as a regular PR. It's rejected after most people are opposed to it. Then it gets reactivated as an "admin-only" thing. Then an "unfortunate bug" not only causes the whole "admin-only" restriction to be null and void, it also puts cat ears on your character after every round and you have to get rid of them manually. So a change that nobody wanted somehow ended up in the game and is actually enforced against the wishes of the majority of players. As sneaky as USA politics and their "freedom" and "patriot" acts.
http://www.xeon.pw/~francis/memes/webm/illuminati.webm
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #101560

invisty wrote:
Scott wrote:It's masturbation material for furfags masqueraded as a feature
lol no. Furries dont even twitch for something like this.

This is anime weaboo tier shit.
DemonFiren wrote:As expert, I am inclined to agree with Invisty.

PURGE THE SERVER OF WEEBS.
I can't help but be very confused when I see Lizard players posting things like this.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #101568

Lizardmen are a Japanese thing?
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #101583

Cheimon wrote:Lizardmen are a Japanese thing?
I think the confusion more stems from one "oppressed subculture" asking for the other "oppressed subculture" to be purged.
Logic would have the two team up against "oppressors" but lo, it's SS13.
私は完璧
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #101588

people really love that slippery slope fallacy dont they?

"BUT LIZARDS STARTED OUT AS ADMIN ONLY AND NOW THEYRE ROUNDSTART"

yes... because the majority of the community accepts them now. roundstart cat people are a matter of policy now there's a config option for them, and given how much opposition there is from the community, that policy will not change. I personally insist on this. if the community does not want roundstart cat people we should not have them, and anyone who asks an admin to use that button I built in should be valid (I even programmed it to warn you that you "feel valid"). I personally don't agree with that policy but the opinion of one coder does not outweigh what the majority of the community wants.

also because it's a config option, other servers can enable it and people who want to play with roundstart cat people can go to those servers.
Spoiler:
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #101595

i actually hate cat ears, but if you hate these you have to recognize that the lizard customization is really just as bad, and looks like a clusterfuck.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #101596

I know I've harped on about this but I think these customization options we're giving away is a bad thing.

First its subjectivity ugly and secondly it makes disguises all but impossible.

Lets just keep the races and their apperance simple, hairstyles and eye colour should be ample for everyone. At most lizards should get a horn choice.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #101656

this kind of cosmetic thing fucks actual features like disguising in exchange for, and i say this unironically, people circlejerking over their "lel so fahnny" cat ears
An0n3 wrote:But they've existed as a costume item since before most of the people in this thread started playing here. They've always been pretty popular.
They've always been pretty popular *with the scummiest people on basil who probably have actual real life mental illnesses*. And yes, they've existed as a hat for ages, but at least that's more of an ironic thing and it's a hat and not grafted onto your fucking head.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #101659

PKPenguin321 wrote: They've always been pretty popular *with the scummiest people on basil who probably have actual real life mental illnesses*. And yes, they've existed as a hat for ages, but at least that's more of an ironic thing and it's a hat and not grafted onto your fucking head.
I choked in laughter but he's right you know
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #101725

R-r-r-revert pls
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Stan_Studnick
Byond Username: Stan_Studnick

Post by Stan_Studnick » #101916

I don't care about the cat ears and tail themselves but holy fuck the nya nya tee hee imma kikitty!! shit needs to fucking go and die. God damn it that's annoying, it isn't even funny or fun, and while I'm usually willing to give the benefit of the doubt on gimmicks.. well, I gave that benefit and I regret it. I'm fine with uguu and silly OOC shit but the moment it went into the actual game I thought it was stupid shit. It's caused some strife between me and certain people, but I'm sorry, it's just annoying and dumb and people are too busy playing catperson to do their actual jobs. (and yeah I've forgiven that behavior because there was roleplay but there is none to be found with the weeb shit)
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #102210

Ricotez wrote:people really love that slippery slope fallacy dont they?

"BUT LIZARDS STARTED OUT AS ADMIN ONLY AND NOW THEYRE ROUNDSTART"

yes... because the majority of the community accepts them now. roundstart cat people are a matter of policy now there's a config option for them, and given how much opposition there is from the community, that policy will not change. I personally insist on this. if the community does not want roundstart cat people we should not have them, and anyone who asks an admin to use that button I built in should be valid (I even programmed it to warn you that you "feel valid"). I personally don't agree with that policy but the opinion of one coder does not outweigh what the majority of the community wants.

also because it's a config option, other servers can enable it and people who want to play with roundstart cat people can go to those servers.

People accept roundstart lizards because they're forced by server policy to do so. You can't try to start shit with them because *BAN*, you can't treat them as the "second-class citizen" bullshit that was used to drown out the mass "No go away" (People promote lizards to heads/lizards selpromote themselves to heads all the time to evade the restriction), because you'll be lynched by hissing Space Tumblrites, and the "Slippery Slope is a fallacy" argument was literally used to promote them getting in because "Having lizardpeople doesn't mean we'll get stuff like other space furry races, that's a fallacy".

