Cyborg stuns

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Cyborg stuns

Post by Slignerd » #210137

I believe it would be less awful to play as cyborg if conventional current-based stuns (stun batons, stun prods, tele prods) worked on cyborgs, while simple flashes shouldn't stun them, but blind and disorient them like they do to regular humans. Experiencing the one-click stun+blind+mute is an awful experience, and the crew being able to stun-lock silicons in a state like this is awful.

Having such a common item as a hard counter is bullshit, honestly. All it takes is to flash a syndicate cyborg once, and you can just repeatedly smash it with a fire extinguisher while keeping it in a stun-lock forever until it dies. There's sensible counters, such as EMPs, ion rifles and carbine, even laser pointers, then there's this bullshit.

It's instant stun, with no means to protect yourself from (as far as I know borg's equivalent of sunglasses or adrenals aren't a thing) and honestly, it's a terrible experience for something like this to result in a 'gg no re'. So, yeah. Can you give up on your extremely cheap counter once you lose your "no other stuns work on them" excuse and have actual stun weapons stun borgs instead? :roll:
Last edited by Slignerd on Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Re: Cyborg stuns

Post by InsaneHyena » #210141

Good, cyborg players should suffer.
Bring back papercult.

John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #210142

Plasma Core Energy Banks and Adaptive Lenses/Advanced Adaptive Lenses as attachments for cyborgs when?

*PCEB dump's 3000 energy into the cell, removes all stuns, increases movement speed, and turns on all equipment (light on max, energy sword activated, stun baton turned on, harm alarm activated, flash activated)
Three uses.

Adaptive Lenses is a welding mask attachment basically (just the shady around the edges view)
Advanced Adaptive Lenses is the same thing, but with thermals installed.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #210143

F
L
A
S
H
A3STH3T1CS
Byond Username: Mack3r3l

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #210220

does using the flash by actually using it do anything or are you just wasting potential uses?
banned consecutively from multiple communities
professional space law botanist
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
<Chocobro> aesthetics is the best flower maker
Username change: Mackerel -> A3STH3T1CS
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #210221

It stuns borgs for a century.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #210222

no i mean if you click or hit z with the active flash in hand does it stun people around you
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #210223

Yes, its the "secret" super robust trick to fuck borgs over since they have to get in melee range and click you, while you just have to zip by them and mash the button in one of 3 adjacent squares to put them out of the fight.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #210229

only reason this is even a problem is secborg removal tbh

i don't really care about flashes, honestly if you changed it so it was batons/prods it would be just as bad. they can still say "borg stand still law 2" then come up and kill you. as long as you have an ambush advantage borg is literally 100% dead no matter what.

i still don't know why borgs got the nerfhammer so badly when in 70% of scenarios they are easy as dick to kill
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #210234

Because babies couldn't kill them and they ignored the glaring weaknesses that all borgs have and cried until they got removed.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #210250

Funny you would call us babies when I'm hearing nothing but whining from you
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #210258

I will say electrical stuns working on borgs would make more sense than them all coming from the bat school of over sensitive eyes, to the point where they freeze in the flash lights like a deer.

Would only make sense if the stuns removed in the peak era of penquin weakness returned though, including sec borgs. Give and take, give stuns take stuns.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #210282

Give up on playing cyborg and play augmented humans.

You get total damage immunity as a fully augmented human. And then you have the cybernetic implants.

Cyborgs are not many steps away from being removed from the game anyways.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #210307

Scott wrote:Give up on playing cyborg and play augmented humans.

You get total damage immunity as a fully augmented human. And then you have the cybernetic implants.

Cyborgs are not many steps away from being removed from the game anyways.
Well given that they are the only role with any serious rule enforcement over policy and behavior, and their default role is to protect the crew and station, they come between valids and come between antag-murdersprees so obviously they'd get removed on a server where 99% of the community only wants to be antag or kill antags.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #210399

Saegrimr wrote:Yes, its the "secret" super robust trick to fuck borgs over since they have to get in melee range and click you, while you just have to zip by them and mash the button in one of 3 adjacent squares to put them out of the fight.
assuming that's an actual thing, then I don't get what people are getting uppity about, flashes seem like a perfect way to take care of borgs.
Cik

Post by Cik » #210402

borgs are uncounterable fam
TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #210409

Ahahaha nigga just get a flash like nigga just walk up and press a button ahaahahha
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #210415

A3STH3T1CS wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:Yes, its the "secret" super robust trick to fuck borgs over since they have to get in melee range and click you, while you just have to zip by them and mash the button in one of 3 adjacent squares to put them out of the fight.
assuming that's an actual thing, then I don't get what people are getting uppity about, flashes seem like a perfect way to take care of borgs.
Yeah, but then you have to carry a flash.
TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #210418

Go to robotics, go to science. If you are sec you have one already
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #210425

Security has a vendor full of them. All heads of staff get one, science can print them for basically peanuts in terms of resource cost. Already ontop of EMPs/Ions, laser pointers, and a fucking terminal that can kill them.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #210427

and yet people still can't seem to get fucking good against them
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #210429

Yeah, but they like, have to carry a whole other thing, whereas ebow deals with squishies, so borgs need a nerf man.
Cik

Post by Cik » #210448

>tfw you can buy enough EMP to literally black out the whole fucking station for 2tc

>including an implant that is a fullscreen anti-borg stun/mute/deafen that lasts 15 seconds and drains their battery and damages them

>there is no cooldown to this implant which means you can spamclick to literally kill the borg in like .00001 seconds

>there is no way to detect this implant

>you can use it to stun and subvert them with 100% success rate or kill them

>you also get 6 EMP grenades

>no counters

wew

lad
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #210449

When are we just gonna homogenize the combat system so nobody feels left out? I'm sick and tired of this skill disparity between """robust""" and the average normal gamer.
Here is what I propose:
First we remove the harm/help/grab intents, move disarm to a toggle like throw.
Batons, prods, and everything else with a stun setting in melee range get removed and compounded into a single bright yellow stick labeled called a Stun Stick. It works on everybody and has no charge, and only security can use them.
All projectiles just get turned into one generic gun, we remove armor values on everything except nuke ops because they're only 5 people so they need help.
Traitors uplink gets reduced down to chameleon projector kits, a kill sword, and a shooty gun. All of these kill instantly because thats what traitors are supposed to do.

I was gonna elaborate on this further but I feel like i've already spent way too much effort on a shitpost and forgot what else I was gonna add.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #210451

Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #210478

To be honest I'd be fine if there were a few other ways to handle borgs and remove the flash's supremacy as the anti-borg device, like being unable to stack stuns and a half-second saving grace period to move.
Maybe tasers could drain a set percentage of it's batteries and deactivate a module if it's activated (I.E. Turning off a standard borg's e-sword, an engiborg's stunarm or a mining borg's KA), disablers draining less power and lacking the disable feature of course. Tasers already drain mech batteries so it should be doable.
Stunbatons/prods could discharge a chunk of a cyborg's power, give it confusion and prevent it from using a module for a second or two (and give it a stuttering voice, just for fun).
Throwing/using a pie or using a spraycan (targeting the head) at it could give it blindness until it get's cleaned off. Like retreating to the bathroom and sitting under a shower or using a soap/space cleaner spray on itself if it has one.

I'd like it if the hacked miner borg module could get a syndicate-brand KA that works properly in atmos so it can work as the ranged option, borgs absolutely suck at melee range combat, they only have the element of surprise going for them in combat terms. Non-hacked rogue borgs are even worse. At the moment, only the PK borg can sort of fill the ranged role with it's hacked harm alarm and ineffectively at that.
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #210480

Reece wrote:
A3STH3T1CS wrote:
Yeah, but then you have to carry a flash.
Break into robotics, ask robotics, ask sec, carry one.
I'd probably give you a flash if I still worked in robotics
Durkel
Byond Username: Durkel

Post by Durkel » #210746

We could just come to terms that ss13 isn't a game about balance or fairness, but rather fun and whacky shit. Borgs shit on fun, so borgs in turn get shit on by all non borg players.

BUT FUCK THAT, LET'S START ANOTHER BORG DISCUSSION/COMPLAINT ABOUT STUNS/LAWS/RANDOM BULLSHIT #241.
Sierra Welbe says, "Tim Ebow fucking threw soap everywhere near the HoP office, like I mean 20 fucking goddamn bars AND I CAN'T STOP SLIPPING"
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #210756

you can't control us with your passive aggressive mess
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #210759

The fact that cyborgs get defeated very hard in combat is a deliberate design decision made by the original developer/ maintainers over time.

The reasoning is that any given borg is usually very excellent at carrying out the job it's model is for, and they are also immune to atmospheric conditions and many environmental hazards.

So the tradeoff is, you'll suck at combat and you'll never really be able to fight a carbon effectively, but you'll be very very good at your chosen job, as well as emergency response to environmental disaster (assuming any threats have been dealt with by station crew).

edit:
I want to note that this is part evolved over time, but also as part of the original vision of borgs as not getting involved in security enforcement or antag response. Also I think super originally they also sucked at their jobs and were seen as more of a punishment role for antags who were caught and borged.

editedit:
This is also what lead to the sec borg getting removed, as the spot it occupied in the seesaw was awkward, especially with silicon law and policy involved.

finally:
I suggest therefore if you would like to play a role that is involved in combat with antagonists, that you may wish to try security, or a command role.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #210778

> Syndicate assault cyborgs
> Not meant for combat
> Not involved with security or antags
> Guaranteed takedown with a single flash
> "Meant to be good at their job"

That 'deliberate design' clearly changed, so perhaps it would be better to adapt to it.
Last edited by Slignerd on Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #210789

>Borgs not meant for combat.

>Borgs all get flash, harking back to an era where a flash could floor a person without protection

>Borgs all can take marginally more damage than carbons before being forced out of a fight.

>Borgs all had something that was passable as a weapon, and an emag weapon.

>Borgs are the AI soldiers.

