Newcop shuttle

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Newcop shuttle

Post by lumipharon » #120596

Not sure if anyone's made a thread about it, but as most people know, a side effect of changing shuttle tiles to be children of normal floors/walls etc is that the nuke op shuttle is (very) easily breached.

Adding a couple of turrets helps a little bit, but I'm sure everyone can agree that the gamemode was never designed around the fact that players could simple weld into the shuttle and space the nuke.

It's extremely unfun and cheesy, and would suggest that the nuke shuttle walls be make indestructable as they used to be (barring shit like the singulo of course).

Also other shuttle walls are really too easy to decon, they should be children of r-walls, not normal walls.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Newcop shuttle

Post by PKPenguin321 » #120611

make a new kind of wall, a SUPER R-WALL
deconned the same way as an r-wall + another layer of welder-crowbar-wrench-welder-crowbar but each step takes 7x longer, also immune to thermite and things that punch down walls (hulks, juggernauts) as well as being immune to bombs
can't be constructed and is placed on the syndie shuttle because why not
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #120631

We just need a better guard than turrets. Beepsyndie? A securitron (synditron) with a stunning esword set to attack all non syndicates could help.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #120632

Incomptinence wrote:We just need a better guard than turrets. Beepsyndie? A securitron (synditron) with a stunning esword set to attack all non syndicates could help.
Yeah but then the nuke ops would bring it with them like an unrobust sec officer
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #120662

making the flu cop shuttle tiles indestructible is super duper ez, dont look for complicated solutions.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #120816

I am not sure how relevant it is if the shuttle is easy to breach since each time I ask the admins they tell me it's too meta to raid the op shuttle.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #120818

AS FAR AS I KNOW, it's fine to raid the shuttle if you come across it naturally, or through reasonable deduction

Like, if ops are spotted coming in, checking space near their entry point is a-okay

Spacing the nuke is pretty cheesy, but I dunno.

I only ever raid the shuttle for toys the newcops may have left behind, I generally don't bother with the nuke unless they've got their hands on the disk and it's already on station
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #120826

I've seen the nuke spaced so many times since the wall changes - it's fucking rediculous, and only happens because people know that the shuttle appears at specific points in space.

But basically, return the walls to how they were, and everything is 100% ok.