Pope of Sin

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Pope of Sin

Post by InsaneHyena » #185481

I don't think I've ever hated an antag so much. Not because he's powerful, not because he's weak, not because he doesn't fit the game - he's annoying. He's very, VERY fucking annoying. Every four seconds he begins a new soundbyte, and it goes on and on, and on, and on, and on, and on. It makes me want to scratch my eyes out or kill somebody with a socket wrench. Easily the most annoying of his sound effects is the heartbeat that makes me physically sick. I've found that turning off sound is the best way to cope with this thing, but forcing me to do it just to so I can get some quiet shouldn't be my only option.

tl; dr - please make pope of sin's midis less frequent.
Bring back papercult.

onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: Pope of Sin

Post by onleavedontatme » #185482

It's messages/sounds should not be global.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #185484

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #185485

What is this , stupid "demans man demunz" antag? How many variations of ooga booga occult beluga antagonists are we gonna have until you remove all evidence of space from this game and turn the setting into early 1900s new England?
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #185489

I'd go with my original plan where lavaland was a post skynet wasteland and you fought robots if I thought I could do it without the spriters lynching me.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #185490

From perspective of person on the station, the Pope of Memes was doing nothing but spew memes, walk around breaking walls, murderboner, be unkillable. When I died I learned it was judging ghosts - whatever that means.

So am I right in saying it's a mode for ghosts, therefore fucking stupid?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #185496

Super Aggro Crag wrote:What is this , stupid "demans man demunz" antag? How many variations of ooga booga occult beluga antagonists are we gonna have until you remove all evidence of space from this game and turn the setting into early 1900s new England?
Well, that will never happen. Spessmens won't accept a game where there exists a force that they cannot defeat through ludicrous use of toolboxes and/or singularity.
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #185506

Super Aggro Crag wrote:What is this , stupid "demans man demunz" antag? How many variations of ooga booga occult beluga antagonists are we gonna have until you remove all evidence of space from this game and turn the setting into early 1900s new England?

Arkham Horror game when
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #185509

we're slowly deteriorating into lifeweb
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #185513

Wyzack wrote:

Arkham Horror game when
Detective is already the most popular security job, maybe you're on to something.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #185524

Kor wrote:
Wyzack wrote:

Arkham Horror game when
Detective is already the most popular security job, maybe you're on to something.
That's because he starts with an infinite stunbaton and the most dangerous gun on station and can be antag
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #185532

For me, it's because he starts with cool clothing, a flavourful revolver and is somewhat of a loose cannon. Also, can be an antag now.
Bring back papercult.

Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #185538

Detective antag is garbage and clogs up my favorite roll in the game with shitters who want an easy murderbone

But that is a topic for another thread
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #185539

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Kor wrote:
Wyzack wrote:

Arkham Horror game when
That's because he starts with an infinite stunbaton and the most dangerous gun on station and can be antag
People who start with way better gear are still way less popular. You underestimate how much players enjoy a fun theme/ginmick.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #185541

The Detective is still THE most popular Security job, and is from my experience the most likely to be consistently filled even on lower populations.

That's for several reasons. Firstly its because the Detective has a shot of being a station Antagonists, secondly he spawns with two VERY powerful weapons, a infinite charge Stun Baton and the most powerful weapon on station, his Detective's Revolver. Finally he has the least responsibility of any security personal since his job is far more a investigative one which is less direct and confrontational.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #185631

Super Aggro Crag wrote:ooga booga occult beluga
dunnn dundunduuuun dunnn Image