Peacekeeper Borgs

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: Peacekeeper Borgs

Post by paprika » #184999

Bottom post of the previous page:

Because they're a full retard feature played by full retards as well as coded by full retards
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #185011

Scott wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:You don't seem to get you aren't supposed to be able to make a difference. That a borg whose only purpose is to stop things from happening and make the game boring shouldn't exist.
Are you saying Security needs to be removed?
no because you can having a meaningful conflict with sec whereas with borgs it's "do you have one of the only 3 counters on the entire station?"
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #185012

Good memes.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #185034

Scott wrote:Good memes.
good point i didn't consider that. my entire argument is now invalid.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #185038

It's too late they're already dead, God is Good.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #185039

I have no idea how you can be so weak a non stun slowdown makes you throw a tanty.

Honestly the github emotes being the decider now of whether something is merged or not (short of code perfectionism) is utterly abused by this tiny cabal of the terrible and I thought the forums were an unsuitably small sample of the population sheesh.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #185041

Ok so what's the problem with people's opinions being heard as far as code goes I thought everyone wanted that?

Are you saying people who like these shitty borgs and their dogshit kit are too stupid to voice their opinion on github? Maybe we shouldn't be listening to them for balance changes.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #185072

jesus man are you married to a robot or something?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #185080

What a clusterfuck.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #185082

oranges wrote:jesus man are you married to a robot or something?
#BORGLIVESMATTER YOU'RE A FUCKING.. WHITE MEATBAG!
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #185420

PKPenguin321 wrote:no because you can having a meaningful conflict with sec whereas with borgs it's "do you have one of the only 3 counters on the entire station?"
Have you considered running away from the machine and ambushing it

Ambushes/traps are severely underused. Nobody ever expects it.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #185450

Its funny how poeple go say borg OP when you know theres a borg but still your not doing anything to it
The future is horrible!
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #185505

"Borgs are OP"
You have twenty TC and multiple other ways to stop them.
"Yeah...but they're OP"
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #185511

I can't remember the last time a borg was a legitimate problem that I had to deal with.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #185536

Atlanta-Ned wrote:I can't remember the last time a borg was a legitimate problem that I had to deal with.
In all seriousness they can be a complete ballache to deal with if they've been emagged and you lack the right tools.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #185537

Reece wrote:In all seriousness they can be a complete ballache to deal with if ... you lack the right tools.
So, literally everything on station but a braindead next to a maint door?

I still don't like dealing with them, but everything else can be just as much of a ballache as a borg
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #185550

Takeguru wrote:
Reece wrote:In all seriousness they can be a complete ballache to deal with if ... you lack the right tools.
So, literally everything on station but a braindead next to a maint door?

I still don't like dealing with them, but everything else can be just as much of a ballache as a borg
Some fucking blue-skinned lizard with a stunprod, cablecuffs and a veiny validboner is a bigger problem than borgs.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #185557

Ezel wrote:Its funny how poeple go say borg OP when you know theres a borg but still your not doing anything to it
Reece wrote:"Borgs are OP"
"Yeah...but they're OP"
Do you not understand that:
a) not all antags have the traitor uplink
b) forcing all antags to have ways to counter borgs AND sec just because borgs have ONE HARM POLICE MODULE WITH STUNS is a bad idea
c) the above is why secborgs were removed, energy bolas were removed, and standard borgs are being removed?
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #185574

Oh boy I get to repost something again and update it

Borg counters for various antags

Ion Rifle: Ranged multi-tile battery-draining instant death
EMP grenade: Ranged multi-tile battery-draining instant death
Flash: Melee instant death
Laser Pointer: Ranged annoyance/instant death
Flashbang: Full screen instant death
EMP Flashlight; basically instant death
(Shadow)ling: Sonic screech
Cult: EMP talisman, artificers, EMP rune
Wiznerd: Disable technology, magic missile, and nearly every other attacking spell
Xenos: Xeno spit, your damn claws
Ninjas: EM Burst, your sword
Blob: You're a fucking blob why do you care
Revenant: Malfunction
Swarmers: Stun mine
Ayys: Teleporting away
Others: Literally any gun, running, pressing the "fuck you kill all borgs" button on the borg console

You're hard pressed to find an antag that can't readily fuck a borg's life up even with basic equipment. The meme that BORGS HAVE NO COUNTERS!!! needs to stop. If you're so completely inept that running is too advanced a strategy for you, you deserve to get atomized.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #185575

paprika wrote:
Ezel wrote:Its funny how poeple go say borg OP when you know theres a borg but still your not doing anything to it
Reece wrote:"Borgs are OP"
"Yeah...but they're OP"
Do you not understand that:
b) forcing all antags to have ways to counter borgs AND sec just because borgs have ONE HARM POLICE MODULE WITH STUNS is a bad idea
c) the above is why secborgs were removed, energy bolas were removed, and standard borgs are being removed?
What antags do not have access to EMP/Flash and are also vulnerable to a security cyborg?
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #185584

paprika wrote:Do you not understand that:
I challenge you to find a loadout for an antag that borgs just completely beat, that isn't also completely awful.

You're damn hard pressed to find one because most everything that works on humans works on borgs.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #185605

i blocked + reported everyone itt
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #185608

Once again the issue has never quite been borg vulnerability in the first place, it's the fact that antags have to play around them as well as security just because they have this harm clause that forces them to validhunt by extension.

In addition, if a sec officer sees two greyshirts beating each other up, he can break it up or be like 'whatever', but a borg typically treats that the same as an antag mowing people down with a gun. It's fucking retarded, but it's how the laws work, so it's better off we either a) ditch laws or b) ditch harm enforcement for silicons.

I know this will upset you, because it's the truth, but try to understand as I don't like repeating it:

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO STOP HARM IF YOU CAN'T DO IT. SECBORGS CREATE THIS PROBLEM. REMOVING SECBORGS DOESN'T MAKE BORGS 'LESS CAPABLE OF FOLLOWING THEIR LAWS', IT JUST MEANS THEY DON'T HAVE TO BE FUN POLICE ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

Find me an admin that will ban you for not breaking up a fight as an engie borg. Can you fucking people finally get it through your brains how this problem creates itself? Can you not see how removing the capabilities of silicons to do sec's job is a net gain for silicon players and everyone else and not just 'antag butthurt'? Your fucking deflection is disgusting, childish, and honestly hypocritical because it's what you accuse most coders of when most of you 'silicon minority' are doing the same god damn thing in these threads. Peacekeeper borgs are a cancer. They will be removed, or at the very least, nerfed into oblivion every time you try to buff them with shit or people abuse their module kit. I told you this would happen. Several times. Many other people did too. Yet you thought you could provoke a loophole by adding them as some kind of a fun-loving joke with the harm alarm and shit. That's the irony as Oranges so wittily mentioned, you're the joke.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #185629

Paprika living up to his spicy name tbh.