Peacekeeper Borgs

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Peacekeeper Borgs

Post by PKPenguin321 » #178189

Bottom post of the previous page:

Incomptinence wrote:Ugh not this catch 22 shit.

OH I SAW THE BORG FAIL TO STOP SEC KILLING REMOVE IT!
THE BORG TRIED TO STOP ME KILLING AS AN OFFICER REMOVE IT!
both of those arguments come from different perspectives, not the same person. saying that they do is (say it with me) s t r a w m a n
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #178204

but when both arguments come from two different perspectives, it's hard to say they're conflicting in the same way that they would be if they were from the same person. their perspectives are both different, they just happen to arrive at the same conclusion, that being that the borg was at fault.
Spoiler:
Sidon
Byond Username: Sidon

Post by Sidon » #178269

The biggest critic of the PK borgs has PK in his name it's a conspiracy
yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #178284

Here`s the problem with PK borgs.

It`s sec borg 2.0.
It`s too weak
If it get too strong, then we`re back with the sec borg problem
Sec doesn`t like getting cockblocked
The public don`t like borgs turning a blind eye on them.
Antags REALLY hate silicons
Silicons don`t like being a NEUTRAL THRID PARTY GOD DAMN IT HOW HARD IS IT TO DO THAT

GOD DAMN PEOPLE JUST STOP BEING COMPLETE SHITS.
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #178304

I actually didn't have a problem with PK borgs as an antag myself. There were 6 of them that round too. They really can't do much except cry about harm.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #178342

Their main area of expertise is disruption. They distract and hinder, but they can't do a whole lot if somebody comes at them determined to kill them. The "they're too weak" criticisms are the most valid in my opinion. The "secborg 2.0 REEEEE" doomsday scenarios have not materialized once during testing to my knowledge.

@yackemflam: Silicon policy has huge issues that won't be fixed or worsened by adding this. I agree that it's a major problem at this point.
dionysus24779
Byond Username: Dionysus24779

Post by dionysus24779 » #178619

In my second round of being a Peacekeeper I saw an antag drag someone who was in crit into maintenance while continuing to hit him, I rolled after him, managed to snatched the body away and escaped, when the antag gave chase I shot him with a bola and dragged the critted person into medbay.

Which lead to someone instantly being very salty about PK borgs in OOC and how they should be removed...

This is kind of the level of irrationality we sometimes have, when being able to pull something is already too much...
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #178709

>someone got mad that their round was ended by something they had literally zero hope of ever overcoming or defeating

Jee I wonder why they don't like these things. Clearly the antag is a salty baby who doesn't know nuffin.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #178710

Zilenan91 wrote:they had literally zero hope of ever overcoming or defeating
Gee, and here I was thinking antags had access to gear capable of easily flooring robots and people alike.
私は完璧
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #178711

So what you're saying is that antags are 100% required to hold the counter to borgs AT ALL TIMES because of the fact that one can zoom in and instantly fuck them if they don't have it

This is objectively terrible design, and also means that they don't have as much freedom to buy other things that they want to use.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #178713

No, I'm saying maybe they shouldn't burn all of their TC immediately praying that they won't be countered.
If they hold on to some TC and then they're cucked by a borg, they can cuck them right back.

You know, maybe do a little tiny bit of Strategy 101, instead of being "Hurr I like this item *spends 20TC on balloon*"
私は完璧
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #178716

Zilenan91 wrote:So what you're saying is that antags are 100% required to hold the counter to borgs AT ALL TIMES because of the fact that one can zoom in and instantly fuck them if they don't have it

This is objectively terrible design, and also means that they don't have as much freedom to buy other things that they want to use.
If you don't bother to use of of the many counters of silicons, you don't deserve greentext. Let's remove tasers, since not everybody buys adrenals! You are grasping at straws now.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #178717

>won't be countered

So you're saying that because borgs are the way they are, the game devolves into both sides instantly fucking each other with no in between, and that this is a good thing.

Hell, with regular humans, even sec officers, you can at least have some hope by hitting them with your esword. You can get lucky and maybe knock them down, or the damage slows them down enough that you can catch up and kill them. With borgs, you can't do this, it doesn't matter how many times you hit them because they'll be running away at the same speed forever, and with peacekeeper borgs, going faster than you due to bolas. So this means you have literally zero fucking chance of ever coming out on top in that engagement without playing into shitty hard counters. It's at this point why not just start Traitors with an EMP grenade because they're required to have them if they don't want their round to instantly end.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #178718

Zilenan91 wrote:>won't be countered

So you're saying that because borgs are the way they are, the game devolves into both sides instantly fucking each other with no in between, and that this is a good thing.

Hell, with regular humans, even sec officers, you can at least have some hope by hitting them with your esword. You can get lucky and maybe knock them down, or the damage slows them down enough that you can catch up and kill them. With borgs, you can't do this, it doesn't matter how many times you hit them because they'll be running away at the same speed forever, and with peacekeeper borgs, going faster than you due to bolas. So this means you have literally zero fucking chance of ever coming out on top in that engagement without playing into shitty hard counters. It's at this point why not just start Traitors with an EMP grenade because they're required to have them if they don't want their round to instantly end.
Eye protection and a crowbar. RIP borgie
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #178719

Are you talking about flashbangs? Those require ear protection too. Also as far as I know EMPs don't unlock borg covers so you'll need robotics/all access to deconstruct it.

Also if I'm not wrong, EMPing a borg with an EMP grenade is only enough time to kill it if you're using a spear. Anything less and it will survive and continue running at full speed.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #178727

Zilenan91 wrote:>someone got mad that their round was ended by something they had literally zero hope of ever overcoming or defeating

Jee I wonder why they don't like these things. Clearly the antag is a salty baby who doesn't know nuffin.
An assistant could have done the exact same thing.
--Crocodillo

Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #178746

Literally anyone or anything could have run in and grabbed his victim and taken him to medbay.

A sentient corgi could pull it off. REMOVE CORGIS UNBALANCED I LOST PLS REMOVE
The Ultimate Chimera
Byond Username: The Ultimate Chimera

Post by The Ultimate Chimera » #178749

It seems they got removed, never got a chance to try it out. Meh...
Your sins are not to be forgiven. Pain and regrets are waiting for you.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #178752

The lesson here is blobernauts are obviously the only balanced mob because they can't pull.

Replace humans with blobernauts when?
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #178792

The Ultimate Chimera wrote:It seems they got removed, never got a chance to try it out. Meh...
It was just a test merge. Mekhi is working out some bugs.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #178804

I dont trust mekhi make goofball take watch
The future is horrible!
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #178809

Ezel wrote:I dont trust mekhi make goofball take watch
Get out
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #178869

I like PK borgs, I think they should have gotten a more thorough shake even if the hacked modules could have used some toning back. I still think it's more of a riot control borg than a secborg. Which is fine in my opinion, it filled a niche I didn't even know existed.

Also the salt from this thread is so real I can pour it on my chips.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #178875

Not sure how far along Mekhi is on those bugfixes, but once he's done it'll get another test merge, and then probably a final merge.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #178886

Luke Cox wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:So what you're saying is that antags are 100% required to hold the counter to borgs AT ALL TIMES because of the fact that one can zoom in and instantly fuck them if they don't have it

If you don't bother to use of of the many counters of silicons, you don't deserve greentext. Let's remove tasers, since not everybody buys adrenals! You are grasping at straws now.
Luke Cox wrote:If you don't bother to use of of the many counters of silicons,
Luke Cox wrote:If you don't bother to use of of the many counters of silicons,
Luke Cox wrote:many counters of silicons,
Luke Cox wrote:many counters of silicons
Luke Cox wrote:many counters of silicons
i want to die
Spoiler:
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #178903

there are many counters

also mekhi can you add a follow link to the "borgname has used peacekeeping harm alarm" text that pops up for the AI?

i'd like to jump there and mediate but it takes longer than i'd like sometimes thx
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #178904

Cik wrote:there are many counters

also mekhi can you add a follow link to the "borgname has used peacekeeping harm alarm" text that pops up for the AI?

i'd like to jump there and mediate but it takes longer than i'd like sometimes thx
Like????
Look I like the new Borg but even I think they don't got a huge amount of counters
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #178906

Just kill it? I mean a revolver can lay waste to both borgs and assassination targets same for many traitorous murder weapons? Leaving what the poison kit and the ebow as ineffective? Swapping for the emp kit wrecking them and maybe making them your bitch slave with the emag if you can stun them? Like oh big whoop I can't even remember seeing the ebow used since it was nerfed honestly the occasional brain dead officer who tries to tase stun proof enemies of any sort in the face then cries has more of a grievance.

Since this will just degenerate into TERRAIN MY ONE WEAKNESS since penguin never seems able to cope with going around or through a bolted door and constantly thinks the sec team is arranging *snort* extremely professional coordinated raids on his precise location constantly, I honestly chide myself to replying to his bad faith low grade posts at all.
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #178910

add a cooldown for the dumb cookie thing please
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #178922

Kill me
Spoiler:
The Ultimate Chimera
Byond Username: The Ultimate Chimera

Post by The Ultimate Chimera » #178941

Cute and stuff, wew.
Your sins are not to be forgiven. Pain and regrets are waiting for you.
Pilgrim
Byond Username: Suspilgrim

Post by Pilgrim » #178952

DELET THIS
First: do no harm.
Cik

Post by Cik » #178963

Armhulen wrote:
Cik wrote:there are many counters

Like????
Look I like the new Borg but even I think they don't got a huge amount of counters
ask it to follow you

flash it, beat it to death with a crowbar

flash + subvert with emag (and you get a free cyborg slave that's hard for everyone else to deal with)

tell it to go away

shoot it with a gun until it is dead (i mean, if it's coming down maint at you and you have a revolver it's pretty easy)

use any of the full-screen instant death weapons available to you such as:

EMP grenade: full screen+ battery-draining 10s+ stun

flashbang: full screen 10s+ stun

emp implant (literally invisible uncounterable full screen battery-draining stun)

emp screech ^

ion rifle: ranged battery-draining high damage multi-tile 10s+ stun

hit it with a high damage weapon a few times

use the robotics console and/or build one and instantly detonate it

depower everything so it can't open doors

laser pointer it

sabotage the power so it can't recharge

subvert it's lawset (free cyborg slave wee)

coderbus has been adding instant fuck you borg weapons for at this point probably over a fucking year now, and the ones that were in the game are so cheap it's A B S U R D an EMP implant which is a fullscreen+ instant INVISIBLE battery-draining multi-use stun is TWO TC

T W O T C JUST BUY ONE NEVER WORRY ABOUT BORGS AGAIN HOLY SHIT

i mean a weapon to deal with a fucking ASSISTANT is more expensive than that and it hard counters the assistant LESS. i mean at the same price you can get an energy dagger which can't fucking kill a human very fast at all, you have to be in melee range and you have to deal with them yaketying around the fucking place while your incredibly obvious pulsating murderboner is making it's incredibly obvious noise. anybody who says that borgs are uncounterable at this stage i can't even fucking comprehend
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #178965

Luke Cox wrote:Not sure how far along Mekhi is on those bugfixes, but once he's done it'll get another test merge, and then probably a final merge.
Soon as my keyboard arrives, kaythanks
DM doesn't seem to like on screen keyboards...
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #178967

kevinz000 wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:Not sure how far along Mekhi is on those bugfixes, but once he's done it'll get another test merge, and then probably a final merge.
Soon as my keyboard arrives, kaythanks
DM doesn't seem to like on screen keyboards...
Are you not aware that it was already merged
Spoiler:
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #178968

Cik wrote:hurr
you realize that it doesn't count as a separate item if you say "flash and do X" and "flash and do Y", right.
hitting a borg to death doesn't work since they can just move away at full speed unlike a human who will be slow and possibly knocked down.

you have to realize that EMPs were added to every antag over time because those who didn't get them like changelings were constantly getting their shit wrecked.
cyborgs needed hard counters because they didn't have any soft counters
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #178970

There have been times when lings were explicitly designed to only have a slight edge on an assistant big surprise they were hopeless against borgs.
Cik

Post by Cik » #178972

Cheridan wrote:
Cik wrote:hurr
you realize that it doesn't count as a separate item if you say "flash and do X" and "flash and do Y", right.
hitting a borg to death doesn't work since they can just move away at full speed unlike a human who will be slow and possibly knocked down.

you have to realize that EMPs were added to every antag over time because those who didn't get them like changelings were constantly getting their shit wrecked.
cyborgs needed hard counters because they didn't have any soft counters
unless you have a truly terrifying weapons humans are perfectly capable of running away. what does it take, like 3-4 hits with a fire extinguisher until someone is slowed significantly?

the things that can kill a human quickly can kill a cyborg quickly. really cheri, lethal combat with improvised weapons doesn't really happen so saying that humans are vulnerable to fire extinguishers without significant advantages like huge numbers, stuns, slips etc. cyborgs are no different, except cyborg stun times are significantly longer.

i don't even oppose cyborgs get slower when damaged i mean who cares really but it'd be another nerf in a long list of nerfs which has entirely failed to satisfy the sillicons overpowered no counters :^) crowd
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #178976

I specifically suggested borgs to get slowed down when damaged among other thing to act as companions to the more complex human damage model, nothing came of it.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #178977

dionysus24779 wrote:In my second round of being a Peacekeeper I saw an antag drag someone who was in crit into maintenance while continuing to hit him, I rolled after him, managed to snatched the body away and escaped, when the antag gave chase I shot him with a bola and dragged the critted person into medbay.

Which lead to someone instantly being very salty about PK borgs in OOC and how they should be removed...

This is kind of the level of irrationality we sometimes have, when being able to pull something is already too much...
Replace the PK borg in this scenario with a secborg and just imagine how monumentally rekt he'd have been.
Cik

Post by Cik » #178979

secborg is obligated by it's laws to tow the guy to medbay over arresting the killer anyway doe

potential for future harm < the oxydamage on the critted guy
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #178980

Yeah
it'd tase the guy instead of using bolas, but the end result of REEEEEEEEE BORGS over a borg doing something any greyshit could pull off would be unchanged - just with extra butthurt because of muh secborg boogeymans.
Cik

Post by Cik » #178981

pulling cucked me out of a kill

remove pulling

in fact tbh it'd better if my weapons instagibbed everyone aboard the station

remove everything else
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #178995

Everybody should spawn as quadriplegics. Hands can be used to hold items that can stun, and legs let them chase after people. If people can use potentially harmful items they'll just validhunt everyone.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #179082

The only complaint I can see as potentially valid is that the robo console can't be emagged as I recall.
Just make it emaggable to satisfy the traitor tots who can't spare 2TCs for a fuck-you item tbh.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #179275

Luke Cox wrote:Everybody should spawn as quadriplegics. Hands can be used to hold items that can stun, and legs let them chase after people. If people can use potentially harmful items they'll just validhunt everyone.
strawman overload

i just cant fathom how you can think this is a good argument
i cant even argue with you because it's like shouting at a retarded 2 year old, you're too dense to understand what i'm saying, nevermind reading what i've written in the first place

:x :revolver:
Spoiler:
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #179399

No, it's not already merged. Yes, I am working on it.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #179400

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:Everybody should spawn as quadriplegics. Hands can be used to hold items that can stun, and legs let them chase after people. If people can use potentially harmful items they'll just validhunt everyone.
strawman overload

i cant even argue with you because it's like shouting at a retarded 2 year old, you're too dense to understand what i'm saying, nevermind reading what i've written in the first place

He has a point this is the most retarded thing you've said in awhile, and I haven't even mentioned strawman
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #179533

PKPenguin321 wrote:
strawman overload

The point is that every mob in the game can valid people if they really try, and thus it's a policy issue.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #179551

I don't really care one way or another, I just really, really, really hate the sprite of these things, they look like Wall-E drawn by an elementary schooler
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #179559

?????
?????