Super Pai (traitor item)

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Atticat
Byond Username: Atticat

Super Pai (traitor item)

Post by Atticat » #106849

Ok so what if syndicate could order a "super pai" that had remote abilities such as opening and closing doors, setting you off arrest, and modyifing the atmos alarms from a distance?

It would have to have some neat abilities but not as many as the AI to prevent it from being OP.

What do you think?

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Re: Super Pai (traitor item)

Post by Cik » #106851

might be neat

i wish pAIs were better in general tbh, but yeah super version for a few TCs might be cool
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #106972

Cik wrote:might be neat

i wish pAIs were better in general tbh, but yeah super version for a few TCs might be cool
It would need to be more than a few TCs.

Just the opening and closing doors part is massive, it's an emag that leaves no trace.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #107145

Except for the brute force alert to the AI
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #107245

it gives an alert to the AI and it's slow as fuck

an emag is incredibly more useful, as is a small amount of engineering knowledge, a screwdriver wirecutter and crowbar.

seriously, you can go through doors much faster with some tools that are freely available to anyone.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #107257

It's slow as fuuuuuuuuck to use a Pai, it's literately the single worst way to get through a door I can possibly think of besides ignoring it and trying to cut through an Rwall instead, and even that's arguable depending on how well you remember the order.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #107302

Falamazeer wrote:It's slow as fuuuuuuuuck to use a Pai, it's literately the single worst way to get through a door I can possibly think of besides ignoring it and trying to cut through an Rwall instead, and even that's arguable depending on how well you remember the order.
I can 100% get through an RWall faster than a pAI can get through a door. It's something like wirecutter screwdriver weld crowbar wrench weld crowbar screwdriver wirecutter wrench screwdriver, with hefty delays on crowbars and moderate delays on welding.

Meanwhile the pAI will be like 70% through the door at that point, having alerted the AI to what you are doing.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #107320

The whole point of this discussion before you three jumped in was adding a "super" pAI that can open doors like a carded AI.

We know a normal pAI is shite, but thats not what the thread is about.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #107359

Well I can see the appeal but I'm not certain it should open doors exactly like a carded AI can. Give it a datajack but give it more versatility and make it much, much quicker so that it's actually feasible to use. Slot it's jack into a console you don't have access to and tell it to make the changes you want but the downside is that the AI is informed and you need to wait a moment while the pAI decodes the encryption. Maybe it give it more options when it hacks a door, like electrifying or bolting it as well.
It can also have more download options, perhaps something like a Trojan that let's a pAI instantly hack any device it's hacked before at the cost of eating up alot of memory space.

I think there should be a downside though so making it fairly expensive would be one solution. It's also dependant on another player ghost which adds a random variable to their effectiveness. I'm not sure how *much* different they ought to be from pAIs and what kind of downloads there should be. Maybe a voice impersonation module they can use over comms to throw people off a bit longer?
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #107367

As to the ghost thing, I'd say let the tator tot get a refund if no one fills the slot.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #107369

An item that, when used on a normal pAI, turns into a Super pAI, could work. You'd need a pAI anyway to pull it off, though.