Grudgecoding General

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Grudgecoding General

Post by ShadowDimentio » #165509

Welp since coderbus is hell bent on turning the game into a hugbox and making a new thread for every new thing they try to ruin just leads to three threads for the same thing I propose we just do it here so that we can all collectively tell them to fuck off.

Opening topic, flashbangs being nerfed: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/16451
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Grudgecoding General

Post by DemonFiren » #165534

ITT: Feedback that the prominent names of coderbus will make extra-sure to ignore at every opportunity.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #165549

>blaming "coderbus" for a random person opening an (unmerged) PR

Okay
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #165556

Kor wrote:>blaming "coderbus" for a random person opening an (unmerged) PR

Okay
It's not only that PR, shit is getting virtually only nerfed for months now. Everything that is even slightly seen as "easy" or "OP" is getting nerfed. But the game is suffering as a result, because the amount of viable ways to do something only gets reduced more and more.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #165567

CPTANT wrote:

Okay
It's not only that PR, shit is getting virtually only nerfed for months now. Everything that is even slightly seen as "easy" or "OP" is getting nerfed. But the game is suffering as a result, because the amount of viable ways to do something only gets reduced more and more.
But that's all supported by players isn't it? Such as removing secborg.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #165582

how salty can you be
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #165594

There are a lot of good coders in "coderbus" if you want to complain complain about individuals not the whole.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #165595

No names have been mentioned, the guilty parties know who they are.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #165597

shadow, why don't you join
#coderbus
on irc.rizon.net

and ask to learn how to code

we'll teach you how

I'll teach you how to revert goofchem if you wanted

you just gotta be willing to LEARN
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #165600

I don't do it for free
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #165603

ShadowDimentio wrote:I don't do it for free
So you don't want to take the initiative and learn to change the game directly instead of making forum threads over and over again, hoping it accomplishes something?
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #165606

Well in a perfect world coders would listen to what other people say, non-coder or otherwise

But we both know that won't happen.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #165619

CPTANT wrote:

Okay
Ironic sentiment coming from the guy who just (nerfed?) tasers, causing a big uproar.
Scott wrote:
CPTANT wrote:

Okay
But that's all supported by players isn't it? Such as removing secborg.
Yep. Scott gets it. The nerfs are very player driven. There is an absolutely relentless tide of "nerf this" for every change.

It took me a couple days to code stands. It took me something like 4-6 months of arguing to keep them in the game. I spend way more time arguing over changes than making them. It's honestly fucking exhausting. It's a massive time sink. There is no filter or distance between the coders and the players. Startoad still regularly tries to start long arguments with me about armour, for example. It's been 8 months of that.

The people who like something will say it's cool in OOC or deadchat and use it in the game. They might defend it a couple times on the forums or github. The people who hate something will open pull after pull, post on the forums, pick fights with the coder whenever they see them in deadchat, etc. When they die they'll first adminhelp trying to get the other guy banned, or failing that, go angrily demand the thing that killed them be removed.

>but kor I hate stands those are actually overpowered/dont fit etc

Great, the point is even more relevant to you. You dislike something. You want it removed or diminished. For every single feature in the game there is at least a few players who want it removed or diminished past usefulness.
ShadowDimentio wrote:Well in a perfect world coders would listen to what other people say, non-coder or otherwise

But we both know that won't happen.
As Scott just pointed out, the sec borg removal had a large amount of player support. Had a lot of people mad about it as well.

"I wish coders would listen to feedback" usually means, in reality, "I wish coders always agreed with me over everyone else."

I'm not saying coders are perfect at taking feedback, but taking feedback isn't as simple as "just do what the players (which players?) say"
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #165623

Now the tasers were a nerf again? Half the people were shouting it was a buff :roll:

But anyway, I think a large part of the issue is the lack of a design framework or design philosophy. Nobody knows what tg code is supposed to stand for and there are never any medium to long term plans determined.

There is never a structural thinking about any issue or state of balance. Nobody ever thinks of wider balance plans or they don't have the power to implement them, everything is done by single changes that all need to have support individually.

Sometimes changes have to be part of a wider selection of changes to make sense.

If we take the stands as an example: I think they were more powerful than anything traitors had. You can shout OP, NERF at it, but if its part of realising traitors are currently too weak (which they are) then it makes sense, perhaps along with buffing other stuff.

If you consider the taser changes a nerf, then perhaps it would make sense if securities other weapons (such as the laser) got improved.

But nobody ever gives a shit about setting things into a wider perspective.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #165626

Secborgs are a very timely example, but the (SLIGHT) majority of players actually didn't want secborgs removed.

The problem with that change wasn't "THE CODERS AREN'T AGREEING WITH ME" it's "THE CODER THAT PUSHED THIS CHANGE IS JUST DOING WHAT HE WANTS".

What should have happened with Secborgs is there have been an actual back and forth between the players and HG, ending with (ideally) a compromise with both sides leaving somewhat happy. What we got was no discussion besides the two sides futilely yelling at each other while HG continued doing what he wanted regardless, and half left very happy and the other half got jack shit.

Is this wrong to ask for?
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #165627

HG isn't even part of what is officially #coderbus though.

Nor is he really super active as a "contributor" these days. He's had 2 pulls merged this year (buffing the supermatter singulo and renaming a door), and 10 closed/rejected.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #165631

Maybe let's stop being such complete pricks to each other? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #165635

Or we can actually determine what tg station code is supposed to be as a design philosophy so we can actually test changes to that philosophy.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #165677

>nerf isn't even that hard except maybe against nuke ops since their hardsuits have flash protection
>flashbangs have been needing a nerf for ages
>"N-NO YOU CANT NERF S-SEC WHAT THE HECK"

>kevinz000, robustin, steelpoint, dawgas all thumbs downed (kek)
>forum thread made out of pure salt arises
>people won't even try to listen to reasons for the nerf
>only person that actually has good arguments against the flashbang nerf is lumi, who has since been argued against and stopped posting
>everybody else is just blaming "coderbus" like it's a singular unit
>claiming that "LE CODERBUS BOOGEYMAN IS ON NERF MODE, GET HIM OFF OF IT!"

ImageImage
funniest shit i've seen in a while
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #165687

I stopped posting because if your opinion hasn't changed by this point then there's no point in wasting any more time.

But yeah, the crux of my argument was:

Flash protection = easy to get and wide spread
Sound protection = not uncommon, but requires actual foresight to get if you're expecting flashbangs

Therefore if the sound part no longer stuns than flashbangs become exceedingly impractical againt anyone who is even minorly equiped, where as the real issue with flashbangs is how flashbang protection is either 100% protection or nothing, which is dumb.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #165692

lumipharon wrote:I stopped posting because if your opinion hasn't changed by this point then there's no point in wasting any more time.

But yeah, the crux of my argument was:

Flash protection = easy to get and wide spread
Sound protection = not uncommon, but requires actual foresight to get if you're expecting flashbangs

Therefore if the sound part no longer stuns than flashbangs become exceedingly impractical againt anyone who is even minorly equiped, where as the real issue with flashbangs is how flashbang protection is either 100% protection or nothing, which is dumb.
people who get flash protection:
1. bartender, QM, sec, and heads of staff who start with sunglasses
2. cargo/engineers IF they decide to take a welding helmet/a hardsuit
3. roboticists, a scientist or two (or more if they decide to print welding masks/welding augments)
4. a handful of people with maint access should they choose to pick up sunglasses/a welding mask (very rarely more than about 2 people)

conclusion: flash protection is easy enough to get that if you went out of your way you could probably get your hands on it, but scarce enough that not everybody will get it (or even be able to get it)

people who get ear protection:
1. sec/some heads
2. the guy who manages to get into science to steal the earmuffs (only one of which exists, and it makes you completely deaf and disables your radio)

conclusion: basically only sec/some heads have ear protection, and the earmuffs are so specific (and awful to wear), that if you wear any kind of ear protection you're gonna get lynched

if you are fighting a traitor or whatever, there are good odds that they will not have eye protection. if they do, good on them, they are well equipped. if you are fighting a group of people (cult/gang/rev), there are good odds that at least a few have flash protection, but definitely not all of them (therefore you can throw a bang then tase the stragglers)

i think it is a fair nerf since it orients flashbangs to be more useful against crowds while still being useful against the single person who didn't get flash protection (more likely than you'd think).
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #165694

Have you considered that some things don't have to have counters
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #165696

I mean this is coming from the guy who likes secborgs
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #165700

Zilenan91 wrote:I mean this is coming from the guy who likes secborgs
HOLY FUCK SAVAGE
Spoiler:
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #165702

I stopped taking anything shadowdimentio posts seriously since his headmin thread. He literally splerges out in every thread he's in, and cries about everything. Like, the dude lives to be triggered. It's hilarious
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #165706

PKPenguin321 wrote: people who get flash protection:
1. bartender, QM, sec, and heads of staff who start with sunglasses
2. cargo/engineers IF they decide to take a welding helmet/a hardsuit
3. roboticists, a scientist or two (or more if they decide to print welding masks/welding augments)
4. a handful of people with maint access should they choose to pick up sunglasses/a welding mask (very rarely more than about 2 people)

conclusion: flash protection is easy enough to get that if you went out of your way you could probably get your hands on it, but scarce enough that not everybody will get it (or even be able to get it)

people who get ear protection:
1. sec/some heads
2. the guy who manages to get into science to steal the earmuffs (only one of which exists, and it makes you completely deaf and disables your radio)

conclusion: basically only sec/some heads have ear protection, and the earmuffs are so specific (and awful to wear), that if you wear any kind of ear protection you're gonna get lynched

if you are fighting a traitor or whatever, there are good odds that they will not have eye protection. if they do, good on them, they are well equipped. if you are fighting a group of people (cult/gang/rev), there are good odds that at least a few have flash protection, but definitely not all of them (therefore you can throw a bang then tase the stragglers)

i think it is a fair nerf since it orients flashbangs to be more useful against crowds while still being useful against the single person who didn't get flash protection (more likely than you'd think).
People who get flash protection:
QM, HoP, Captain, Detective, Bartender, Lawyer, all of sec, CE, whoever has the 2 engineering hardsuits, the 1 atmos hardsuit, however many mining hardsuits there are, the sec hardsuits, the med hardsuits (depending on map/space exploration), the RD hardsuit, anyone with a welding mask (engineering and atmos has some, robo has some, roboticists have them, science has them, cargo can order them), anyone who gets a welding gas mask from science, and lastly, people who find sunglasses/welding mask in maint.

People who have ear protection:
Captain, detective, Sec, earmuffs in science or engineering (both readily accessible from maint), and also the brig. Probably also cargo but I haven't checked closely.

Also the arrivals checkpoint has both flash and sound protection. And who has even been lynched for wearing earmuffs, ever?

The point is having full flashbang immunity is mildly difficult to get, which is FINE because flashbangs have plenty of other counters (ie: run away, shoot the nerd trying to cook the nade, close the door, set the nerd on fire etc).
Hard countering it SHOULD be harder than getting a pair of sunglasses.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #165709

NikNakFlak wrote:I stopped taking anything shadowdimentio posts seriously since his headmin thread. He literally splerges out in every thread he's in, and cries about everything. Like, the dude lives to be triggered. It's hilarious
I'm offended by this
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #165713

Okay
No one has any fucking clue about what may or may not be merged at this point to be fair. It seems arbitrary because it probably is. Even if it isn't some explanation would be nice. Or maybe even designy guideliney stuff I don't fucking know.

I'm just mad they took my grab away
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #165718

You couldn't balance two 50 gram weights on scale, never mind understanding game content based on gameplay rather than players.

Either the player changes, or the content changes. It seems quite often that those that're highly opposed to reworks and changes are those that can't/don't want to learn new game mechanics, abuse those mechanics, and are the cause for the changes in the first place.

This isn't tgstation death match and nor is it tgstation Sybil. This is tgstation code for both servers and for everyone's play styles.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #165720

Well if you're in the game of trying to appease everyone (good fucking luck with that by the way) then you should expect people to push back when the gameplay "balances" start fucking with stuff they like.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #165723

I'm not concerned with appeasing everyone. That's impossible, but it's possibly to eliminate problem content to combat problem players.

Every department I play and have played has been nerfed directly not because of me, but by others.

It's a case of get good or change jobs; nothing stops you from playing something else but yourself.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #165727

Why nerf the entire game to spite the actions of a few players

This attitude of nerfing the latest meta isn't helping anything
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #165729

Could ban them instead.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #165730

Banning the mean mean player that dunked you is even worse
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #165731

All I did was thumbs down a PR I disliked. I ain't getting involved in shitfest #12542 because I've had enough with that.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #165770

I am sure you see the irony in that statement.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #165811

Honestly theres been loads of obvious grudgecoding but this doesn't look too bad.

Just make it so having no ear protection deafens and confuses you while no eye protection blinds and stuns. Boom, both do things.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #165955

I wish the playerbase had some way to veto PRs. Like, if 2/3 or 3/4 of the playerbase is against a PR it automatically gets closed.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #165989

PR comments and feedback threads are so important to coders. The feedback I got on the ghost hair PR helped me improve it by a ton and add a special preference for people who wish to only see anonymous white ghosts, without even the premium sprites. I didn't even know there was demand for that.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #165996

I actually wouldn't mind seeing flashbangs nerfed slightly.

If the target isn't correctly geared then it's a GGNORE button if you like, have a hands and a quarter of a brain, as evidenced by a single officer spam flashbanging 16 people perfectly while killing the dominator for a period of roughly 70 seconds.

Maybe randomize the detonation time a little bit.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #166000

It should stun you even if you have hearing protection, but for much less of a time. This incentivises Officers to hide behind walls (etc) to benefit from the extra few seconds of flashbang-stun.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #166015

It violently overrates the power of a flashbang. Unless you cook it just right, there's going to be time for the perp to run away from it if you throw it. But if you hold it and run at them ALLHU ACKBAR style then you get hit with a hard stun from it too. It leads to a very well balanced risk/reward situation.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #166016

Except your team mates are all entirely immune even if you let it go off in your hand. Not much risk there.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #166019

Making it stun the officers too would result in it never being used, ever.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #166020

Flashbangs are only really useful in a enclosed space, outside of that its very easy for a perp to run out of the detonation radius.

I don't personally see any issues with flashbang balance, though I do have a security bias in that regard, since most antagonists are either immune or have access to counters to flashbangs/or they have access to equally powerful items and weapons that, while not countering the flashbangs, are very powerful in their own rights.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #166029

Just make flashbangs stumble people with eye protection but no ear protection, and stun people with no protection.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #166046

ShadowDimentio wrote:It violently overrates the power of a flashbang. Unless you cook it just right...

When you cook the flashbang just right...
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #166098

PKPenguin321 wrote:
HOLY FUCK SAVAGE
The above post is racist and you should feel shame.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #166103

TheNightingale wrote:When you cook the flashbang just right...
I laughed
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz