Security bot detain mode removed

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

Do you like this change?

Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes: 32

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Security bot detain mode removed

Post by oranges » #100239

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/10282 - PR, please keep to technical discussion, I will receieve feedback here.

The reasoning behind this is they literally spam stun you in place and it honestly is not fun at all, especially if no one comes and picks you up

Please leave a poll feedback and some discussion on a way you think is better to handle this.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Re: Security bot detain mode removed

Post by Shadowlight213 » #100241

I think as cheridan suggested, having the bot get bored after a while and just wander away would work really well. It would keep the arrested person from just running away and removing their cuffs, but it would let people get out of being stunlocked.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #100242

This is a nice change. Not many sec officers actually fiddle with beepskys settings anyhow.
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Killbasa
Byond Username: Killbasa

Post by Killbasa » #100248

I dont think beepsky getting bored would be the right way to go about it. The diminishing returns makes more sense because why would an officer walk away from a suspect he just stunned? With that, the guy would still get a chance to run away.
I play Trevor Glomps/Tire Justice.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #100251

Detain is not really useful at all, so I don't see a issue in removing it.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #100253

I'm always for sec benefits, this is not one of them. Either I'm on my way to grab em on the first call out from beepsky, or I'm not.
And it just isn't sporting honestly.

It was a good enough idea to try though, but in practice it's not working out.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #100255

If code-possible, You could just make beepsky pull the detained just like any normal sec officer [and beepsky sometimes sits in one area for a bit making it somewhat possible to escape] and if it's pulling someone to call them out over X minutes over and over. Getting stunlocked is about the equivalent to being moved every 2 seconds by the security while cuffed, It's part of the 'God damn it I got caught and I can't fukken escape' experience, excluding the FUN chatspam you get because you're being smacked over and over by the hero we need but don't deserve :thelaw: .
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #100266

Detain mode is pretty miserable it makes everyone involved sad even the officer. Well most people would be upset knowing they trapped someone gibbering for mercy from a implacable npc, felt rotten the few times I tried it out mostly to learn more about beepsky.
Last edited by Incomptinence on Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #100267

Remove it from beepsky too.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #100282

oranges wrote:The reasoning behind this is they literally spam stun you in place and it honestly is not fun at all, especially if no one comes and picks you up
Except it doesn't actually work that way, you've got plenty of time between stuns to get up and double arse mode it out of there.
Edit: Nm, I see this is for ED209s.

Probably does work with their tasers actually... but ED209s aren't exactly a thing that gets made every round.

Edit 2: I don't really care either way if this gets removed or not, but I do want to see securitrons and EDs get proper cuffs back. 30 second resist and they break zip cuffs are worthless
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #100285

Well, it's preferrable to hordes of shitlers running around with free handcuffs.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #100286

Then make zipties last longer than cablecuffs
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #100470

I'll add heavy duty zipcuffs for the beep and ed's
rockpecker
Byond Username: Rockpecker

Post by rockpecker » #100879

oranges wrote:I'll add heavy duty zipcuffs for the beep and ed's
Whoa whoa whoa.

No. They do not need "heavy duty zipcuffs". If a security bot cuffs you and no human officer comes to pick you up, then you haven't been charged with anything and should get to escape without too much hassle. Security bots are an extension of officers, not a replacement for them.
Remove the AI.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #100880

zitpies are already 45 seconds to resit iirc.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #100978

rockpecker wrote:
Whoa whoa whoa.

No. They do not need "heavy duty zipcuffs". If a security bot cuffs you and no human officer comes to pick you up, then you haven't been charged with anything and should get to escape without too much hassle. Security bots are an extension of officers, not a replacement for them.
>muh h-u-g box

They used to have the same two minute cuffs as normal officers, if a sec bot arrests you either you:
a. have a weapon you shouldn't have, and sec has actually bothered setting the sec bots to check for weapons
b. attacked the sec bot
or c. were already set to arrest
So you have been charged with something already, if you're set to arrest its your own fault for not wearing a disguise.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #101007

Disguising against beepsky is wildly inconsistent
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #101014

Beepsky has a setting to arrest unknowns, or a sec record can be made to centrally manage that setting easier.

Don't disguise yourself as an unknown, numbnuts.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #101132

rockpecker wrote:
Whoa whoa whoa.

Sorry but if you get beepd or ed'd you've literally committed a crime (carrying a weapon without authorisation) or been set to arrest.

NVM malk beat me to it
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #101589

Or the traitor/Malf AI is fucking with you to keep you in the plasma storm, or they have been emagged.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #101615

Not being identifiable isn't a crime, though, just shady as fuck and would be probable cause for searching in a blue alert, if Sec was reaching for reasons.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #101617

I consider it a crime to not wear your designated ID card visibly.
Not one worth arresting for more often than not, but being difficult about being asked to wear it is Failure to comply with centcomm mandates.

There really isn't a good reason to run around without an ID besides the clown stole it and this gas mask was all I could find.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #101618

No, but not having your ID visible doesn't automatically imply that they're some changeling/traitor/whatever out to kick your wife and fuck your dog.

