HG Wants to Remove Standard Borgs

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: HG Wants to Remove Standard Borgs

Post by oranges » #185477

Bottom post of the previous page:

no you don't need a default stun
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #185479

It is not unusual for AI to become subverted by a normal traitor who doenst have an emag, and now the borgs you get from this are pretty shit

At the same time i knew this was going to happen when people were making the peacekeeper borg. Secborgs were removed because people did not want silicons to get involved in violent conflict. The peacekeeper borg still exists to do this only much worse at it
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #185562

The RD/captain/HoP subverting the AI and having massive control over the station with a legion of shitter stunbots using zero telecrystals because they had the access to do so is exactly why captain antag was removed and part of the reason secborgs were removed

Surely you can think of something more creative to do
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #185568

Why didn't people tell the hugbabies screeching about the borgs getting in the way of their murderboners to fuck off. If we had, then everything would still be roses and we wouldn't be climbing down this rope of constantly pandering game design around an assblasted minority of dunked players.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #185573

ShadowDimentio wrote:Why didn't people tell the hugbabies screeching about the borgs getting in the way of their murderboners to fuck off. If we had, then everything would still be roses and we wouldn't be climbing down this rope of constantly pandering game design around an assblasted minority of dunked players.
The minority here is secborg validhunters who get borged as soon as they don't get antag so they can be a piece of shit harmpolice

There's also the RD/roboticist players who do nothing but roll those jobs to get traitor and subvert borgs for easy mode.

This is a small but concentrated playerbase that is wholly cancerous and thankfully none of the people making these decisions care about what they think
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #185640

Dohoho so now we have established that people against this aren't always the cyborgs now they are all the RD/roboticists great great perfect. Also this isn't a secborg and people might fall different ways duh.

Can I know what all you borg detractors are playing so I can avoid the festering sores you turn your favourite jobs into?
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #185673

Paprika is right about everything.
Bring back papercult.

Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #185683

If people are for or against whatever but the total removal was shut down and now we are onto another pull https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/18433.

Basically still stun removal for literal infants who want to toddle up to borgs and grief them with no consequences. Like since we haven't got a vtech epidemic I suppose that is why them having a melee stun would be so important to you.
Oh but it has marginal mediborg engiborg features.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #185690

WAHHH PEOPLE ARE GRIEFING MY OPTIONAL NON-HUMAN JOB #BORGLIVESMATTER REEEEEE FUCKING MEATBAGS
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #185873

You know what? I don't even care anymore. This will get removed whether people want it to or not, whether people complain a lot, or fully support it. Heck, even if everyone opposes it, not like it will matter. So why even bother making this thread?
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #185877

So that when the dust settles and silicons are removed and everything still sucks I can say I fucking told you so.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Zellion
Byond Username: Zellion

Post by Zellion » #185941

First they came for the secborgs, and I did not speak out for I did not play secborg.
Then they came for the stun batons, and I did not speak out for I did not play standard borg.
Then they came for the stuns, and I did not speak out for I did not stun.
Then they came for me, and there was no one to speak out.
Spoiler:
;^)
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #185965

hey so i don't know if you guys know but the standard borg isn't getting removed that PR got closed

they are getting some new gear though, so that they're more of a "jack of all trades master of none" type borg
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #185969

So long as they keep their stuns.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Zellion

Post by Zellion » #185970

DemonFiren wrote:So long as they keep their stuns.
They get zipties and no way to stun, so if you have someone else to stun for you, you can cuff them.
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #185978

Or you can be robust and use soap.
Bring back papercult.

Zellion

Post by Zellion » #185979

You can't drop your borg modules.
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #185980

Who said anything about modules?
Bring back papercult.

Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #186088

firecage wrote:You know what? I don't even care anymore. This will get removed whether people want it to or not, whether people complain a lot, or fully support it. Heck, even if everyone opposes it, not like it will matter. So why even bother making this thread?
This forum is like a reality tv show. It's fun if you love trash and dumb drama.
Everyone can be a Gordon Ramsay.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #186092

That guy has real talent unlike most people here
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #186104

On a serious note though, can we remove peacekeeper borgs instead of standard borgs? Standard borgs are decent, not OP, and I don't even see the problem at all. Just people needlessly whining. Not even secborgs were that OP, they were could be easily dealt with.

Peacekeeper borgs on the other hand, are just bloody annoying, due to spamming cookies, that huge HUMAN HARM spam message, and them just making no sense at all. They are just a meme.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #186108

They're a pointless meme now since they don't have bolas. They're likey going to stay though.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
dionysus24779
Byond Username: Dionysus24779

Post by dionysus24779 » #188978

Just remove everything and shut the servers down or turn it into a chat-server.

Seriously, the whole silicon nerfing is just so pathetic it's painful to watch.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #188982

Get rid of the stun baton, and standard borgs are fine. Worst case scenario, nobody uses them.

Can we just remove HG instead?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #188985

Luke Cox wrote:Can we just remove HG instead?
Dude, elections are on.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: