Explosions 2: Nudity Boogaloo

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Explosions 2: Nudity Boogaloo

Post by Actionb » #103116

Why. We have already had explosions that wrecked your shit. Everyone hated it. Why is it back in the game now?
Why is it needed? There is nothing more annoying in the game than losing your gear just because an explosion happened somewhere on your screen, even more so if it is a rare item like a rigsuit.
Is it in the game for realism's sake? Please. I was left with only my CE armor after an explosion - because I was holding it in my hands at the time of detonation.
Another time, I was only stripped off my rigsuit. How does that work? Is the shockwave casually helping you out of your reinforced space suit while not touching anything else?

Item destruction != fun. Bombs are deadly and round ending enough as it is. No need to fuck over anyone nearby by letting them lose all their gear ontop of being dead.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Re: Explosions 2: Nudity Boogaloo

Post by invisty » #103117

I don't mind the item removal, but shouldn't the chance of items being removed depend on their armour values? If hardsuits and bombsuits have high BOMB resists, they should be that much harder to destroy, right?
Mime: Depresso
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #103122

There should be no item removal full stop, we already had a big stink about this months ago so why did someone decides to bring back this universally disliked feature?

E: I recently play a round as a admin spawned Wizard, some other Wizard gave the crew guns and when I turned a corner a single round from a syndi shotgun (explosive rounds) destroyed my robes. That's just stupid.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #103423

Gamebreaking garbage. Explosions are good enough already most of the people this applies to are heavily damaged near a brand new breach why take away their kit that could make survival remotely possible?
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #103424

Who added this? It was hated the first time for being shit, it is still hated and still shit. It is not fun. why why why
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #103429

I'm pretty sure this PR by Ikarrus was responsible for the current state of affairs: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/10155
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #103433

Honestly I would put up a revert PR right now but I have no idea how to seperate the bomb removal code from the code that has fire burn your clothing (which is bad as well).
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #103539

Item removal is pretty awful.
See: explosions that last time, fire now burning all your shit, and acid.