Security Roundstart Population

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Re: Security Roundstart Population

Post by Takeguru » #113701

Bottom post of the previous page:

No to antagsec

As it stands now, it's hard to trust a sec officer, but if they can go back to rolling for antag I can guarantee most people will avoid them like the fucking plague that they were, all over again.
Arete
Byond Username: Arete

Post by Arete » #113702

It's just way more obvious when security is understaffed because they're geared toward countering antag activity. For round chaos to be more consistent regardless of sec slot filling, we'd need to promote other departments being equally vital in keeping things under control. But that raises the spooky spectre of the validhunting bogeyman.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #113704

Give everyone sidearms
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #113758

Kor wrote:Also I saw security win a gang round the other day by opening 12 security officer slots as long as we're going by anecdotes.

http://ss13.eu/tgdb/tg/latest_stats.html#job_popularity

The stats show that 16% of players have officer on high or medium though, which is more popular than most jobs.
Does Security take priority over other jobs if enabled?

It doesn't really mean much otherwise. Was security already staffed? If there is a decently large Security force people do join it.

The issue arises when it's nearly empty at round start and then people don't want to late join. Which from my experience and those of others is become more common for a number of reasons.
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #113784

I would assume no.

It uses the same priority as every other job, barring assistant

Also:
Spoiler:
Late night low sec happens a lot, but that's part of it being late night

Probably about 11:30 PST if you want to log dive again.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #113820

Takeguru wrote:I would assume no.

It uses the same priority as every other job, barring assistant

Also:
Spoiler:
Late night low sec happens a lot, but that's part of it being late night

Probably about 11:30 PST if you want to log dive again.
It occurs around EU and US Prime Time as well. It is more common late night/early morning. Enough people are complaining about not wanting to play sec for it to be an issue I feel.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #114617

Arete wrote:It's just way more obvious when security is understaffed because they're geared toward countering antag activity. For round chaos to be more consistent regardless of sec slot filling, we'd need to promote other departments being equally vital in keeping things under control. But that raises the spooky spectre of the validhunting bogeyman.
We used to have this before we decided to nerf everything into the ground and made 'validhunting' a dirty word.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #114618

Stickymayhem wrote:Do I need to wipe out security policy entirely so you can crack skulls
please do this
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #114619

Today I was the Captain.
A mime broke into my office, I shot at him with disablers and he laid hands on me, so once I got him down I whipped him to death with the CoC.

Was not boinked. 11/10, would beat that mime again.
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #114622

It's always the mime

I rarely see the clown do the stupid disposals trick to get in, it's always that god damn mime
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #114656

Takeguru wrote:It's always the mime

I rarely see the clown do the stupid disposals trick to get in, it's always that god damn mime

It seems like whenever I'm in cargo a bunch of clowns show up asking to be mailed to the captains office.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #114739

Malkevin wrote:Today I was the Captain.
A mime broke into my office, I shot at him with disablers and he laid hands on me, so once I got him down I whipped him to death with the CoC.

Was not boinked. 11/10, would beat that mime again.
yeah the captain can basically just execute for any crime that directly affects him because if it's against him it's always some kind of grand crime and he is the one that authorizes executions
pretty great when you can say "next person to break into my office gets executed twice," shoot down the mime, defib him, shoot him again, and put him in genetics
i'd be okay with security having that kind of power but the problem is that security has a fetish for disciplining people who never committed a crime to begin with
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #114744

I think a lot of perceived issues with security come from people who are new players/not english speakers playing it, both of which happens a LOT

I make an effort to make sure timers are adjusted suitingly, and I swear to god when someone does wrong it gets fixed and the culprit is 9/10 times one of those goddamned mutes
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #115034

Scones wrote:I think a lot of perceived issues with security come from people who are new players/not english speakers playing it, both of which happens a LOT

I make an effort to make sure timers are adjusted suitingly, and I swear to god when someone does wrong it gets fixed and the culprit is 9/10 times one of those goddamned mutes
By mutes do you mean bald, human assistants with gas masks as unknowns who never say a single word?
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #115053

He means mimes.
Kyrogeniz
Byond Username: Kyrogeniz

Post by Kyrogeniz » #121370

I will admit as a security main that I do get a ton of hatred for playing it and doing my job as specified. A select few actually understand what it's like to be in my position of little to no security.

For those concerned with who I play/haven't seen previous posts:
Kimiko Shinrishiho
Jeremy Trenton
Kyuko Ralen

I play all of them in security or engineering, no matter the situation. Being security is rough as hell anymore and, honestly, it drove me to play less on the server sadly. It isn't enjoyable to play alone or with one other person in the force and constantly getting hate and displeasure from the others who are around in the game and in OOC. I can't offer a solution to it, I just figured to post my input on the situation seeing as I was mentioned as an example several times.