Drone tweaks

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Drone tweaks

Post by Xhuis » #123539

Report your experiences with the new drone examine texts and picking up drones here. Also, give me your experiences with #FREE hacked drones.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Re: Drone tweaks

Post by Zilenan91 » #123782

nobody really builds these often enough for them to be common, and getting the ones from the derelict to the station is a pain in the ass since you'll probably just get killed in 0.9 seconds anyways. Them being able to escape while the dude holding them is moving is fucking fantastic though holy shit, it was so annoying for people to pick you up and space you while you could do nothing.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #123815

>you can't easily pick up and space drones anymore
god DAMMIT that's terrible
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #123860

As common drone player (it's actually super easy to get the one from below gravgen/above medbay to the station with a satchel and if you're lucky a box full of tools) giving me time before some shitheel picks me up and wears me as a hat for 12 minutes because HAHAHA WHAT A FUNNY JOKE is the best change anyone has ever made to anything I'm pretty sure.
DeutscherMajor
Byond Username: DeutscherMajor

Post by DeutscherMajor » #124083

newfren wrote:As common drone player (it's actually super easy to get the one from below gravgen/above medbay to the station with a satchel and if you're lucky a box full of tools) giving me time before some shitheel picks me up and wears me as a hat for 12 minutes because HAHAHA WHAT A FUNNY JOKE is the best change anyone has ever made to anything I'm pretty sure.
Someone doing RD? Go to robo and print 200 drone shells.
No RD? Go to cryo, get both boards, deconstruct them, print 3 crybords, deconstruct one, rebuild cryo, print 200 drone shells.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #124093

DeutscherMajor wrote:
newfren wrote:As common drone player (it's actually super easy to get the one from below gravgen/above medbay to the station with a satchel and if you're lucky a box full of tools) giving me time before some shitheel picks me up and wears me as a hat for 12 minutes because HAHAHA WHAT A FUNNY JOKE is the best change anyone has ever made to anything I'm pretty sure.
No RD? Go to cryo, get both boards, deconstruct them, print 3 crybords, deconstruct one, rebuild cryo, print 200 drone shells.
The problem is, most people can't be bothered even if there are tons of materials for drone shells. There are so many times that Robotics will be pumping out Durands en masse without making a single drone shell.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
DeutscherMajor

Post by DeutscherMajor » #124097

Xhuis wrote:
DeutscherMajor wrote:
The problem is, most people can't be bothered even if there are tons of materials for drone shells. There are so many times that Robotics will be pumping out Durands en masse without making a single drone shell.
Drones can use exosuit frabricators...
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #124106

DeutscherMajor wrote:
Xhuis wrote:
DeutscherMajor wrote:
How can a drone use the exofabber if there are no drone shells to make the initial drone though? Plus, most are too busy fucking around or spamming the gavel like me to make more.
DeutscherMajor

Post by DeutscherMajor » #124143

Xhuis wrote:
DeutscherMajor wrote:
Xhuis wrote:
DeutscherMajor wrote:
How can a drone use the exofabber if there are no drone shells to make the initial drone though? Plus, most are too busy fucking around or spamming the gavel like me to make more.
Ah, sorry i misunderstood you. There isnt an easy way to combat that problem, because before you place drone shells on the station proper, you would have to fix the ability to early join as drone...
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #124250

DeutscherMajor wrote:
Xhuis wrote:
DeutscherMajor wrote:
Xhuis wrote:
DeutscherMajor wrote:
Ah, sorry i misunderstood you. There isnt an easy way to combat that problem, because before you place drone shells on the station proper, you would have to fix the ability to early join as drone...
There are drones on the derelict
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Absalom
Byond Username: Absalom526

Post by Absalom » #124258

>not just using the derelict teleporter

you can be on station almost before the round even begins if you're quick enough.
DeutscherMajor

Post by DeutscherMajor » #124291

Absalom wrote:>not just using the derelict teleporter

you can be on station almost before the round even begins if you're quick enough.
I know, but this added buffer prohibits you from starting the sing before the round even begins.