Sleeping Carp Gang

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Sleeping Carp Gang

Post by Xhuis » #104540

As the only gang to have the martial arts fighting style, I want some feedback on what people think of it. It's currently undergoing a buff (https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/10627) and I want to know the ways I can improve this gang.
  • What is your overall experience with the gang?
  • Do you enjoy playing as a Sleeping Carp gangster or gang boss? Why or why not?
  • Do you enjoy playing against the Sleeping Carp gang? Why or why not?
  • How do you think the gang can be improved?
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Re: Sleeping Carp Gang

Post by Scones » #104541

They've lost every time I play against them because people are shit and don't abuse the horrendously overpowered martial arts.

The Bo Staff is weird and the knockdown has some sort of delay to it. Maybe I'm using it wrong? Also, mother of GOD, that thing is robust.

Sleeping Carp is interesting, I guess.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Re: Sleeping Carp Gang

Post by Incoming » #104545

As a said in the bug report without a ranged option they're mercilessly outclassed the second any other gang buys a gun.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!