To Stun Or Not To Stun: The Final Solution Edition

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

Your Opinion On The Matter?

I Prefer Stun Centric Combat
45%
I Dislike Stun Centric Combat
45%
Other
6%
Abstain
4%

Total votes: 51

1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Re: To Stun Or Not To Stun: The Final Solution Edition

Post by 1g88a » #132047

Bottom post of the previous page:

Incomptinence wrote: a stiff breeze defeats emasculated security while admins hold them down for you.
Mmmmm

Personally I'm of the opinion that the truth is in the middle, which I realize isn't a very helpful.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #132051

lumipharon wrote:Spears are so fucking robust when thrown.
And with the way throw mechanics work, it's way harder to dodge thrown shit then projectiles.
AND embedding creates nasty DOT, with more damage if you remove it yourself, and can't be removed by anyone else without surgery (which is pretty dumb).
If I added other people pulling out your embedded objects, it'd do the exact same damage as if you did it yourself.
The reason I didn't do that initially is so people can't rip out your embedded objects to FORCE that extra damage on you.
If someone else wants to remove your embedded objects, like a doctor, they can just do the surgery.
私は完璧
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #132056

Does leaving an embedded object result in less bloodloss than if you ripped it out? If you're going to go the surgery route then stay true to the mentality of why embedded objects are left in a patient until surgery, which is to prevent further damage and blood loss as the object is plugging the hole it made while in the patient.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #132061

The surprisingly even nature of this poll actually explains a lot to me about the server dynamics.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #132112

DrPillzRedux wrote:Does leaving an embedded object result in less bloodloss than if you ripped it out? If you're going to go the surgery route then stay true to the mentality of why embedded objects are left in a patient until surgery, which is to prevent further damage and blood loss as the object is plugging the hole it made while in the patient.
No, leaving embedded objects in makes you bleed more for some arcane reason, so rip that shit out.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
adrix89
Byond Username: Adrix89

Post by adrix89 » #132659

Stun combat is basically unavoidable but I wish there was more viable alternatives that works in parallel with stun.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #132662

adrix89 wrote:Stun combat is basically unavoidable but I wish there was more viable alternatives that works in parallel with stun.
Exactly the reason why I want to buff the lethals that are currently not very strong like the laser gun.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.