Security Population & Competence

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Re: Security Population & Competence

Post by Ezel » #184309

Bottom post of the previous page:

Scott wrote:Test no Security for a week.
No greytide for a week
The future is horrible!
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #184310

Ezel wrote:
Scott wrote:Test no Security for a week.
No greytide for a week
more of a player thing than an actual physical thing.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #184313

I'm actually wondering if HG removing space law might've been a good thing.
Maybe space law is actually too restrictive as its written.

I mean one of the most annoying things that can happen is botanists throwing a fuck ton of bananas or tomatoes in a hallway making a huge slipping hazard.
Technically this is grand sabotage and is definitely deserving tossing in the magma but space law doesn't outright state this so the shittler is going to complain (but fuck him, throw him in the magma and go about your day) and other book thumpers are going to go "but space law says..." - thats why I started saying "I wrote space law" in character, because I was getting tired of mongoloids taking it as gospel.

Does security really need to faff about wasting a ton of time with timed sentences when a severe beating and throwing out back would suffice and get the job done quicker, hammer the point across better?
Does security really need to limit itself to ten minutes for first offender shitters? Why not just straight up execute them on the gulag?
Wyzack wrote:I also make a point of not holding people for no reason, especially as Warden.

If someone was set to arrest and they get tagged and brought in I will ask over the sec radio why they were set to arrest. I will do this a couple times. If no one can be fucked to respond to me then out the door they go, not worth wasting my time over
This is fine, so long as you pay attention to sec radio AT ALL TIMES - one of your duties as warden is to keep sec records up to date when officers radio in about a shittler that escaped.
I honestly think things were better in ye olde days before we had remote arrest status sec huds, back when we had to make a request over the radio for someone (the warden) to set someone to arrest, because at least then you'd hear the officer say who needed to be arrested and what their crime was.
Might not work these days considering the other day I told my sec team I was going to give them a tracking implant, then every single officer went "hurr duhh I'm already implanted" despite me restating several times I was giving them a tracker.... apparently glancing at red text radio messages is too fucking hard for most of the septics.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #184314

Wyzack wrote: If someone was set to arrest and they get tagged and brought in I will ask over the sec radio why they were set to arrest. I will do this a couple times. If no one can be fucked to respond to me then out the door they go, not worth wasting my time over

That's a big one for me as warden too. I usually announce over radio at the start of the round that if you arrest someone you need to radio to me what they did. Some officers want to brig the crook themselves, some want the warden to do it. I'm fine with either but you need to clearly state why you arrested the guy. If not I'm letting the guy go as long as he isn't toting a revolver or something like that.
--Crocodillo

onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #184330

Does security really need to limit itself to ten minutes for first offender shitters? Why not just straight up execute them on the gulag?
he playerbase has finally devolved into the h-u-g-box memetards
basically anything malkevin ever posts about security
No shit the crew doesn't treat you nicely.

"You're a bunch of retarded animals that need to be culled, why won't you respect me?"
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #184334

Kor wrote:

"You're a bunch of retarded animals that need to be culled, why won't you respect me?"
Can you honestly look at todays playerbase and not think of them as anything other than retarded animals?

Seriously, if we had poop in this codebase the hallways would be covered in shit constantly.

TG is the new goon station
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #184336

I realized I've never actually played on Basil before. Is the sec experience much different there?
--Crocodillo

paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #184338

>Make shitty grief lottery gamemodes
>every new gamemode added is another fucking bullshit thing that pushes the envelope for crap that sec has to look out for or die a short death because of all the horridly unbalanced bullshit added (!stands!, thanks kor)
>get bootyblasted the security playerbase is shrinking and turning more hostile on average

Now I'm not one to jerk off security furries but this is pretty unreasonable, it's very clear their autism is a result of their environment, even I can admit that much now.

It seems like none of you want security, just remove it, let people fight traitors with crowbars and department shit like it should be. Security isn't /tg/ culture anyway, if anything all it does is encourage antaghunting and make the game boring as fuck and a taserfest that needs to end in death or cuff+perma.

