Secure xeno pen needs acid proof gas injector and igniter

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Secure xeno pen needs acid proof gas injector and igniter

Post by Bombadil » #122678

That way we can actually kill the xenos again why was that shit ever removed. Especially now that we can harvest their organs for useful purposes

Also make the injector be right front and center so if xeno tries to lay any fucking plasma walls on top of it we can laser it down so the the plasma and oxygen get released.
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Re: Secure xeno pen needs acid proof gas injector and ignite

Post by Oldman Robustin » #122684

I dunno maybe there should be inherent risk to storing xenos and not just a built-in foolproof execution method that encourages people to just farm their organs.

It's kinda shitty to grab ghosts for popping in xenobio if they're just going to be in a cell for a few minutes before plasma fire consumes them all.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #122700

Oldman Robustin wrote:I dunno maybe there should be inherent risk to storing xenos and not just a built-in foolproof execution method that encourages people to just farm their organs.

It's kinda shitty to grab ghosts for popping in xenobio if they're just going to be in a cell for a few minutes before plasma fire consumes them all.
Well I could always fill the pen with plasma before they pop but then the xenobilogists go autistic wanting to release the xenos and will attack security if they even try to kill them

Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #122711

It's already impossible for xenos to escape containment without outside intervention. There's supposed to be a risk involved with them. If people just start farming them for organs with no risk, larvas will probably just suicide the moment they pop.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #122712

Correct.

Right now its impossible for any Alien to escape, but escape is guaranteed since someone will eventually just let the Aliens loose.
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #122730

Whenever you're a scientist and a miner brings in a live facehugger it's just awkward. You want the xenos to be free because it leads to loads of FUN but you can't really let them escape as a protag. Often some guy will just pretend that he accidentally let them go.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #122732

I once was RD with my own Xeno farm (this is AFTER the organs update), and wanting to try out the update, I made an X-ray gun and lasered their queen to death, then retrieved the corpse. I then had the hive node implanted into my head. All the Xenos were angry and bullied me. While they DID escape and continued to bully me, I genuinely felt bad for killing a completely helpless player who was hoping for a chance to be let out.

Harvesting xenos for their powers is fun, but it is downright awful to cage actual players for the sole purpose of making them grow up and die like some farm animal. I would be extremely salty if it were done to me.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #122733

I was the Queen there. That was probably the single worst experience I've ever had in this game. Fuck off OP.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #122749

Why not just throw a single tank bomb down the disposals?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #122787

Have a hulk team ready. It is the better solution since with biosuit hoods they can just punch the xenos with impunity. Aliens are owed less than nothing.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #122788

The only reason I don't send the entire Security team down to RnD to kill any Aliens as soon as I get a whiff of it is due to the combination of the RnD department likely revolting over the attempt and that if we've gotten to the point where we're breeding Aliens then the round has gone on too long.

Whoever added Alien Organs having a positive impact on Humans really should have realised that there's no drawback to just breeding Aliens and killing them for the organs. Hell just let them breed, lower the shields and unload with your lasers and other weapons.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #122791

post yfw OP is too unrobust to kill caged XENOS.
tuypo1
Byond Username: Tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #122806

Gun Hog wrote:Harvesting xenos for their powers is fun, but it is downright awful to cage actual players for the sole purpose of making them grow up and die like some farm animal. I would be extremely salty if it were done to me.
I wonder if there is a way to be able to have npc xenos the question is how would you set it and it then removes fun if the npcs escape somehow because the players that could have been them arent
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #122918

oranges wrote:post yfw OP is too unrobust to kill caged XENOS.
Guess you've never had a queen who made a resin nest and uses it to fucking cheese the shit out of you.
CPTANT wrote:Why not just throw a single tank bomb down the disposals?
Last time someone did that on a containment pen full of xenos they all escaped.

Steelpoint wrote:The only reason I don't send the entire Security team down to RnD to kill any Aliens as soon as I get a whiff of it is due to the combination of the RnD department likely revolting over the attempt and that if we've gotten to the point where we're breeding Aliens then the round has gone on too long.

Whoever added Alien Organs having a positive impact on Humans really should have realised that there's no drawback to just breeding Aliens and killing them for the organs. Hell just let them breed, lower the shields and unload with your lasers and other weapons.
I've gotten a xeno in the pen by 15 minutes with a hugger from mining

lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #122921

Make incendiary nade.
Throw down disposals.
Watch every xeno in the pen die with zero hope of survival.

Even if they melt the outlet, the nade still goes in and kills them all, and there is nothing they can do about it.
Unless they wall off like half the pen,which they usually don't.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #122923

lumipharon wrote:Make incendiary nade.
Throw down disposals.

Even if they melt the outlet, the nade still goes in and kills them all, and there is nothing they can do about it.
Incendiary Nade is what a napalm grenade?

CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #122925

Bombadil wrote:
Throw down disposals.

You can also just make a single tank bomb with 100% room temperature plasma and burn them all?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #122927

CPTANT wrote:
Bombadil wrote:
Throw down disposals.

You can also just make a single tank bomb with 100% room temperature plasma and burn them all?

Single tank bomb?

CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #122928

Single tank bomb

Also known as plasma tank assemblies. Less powerful than transfer valve bombs, but they still fit in backpacks. You'll have to discover suitable gas mixtures yourself.

You will need:

A plasma tank
An igniter
A timer OR proximity sensor OR remote signaller
A screwdriver
A welder

To build:

Fill the plasma tank with a gas mixture of your choice.
Use a screwdriver on the igniter.
Combine the igniter with the timer, proximity sensor or remote signaller.
Secure the assembly with the screwdriver.
Attach the assembly to the plasma tank.
Weld a hole in the tank.
Can't blame you for not knowing, for some reason nobody ever bothered to put the description onto the current wiki.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #122931

Xenos are antagonistic dead not owed anything really and since antags like setting them free we can harvest their organs then have traitors break them out for space PETA RP.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #122934

Incomptinence wrote:Xenos are antagonistic dead not owed anything really and since antags like setting them free we can harvest their organs then have traitors break them out for space PETA RP.
I mean i understand how people get pissed they get denied being an antag but I want sweet sweet Organs

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #122954

It's not that people get pissed that they die, it's that people literally become farm animals and can't fight back against Xrays through the walls. It's super shit.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #122957

The same can be done to human slimes. It is xenobiology being spawned in there does not guarantee you a good time or a fair duel (LIKE ANYTHING IN THE CREW CAN FACE XENOS ON FAIR FOOTING INSTEAD OF IT BEING A ONE SIDED MASSACRE EITHER WAY). It is the farm and you ARE the animal.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #122989

Except no, working with slimes to get extra output for your cores does not actually result in the death of said slime. Just feed him a few monkies, reproduce, badda boom you got three adult slimes in a very short timespan while the player slime is probably happy to just be able to eat.

For Xenos, you're locked in a cage, you get shot a whole bunch, then you're dead again, time well spent.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #122995

I have had to kill a player slime in my cells before because they were eating other slimes and breeding infinitely making an endless stream of hungry slimes waiting to pounce on anyone else who walked into the room.

Changelings are also mistreated in xenobiology being kept for use as a potentially infinite food source dying repeatedly. It is not a nice place to be nonhuman you are owed nothing and you can't have a fair fight as a xeno anyway the balance is so swingy. Either they savagely kill you with a hard counter as seen here or the entire station gets consumed.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #123156

you're a ghost, that gets put into a xeno body by your own choice.
If you'd rather stay a ghost then a farm animal, you can just ghost again or toggle off xeno.

Or stay and hope that you can escape somehow, which is fairly likely all thigns considered.