In the meantime, we've had

1) PR for dogpeople race (failed) [I think. They did show up for Spacepril Fools though, which was funny]
2) PR for khajit (failed)
3) PR for animoo catgirls (passed)

What was that about a fallacy again?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #102211

When Lizards were first implemented it was a very controversial decision, I don't know the stats but it was not a case of unanimous support.
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #102214

Lizards are at least a little bit alien compared to humans with cat stuff.
They are reptiles not mammals, have scales instead of skin, hiss due to their tongue, are colorful, some of them even talk/RP in a lizard-y/almost caveman-y way. Xemo with his lemons was a perfect example: weird, obviously different, unique = alien.
The only alien thing about humans with cat ears and tails is their annoying attitude.
Fuck, if you make them quadrupedal tigers with wings that growl instead of talk and had the peculiarity of lizards being their favorite food, we'd have something special about them and I'd be willing to give it a shot.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #102222

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Space Tumblrites
I had a whole post written out but then I read this and realized you're part of the "everyone who's against me is a SJW" crowd so you know what? i'll just boil it down to the essence: lizards and cat people are two separate policies, and you can both change them if you can get the majority of the community behind you. because guess what, the community is not a single-minded entity.

also next time I put up a PR you will wait until *I* make the feedback thread.
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #102223

Ricotez wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Space Tumblrites
I had a whole post written out but then I read this and realized you're part of the "everyone who's against me is a SJW" crowd so you know what? i'll just boil it down to the essence: lizards and cat people are two separate policies, and you can both change them if you can get the majority of the community behind you. because guess what, the community is not a single-minded entity.

also next time I put up a PR you will wait until *I* make the feedback thread.
I also see you're part of the "Everyone who's against me is a memelord/idiot/4channer" crowd.

I'll wait like half an hour like I usually do. Otherwise I don't get to name the thread amusing things when a new development occurs.
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #102233

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:I also see you're part of the "Everyone who's against me is a memelord/idiot/4channer" crowd.
Only if Godwin's Law modified for Tumblr applies to them.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:I'll wait like half an hour like I usually do. Otherwise I don't get to name the thread amusing things when a new development occurs.
A feedback thread is supposed to be neutral ground where people can speak out their opinions. If you put your personal bias in the title, it's not a feedback thread, it's a shitpost.

I mean for fuck's sake, this thing already spawned 3 different feedback threads. First yours, then this one (in the same bloody subforum), and now another one in the Policy Discussion subforum. At least the second and third ones had neutral titles.

Speaking of the feedback thread in Policy Discussion... That is where this discussion is supposed to go now, because cat people are not enabled by round start and if an admin changes someone they are SUPPOSED to be valid.
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #102240

Feedback is for game feedback, not just feedback on unmerged PRs.

Having a mildly amusing clickbait title hardly makes it a shitpost. All I said in the actual thread was a link to the PR and "Discuss" (Like all my PR Awareness Threads)
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #102241

While I am mostly neutral about the whole cat people thing you have to admit that when lizards were added everyone cried that it was the first step to furry weeb shit and the response was mostly "lol slippery slope fallacy" but it turned out to be true. Maybe they deserve a little more consideration this time around
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #102242

I'm going to stop discussing this, you can consider yourself having won the discussion. I just feel increasingly apathetic toward my own feature and by now I honestly wish I had never put up the PR.
Spoiler:
I got fucking death threats for crying out loud. Someone wanted to kill me over adding a few pixels to a stupid spaceman game. Nothing is worth that.
Just... Do whatever. Put up a PR to remove this feature. Punish admins who abuse Toggle Purrbation. As long as I don't have to be involved in the discussions any longer.
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #102245

> death threats over a 2d toolboxing simulator

Whoever did that is a garbage human and seriously needs some fucking perspective
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #102255

Wyzack wrote:> death threats over a 2d toolboxing simulator

Whoever did that is a garbage human and seriously needs some fucking perspective
Seconded.

Personally I don't think its needed as a roundstart option, few people will use it and it causes way too much controversy. Leave it as an admin thing, such as respecting and such already is.

But seriously, get a grip, you don't need to threaten someone over a PR
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #102268

I find it amusing that many content creators wish that they never did get their content added to the game not long afterwards, interesting trend.

Cat Ears and Tails simply should be either removed, or more likely gated behind admin controls. It should never have been a round start option or choice.

Also, as noted, this whole scenario has given a lot of credit to the people who called the addition of lizards a slippery slope, because they are being proven correct.
Scott
Github User

Post by Scott » #102274

taking death threats seriously
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #102278

Steelpoint wrote: Also, as noted, this whole scenario has given a lot of credit to the people who called the addition of lizards a slippery slope, because they are being proven correct.
No they're not. The condition for merging the PR was that the cat stuff was made unavailable. They were only available because of a bug, which was quickly fixed: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/10353

The slope is not slippery
but even if it was, why is that such a big deal? oh no someone has a tail purge the heresy ex dee
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #102280

Cheridan wrote:
Steelpoint wrote: Also, as noted, this whole scenario has given a lot of credit to the people who called the addition of lizards a slippery slope, because they are being proven correct.
No they're not. The condition for merging the PR was that the cat stuff was made unavailable. They were only available because of a bug, which was quickly fixed: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/10353

The slope is not slippery
but even if it was, why is that such a big deal? oh no someone has a tail purge the heresy ex dee
Exterminatus
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #102286

The reasons are two fold.

Firstly its a aesthetic, cat people are usually just stereotypical, unimaginative, slough that is the cornerstone of anyone without a shred of creativity.

Secondly the Space Station 13 community has a very bad history, current and past, with non-humans that resemble typical furries, and these changes will invite them into our community and, while it might sound elitist for me to say, I do not want those kind of players on /tg/station.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #102287

Ricotez wrote:I got fucking death threats for crying out loud. Someone wanted to kill me over adding a few pixels to a stupid spaceman game. Nothing is worth that.
While I strongly dislike the feature, whoever's enough of a raging cockwad to post death threats on singulo or whatever should punch themself in the face in order to increase their own IQ.
Scott
Github User

Post by Scott » #102294

Steelpoint wrote:The reasons are two fold.

Firstly its a aesthetic, cat people are usually just stereotypical, unimaginative, slough that is the cornerstone of anyone without a shred of creativity.

Secondly the Space Station 13 community has a very bad history, current and past, with non-humans that resemble typical furries, and these changes will invite them into our community and, while it might sound elitist for me to say, I do not want those kind of players on /tg/station.
It's not elitist.