Perma is shit. Sec would behead traitors if given the chance. The only reason perma exists is so sec isn't butchering valids and has a more 'humane' way to take people out of the roudn with a tiny chance of escape (and if there is any chance of escape larger than that, it gets removed or metagamed constantly). Axe sec for the good of the sec players, the antag rollers, and the general crew. Gang might actually be fun, who knows. Also remember to remove rev from the rotation when you do this or it will be a nightmare. Sec players can probably find solace in antag hunting as an assistant or a head of staff.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #184343

Malkevin wrote:
Kor wrote:

Can you honestly look at todays playerbase and not think of them as anything other than retarded animals?

Seriously, if we had poop in this codebase the hallways would be covered in shit constantly.

TG is the new goon station
Those retarded animals also play sec.
Zellion
Byond Username: Zellion

Post by Zellion » #184346

Remove timed cells, sec now sends criminals aka grey tiders to medbay with broken legs. This will fix all the problems we experience I'm sure.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #184347

Zellion wrote:Remove timed cells, sec now sends criminals aka grey tiders to medbay with broken legs. This will fix all the problems we experience I'm sure.
Add splints
The future is horrible!
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #184350

Malkevin wrote:TG is the new goon station
>TG

>TG

yeah, it's a new goon thanks to people like you :cry:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #184355

Fuck off /pedant/
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #184370

>>>/digg/
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #184379

it literally is TGstation

we don't even use 4chan boards anymore, we have a fake image board and spend most of our time shitposting on the forums and adding fucking undertale references

this server and codebase are not /tg/ so just accept it
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #184393

paprika wrote:it literally is TGstation

we don't even use 4chan boards anymore, we have a fake image board and spend most of our time shitposting on the forums and adding fucking undertale references

this server and codebase are not /tg/ so just accept it
The name is still TGStation, If you're that fucking triggered change the god damn name then. You can't blame people for referring to the server by it's fucking name.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #184399

I want digg to leave
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #184406

No.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #184408

wake me up
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #184409

yeah i love all that sweet /tg/ content like stupid megaman villain clockwork robots or jojo's bizarre /a/dventure stands, as well as the hugbox digg mentality and administration that has maybe a handful of people who know what they're doing and the rest just want authority

you sure proved me wrong by posting a screenshot kor!
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #184416

Paprika complaining about hug box God please save me am I losing my mind?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #184419

Not enough horse pussy and kobold maids for paps.

LITERALLY A JOJOS QUEST THREAD ON THE FRONT PAGE

tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #184421

Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #184423

Tg has been doing Jojo threads every Sunday since forever
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #184425

I love this meme where none of my arguments have been refuted once again because memeing to look cool is way more important than addressing a serious issue with the codebase because it's easier to deal with later when everyone is 5000x more upset

Seriously though you can laugh at the notion that this server/codebase is "TG" all you want but the real fact is /vg/ and every single ss13 thread on /v/ and /tg/ thinks this server is a massive cucked hugbox for redditors, and you're not helping by going LE GO BACK TO digg HAHA LOOK HOW 'IN ON THE JOKE' I AM
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #184431

Definite +1 to adding cutebolds though
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #184467

Hey look, it's another thread brought wildly off topic by that faggot Oranges again
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #184485

Sorry I accidentally posted something more interesting than the original topic of this shit thread.

Turns out that giving you a good roasting is a lot more fun than discussing something only steelpoint,actionb you and J_madison give two literal flying fucks about.

Maybe you guys could meet up IRL, call yourselves the four cucks of securitypocalypse. I'm sure you'd all go real well together and then later that night you could take turns cuffing each other up and ramming batons up your ass. Hell, maybe it would convince you all to stop bothering to get your authority boners in ss13 and we'd finally just be able to get on with playing the game.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #184486

Forget it, I guess Kor was right that there's nothing else to be gained from this thread being left open.

Oranges, stop being a cunt though.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #184501

Abusing my forum admin powers to make a final point.

If the argument is valid, the argument is valid, the number of people who care about the argument is irrelevant, as is who those people are or their standing in the community.

If steelpoint has a point, then they have a point, if they don't then they don't.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW: