Aliens

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Aliens

Post by Steelpoint » #75350

Bottom post of the previous page:

Riot Shields also have a chance to deflect or block a Aliens attack. Its RNG but its better than a small (10%?) chance of not getting stunned normally.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #75353

WJohnston wrote:Be creative with how you fight aliens, if they have a clear advantage in one area, learn how to either work around it or negate it entirely.
Numbers: The stunning only lasts so long, too many people prevents everyone from being stunlocked.
Speed: Keep up and even outpace them, great for avoiding backup xenos.
Lasers: Distance means melee can't hit you.
Face protection: Ignore facehuggers completely.
Riot shield: Immune to pouncing, very resistant to spit (which can only be fired in cardinal directions)
Hulks: They can't stun you at all, and you can stun them with your punches.
Fires: Melt them and their nest, flush them out and put them in bad positions.
Mechs: Has all of the above.

It's not hard, you use these kinds of tactics on things like blobs, nuke ops, and revolutions. Competent aliens are just as dangerous as competent blobs or nuke teams, you just need a competent crew to respond.
People clearly just dont know how to fight xenos. I mean the phazon is a easy way to destroy all xenos
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #75366

Blob and aliens are actually inverse in the case of mechs. Mech attack speed limit means a box of chicken nuggets can overwhelm and slowly kill the mech, faster attacking multiple humans deal with nuggets easily.

Blob is weak to mobs of humanling chaff with basic tools. Xenos are not don't expect to just wipe them with a mob of assistants.

Phazon pilot with xray goggles is a xeno anathema so awful heavy lasers just being fired on unsuspecting xenos thing they are hidden in the dark, total carnage.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #76135

Shame that that only buys you half a second before they disarm you again, honk.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #76356

Xenos only get wrecked by round end competent stations, otherwise they blitz
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #118276

Apparently xenomorphs not only get a free stun which they can instantly switch with harmful intents to literally stunlock-and-kill several people at once, but now they also get full knockouts which last for, at the least, two minutes? When did that happen?

EDIT: And when did dead hosts being viable for breeding become a thing? It doesn't make any sense.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #118278

Pretty sure dead hosts can't be used for breeding, but killing an impregnated host speeds up the amount of time it takes to burst, last I checked anyways. Don't like it personally but it's there.

Another thing most people don't know is that biting people as a burster speeds up your evolution rate, so go ahead and bite the other people who haven't bursted yet
Nitrousoxide
Byond Username: Nitro2985

Post by Nitrousoxide » #118279

Where is everyone getting the idea xenos are round enders? I've like never seen a xeno hive succeed. They always get annihilated quickly with a flame thrower or lasers from sec.
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #118280

Nitrousoxide wrote:Where is everyone getting the idea xenos are round enders? I've like never seen a xeno hive succeed. They always get annihilated quickly with a flame thrower or lasers from sec.
this post is fucking comedy gold, because RIGHT NOW on sybil there's a literal shuttle full of xenos going to centcomm
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
Nitrousoxide
Byond Username: Nitro2985

Post by Nitrousoxide » #118281

whodaloo wrote:
Nitrousoxide wrote:Where is everyone getting the idea xenos are round enders? I've like never seen a xeno hive succeed. They always get annihilated quickly with a flame thrower or lasers from sec.
this post is fucking comedy gold, because RIGHT NOW on sybil there's a literal shuttle full of xenos going to centcomm
Well maybe it only happens on low pop rounds in the middle of the day when I'm at work?

I've seen it happen like once in the evening when I usually play.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #118282

All these failed xeno hives.

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #118334

Nitrousoxide wrote:
whodaloo wrote:
Well maybe it only happens on low pop rounds in the middle of the day when I'm at work?

I've seen it happen like once in the evening when I usually play.
>i've seen it happen like once

well there's your problem
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #118338

They snowball based on securing sources of monkies, that's all
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #118870

Aliens either win really hard and spend their time hunting survivers waiting for the shuttle or get absolutely wrecked by robust turbogriffons. When you see one alien take out a group of people and get wasted by a naked axe wielding lunatic full of stims you'll understand how it works.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #118881

aliens are fun precisely because they show up so rarely.

lets keep it that way
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #119906

Had aliens show up roughly five rounds in a row ruining things like cult and suck I mean is the events probability broken it's been all aliens and they dominate every round and for events as a break we get more aliens. Only round they didn't take over was one where the starting larva went sentinel. Is the random chance of them showing up broken?

Take over meaning become the sole focus shuttle calls etc.
Last edited by Incomptinence on Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #119907

Had six alien rounds in a row, want more. Aliums are fun to play as, fun to play against, they are super-fun in general and need to be a round in their own right.
Bring back papercult.