Fix multiverse sword or keep it out

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Fix multiverse sword or keep it out

Post by DrPillzRedux » #134400

It always ends with you spawning a copy of yourself and they instantly murder you for no reason. They really, really need a teamhud. Honestly it should really be made so that you cannot attack your master/other clones of your master at all.

There should also be a way to opt out of it. As it is now the game forces you into it even if you just want to stay dead.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: Fix multiverse sword or keep it out

Post by imblyings » #134402

there's a tab with a game preference verb that you can use to turn off wiz preferences, which is what multiverse uses to check when searching for clones
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #134403

having to manually turn off a pref every round where multicuck swords get used, then manually turn it back on after, is really shit.
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #134405

With the new preference system we could make a multiverse pref
Antag huds is more difficult than you might think, but still theoretically possible
Players can and will create their own fun.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #134407

It's a retarded system because you share a name but nothing else - your characters all still look utterly different.
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #134417

They really should be an admin event or very, very rare roundtype of their own. Multiverse swords basically turn the station into a giant melee. It's basically the shuttle at centcom but during the round.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #134418

Multiverse Swords need to either make antag huds, or make everyone have the same clothing, because I've been murdered by my own clone I just spawned too many times to count.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #134446

ive never been murdered by my own clone

one time i had like 12 of me in a pod with another guy with 12 of him, it was fun.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #134476

I think people are using the 'I didn't see' excuse just to grief because I've never been killed by my clones except once when it first came out. By now people should know to check [although I'm not seeing why we're hesitant on giving them a more obvious indicator].

Can we at least make the people look the same, just in different clothes? That would make it a lot easier to differentiate between who is on your side and who isn't without a need for huds [plus it just makes sense for them to all look the same, they're clones!]
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #134479

DrPillzRedux wrote:It always ends with you spawning a copy of yourself and they instantly murder you for no reason. They really, really need a teamhud.
I dont think the people who immediately kill their summoner are confused so much as upset about the sword and griefing. You see the same thing with zombies teamkilling on purpose, new aliens hunting down the xenobiologists who let them out, or more rarely with team antag conversions flipping out (but you're more likely to get banned doing that).

HUD would be great but I frankly dont know how to code it.
rdght91 wrote:or very, very rare roundtype of their own.
It basically is a rare roundtype of its own since it costs nearly your entire spellbook to trigger it.
lumipharon wrote:having to manually turn off a pref every round where multicuck swords get used, then manually turn it back on after, is really shit.
Adding the word "manually" does not actually make the ~6 mouseclicks you're describing a herculean effort.
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #134487

It's tedious as fuck tho, and you don't have an excuse not to add a pref any more
Players can and will create their own fun.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #134490

Bing~

Would you like to join the round as Grife Mc Chucklefuck's miltiverse clone?

Yes No Never for this Round

Easy.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #134495

Literally all it needs is an antag HUD. That's it. It's good fun otherwise, but it's really hard to identify who's who if they're moving fast and everyone's wearing one of a set series of outfits.

The alternative to antag HUD? All clones of a certain subtype wear the same outfit.

And that's all you need to do to fix it!
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #134657

Kor wrote:
lumipharon wrote:having to manually turn off a pref every round where multicuck swords get used, then manually turn it back on after, is really shit.
Adding the word "manually" does not actually make the ~6 mouseclicks you're describing a herculean effort.
I never said it was some sort of massive chore, but that doesn't change the fact that it's extremely dumb.
Why should I have to fiddle with my prefs over 2 rounds because one meme item that shouldn't exist doesn't come with a 'fuck off I don't want to play highlander' button, instead of forcing you into a new body every time you suicide?
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #134667

I find it really fun
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #134963

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:I think people are using the 'I didn't see' excuse just to grief because I've never been killed by my clones except once when it first came out. By now people should know to check [although I'm not seeing why we're hesitant on giving them a more obvious indicator].

Can we at least make the people look the same, just in different clothes? That would make it a lot easier to differentiate between who is on your side and who isn't without a need for huds [plus it just makes sense for them to all look the same, they're clones!]
Once the melee starts though you don't often have time to check if they look like they're running at you or you bump into someone around a corner. That particular round where I ended up in a fight with my own fellow copies, a DNA changing virus was released so it was even more confusing.

Don't get me wrong, it's incredibly fun though.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #135000

duncathan wrote:and you don't have an excuse not to add a pref any more
Please I always have more excuses

Such as the fact that I have no idea how to add a new pref that defaults to on.

And, yes, it would have to default to on. Imagine if rev (or any other conversion mode) was released today, but you couldnt flash anyone unless they had their pref set to on. It just wouldn't work.

Having an opt out for a conversion mode at all is new. In fact you get banned for "opting out" of most modes via suicide can get you banned.

If someone can help me do that though I will.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #135002

Getting selected for multiverse means you have to be dead anyway. It's not like you can resist the conversion and report them to Sec.