It's sketchy, it doesn't have many valid reasons outside of stolen ID/hiding from that mime out for your blood, but it shouldn't be immediately seen as antagonistic behavior.
I've seen officers(And by extension, Beepsky) stun unknowns before the blue alert even pops and that irks me.
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #101621

as someone who's been stunlocked for an entire round in the AI core by detain mode i'm mega behind this change
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #101622

Pretty much nothing of value lost here

I've done some funny shit with it but it's pretty dumb
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #101624

So security should have to pretend to not know that unknowns are usually up to no good to appease your RP blue alert conditions?

This is right up there with the flimsy reasoning that security should have to be more verbal during an arrest, or ask rather than bag and tag, It's just so people can run off, and now know you're after them, and I'm not even going to try to keep people like that happy.
Scones

Post by Scones » #101634

Falamazeer wrote:So security should have to pretend to not know that unknowns are usually up to no good to appease your RP blue alert conditions?

This is right up there with the flimsy reasoning that security should have to be more verbal during an arrest, or ask rather than bag and tag, It's just so people can run off, and now know you're after them, and I'm not even going to try to keep people like that happy.
Blue Alert is absolutely grounds to stop and search an unknown, anyone who does not agree is pretty much objectively in the wrong.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #101660

Takeguru wrote:No, but not having your ID visible doesn't automatically imply that they're some changeling/traitor/whatever out to kick your wife and fuck your dog.

It's sketchy, it doesn't have many valid reasons outside of stolen ID/hiding from that mime out for your blood, but it shouldn't be immediately seen as antagonistic behavior.
I've seen officers(And by extension, Beepsky) stun unknowns before the blue alert even pops and that irks me.
Obviously you've never worked in a job in a secure corporate facility, because if you had you'd know that not wearing your ID is going to get the security guards challenging you and then you get bollocked from your boss.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #101666

Nope.
If a sec borg has to baton you, you deserve to be stun-locked.
While stun locked, the borg should constantly shout, in nar-sie level red text

I AM THE LAWWWWW!!!!11
I AM THE LAWWWWW!!!!11
I AM THE LAWWWWW!!!!11
I AM THE LAWWWWW!!!!11
I AM THE LAWWWWW!!!!11
I AM THE LAWWWWW!!!!11
I AM THE LAWWWWW!!!!11
I AM THE LAWWWWW!!!!11
I AM THE LAWWWWW!!!!11
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Scones

Post by Scones » #101677

Did you even read the op jesus christ
Stan_Studnick
Byond Username: Stan_Studnick

Post by Stan_Studnick » #101922

Malkevin wrote:They used to have the same two minute cuffs as normal officers, if a sec bot arrests you either you:
a. have a weapon you shouldn't have, and sec has actually bothered setting the sec bots to check for weapons
b. attacked the sec bot
or c. were already set to arrest
So you have been charged with something already, if you're set to arrest its your own fault for not wearing a disguise.
oranges wrote:Sorry but if you get beepd or ed'd you've literally committed a crime (carrying a weapon without authorisation) or been set to arrest.

NVM malk beat me to it
You're both wrong, and here's why: On another server I made a swarm of security bots, brought them to the bar where basically the whole station was chilling, and I EMP'd them all which had the same effect as emagging them. I then went and watched like five episodes of How It's Made and ate peanut butter out of the jar. Finally when I came back everyone was being detained and there was no way to restart vote, so OOC chat was bitching pretty hard about me. Since I was gone for hours, a lot of people ragequit and their braindead characters were still being abused by the Beepsky clan.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #101950

Sounds like none of them were smart enough to duck in an area outside of beepsky's patrol zone.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #101984

Read again. He dragged all of those things to the bar.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #101992

I'm assuming he still left them on patrol mode, if not then those people are even bigger retards than I first thought
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #102014

I think this rather large image sums up the unidentified mode pretty well:
Spoiler:
Stan_Studnick
Byond Username: Stan_Studnick

Post by Stan_Studnick » #102058

Malkevin wrote:I'm assuming he still left them on patrol mode, if not then those people are even bigger retards than I first thought
They were too busy beating people to patrol. One would get up, cloud of securitrons would rush over and stun, another would get up, the cloud would rush over to that guy and the cloud of securitrons would rush over sans one to do the same to that guy. It was a mess, either way you're grasping at straws here trying to justify why you're right. Actually I think the firelocks were closed because of the EMP, so it wouldn't have made a difference anyway since the bots don't have maintenance access.

That reminds me, on Basil I was camped for the better part of an hour one time in the arrivals hallway by an angry Beepsky because the whole crew was set to arrest. I called for help over the radio, tried to resist, tried to fight, but in the end it took somebody coming over and blasting Beepsky to save me. I briefly considered ahelping about it but there was no admins and I wasn't aware that adminhelps went to #adminbus at the time. (I was still new to /tg/ when this happened)