Slaughter demons' instakill isn't very fun

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Slaughter demons' instakill isn't very fun

Post by Amnestik » #149105

I'm not suggesting you get turned into some sort of slaughter demon underling or a slaughter demon themselves, but a non-lethal punishment for getting dragged into blood would be preferable to an instagib. Far more interesting too.

They've been nerfed to be slow, but they hit pretty hard so it only takes one blow for them to be moving at the same speed as you.

Some sort of (randomised, if possible) hellscape on the Centcom z-level that the player has to escape from might be an idea. Or something more fun and interesting that's consistent with their demonic theme. They drag you into a pool of blood, taking you God knows where. That's an opportunity for a scary adventure away from the station, that might leave you changed permanently when you return.
Last edited by Amnestik on Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: Slaughter demons' instakill isn't very fun

Post by Shaps-cloud » #149110

I thought this was gonna be IDPN, but getting literally dragged to hell and having to fight your way back would actually pretty freaking cool

I dunno if it's actually plausible to make or not though
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #149113

All you'd have to do is make a walled off section on the centcom z-level and have blood dragged people teleported there to a random spot, possibly with hostile mobs and a randomly generated door out. The demon could choose to come hunt you in his realm or ignore you.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #149124

Shaps wrote:I thought this was gonna be IDPN, but getting literally dragged to hell and having to fight your way back would actually pretty freaking cool

I dunno if it's actually plausible to make or not though
It is IDPN. It's balance feedback.
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #149131

IDPN is when you call to remove their kill entirely
Good feedback is going "hey, why don't we do this instead? it sounds more fun to me"
Players can and will create their own fun.
Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #149134

oh ok