The fuck citrus. I'd expect someone who has been playing as long as you to recognize borgs are INTENTIONALLY put in to change up combat. They couldn't be stunned by traditional means as a way to deter and prevent people from taking the path of least resistance and using a handful of items that would all but guarantee success. By adding an unusual element to the equation, players were expected to think differently and plan ahead with what resources they had or could get. Players aren't meant to just get an e-bow/e-sword combo or rely on a taser to win every single encounter they have. But apparently this server only wants one method to play the game and anything that inhibits that method or encourages thinking outside the box has to go.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #210798

Cyborgs should be a punishment, augmenting is all the rage these days.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #210917

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:Cyborgs should be a punishment
PLAYING THE GAME SHOULD BE A PUNISHMENT
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #210920

Sligneris wrote:I believe it would be less awful to play as cyborg if conventional current-based stuns (stun batons, stun prods, tele prods) worked on cyborgs, while simple flashes shouldn't stun them, but blind and disorient them like they do to regular humans. Experiencing the one-click stun+blind+mute is an awful experience, and the crew being able to stun-lock silicons in a state like this is awful.

Having such a common item as a hard counter is bullshit, honestly. All it takes is to flash a syndicate cyborg once, and you can just repeatedly smash it with a fire extinguisher while keeping it in a stun-lock forever until it dies. There's sensible counters, such as EMPs, ion rifles and carbine, even laser pointers, then there's this bullshit.

It's instant stun, with no means to protect yourself from (as far as I know borg's equivalent of sunglasses or adrenals aren't a thing) and honestly, it's a terrible experience for something like this to result in a 'gg no re'. So, yeah. Can you give up on your extremely cheap counter once you lose your "no other stuns work on them" excuse and have actual stun weapons stun borgs instead? :roll:
It's especially annoying when someone like the :honkman: , The local nonhuman/MetaGrudger or Hubbie decides to flash you into submission when you are following your laws and either destroys you or flings you into space.
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #210929

Sligneris wrote:> Syndicate assault cyborgs
> Not meant for combat
> Not involved with security or antags
> Guaranteed takedown with a single flash
> "Meant to be good at their job"

That 'deliberate design' clearly changed, so perhaps it would be better to adapt to it.
The syndicate borg has an incredibly powerful set of weapons that make it able to stand off at range and deal damage, it is clearly not designed to close and engage at close range, even though it has a melee weapon. it is also able to kill the AI very easily.

Why should the syndicate borg be powerful in both ranged, close and anti AI combat? It's a specific tool for a specific job (ranged damage and anti AI). If you truly cared about this just because of the syndicate borg you would also be calling for a nerf to the EMP rifle, which is an incredible ranged weapon against silicon.
Davidchan wrote: >Borgs not meant for combat.

>Borgs all get flash, harking back to an era where a flash could floor a person without protection

>Borgs all can take marginally more damage than carbons before being forced out of a fight.

>Borgs all had something that was passable as a weapon, and an emag weapon.

>Borgs are the AI soldiers.

The fuck citrus. I'd expect someone who has been playing as long as you to recognize borgs are INTENTIONALLY put in to change up combat. They couldn't be stunned by traditional means as a way to deter and prevent people from taking the path of least resistance and using a handful of items that would all but guarantee success. By adding an unusual element to the equation, players were expected to think differently and plan ahead with what resources they had or could get. Players aren't meant to just get an e-bow/e-sword combo or rely on a taser to win every single encounter they have. But apparently this server only wants one method to play the game and anything that inhibits that method or encourages thinking outside the box has to go.
For what it's worth, I agree that they bring another dimension to combat, but I argue that most borgs are mostly combat ineffective unless you can bring down the player at range and most of them do not have that ranged stun, I would argue that given two players with the same skill level the human player will beat the borg 99% of the time because the flash is so effective, my argument is that this is intentional to introduce asymmetry into the game which makes for more interesting decisions.

edit: I guess my last post would be more accurate if you replaced combat, with close quarters combat.
pubby
Github User
Byond Username: Pubby
Github Username: pubby

Post by pubby » #210942

Borgs have their own stupidly powerful AOE stun in the form of welder bombs. Welder bombs and flashes are about equal in strength.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #211013

The real solution is to leave things as is and tell the Borg's to get good. They aren't sit at combat you just need to use your tools right.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #211150

pubby wrote:Borgs have their own stupidly powerful AOE stun in the form of welder bombs. Welder bombs and flashes are about equal in strength.
Welder tanks can be detonated at range and force you to damage yourself to use. If you got pinged enough times with a laser, that tank bomb will end up killing you and cyborgs cannot be revived by anything other than a carbon player.

While a flash is concealable, can be used more than once and can't be shot at to make explode and stuns borgs in a way that they cannot possibly protect themselves from (carbons can get flash protection). Borgs must get into flash range in order to do anything against you and if you get them once, you can just chain flash them to keep them permanently stunned while you hit them with a harm intent welder that does irreparable burn damage.

The flash is outright superior to a welder tank bomb.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #211244

a borgs real weapon is never even coming close to humans in conflict. just AoE flash, bolt doors, call sec, and then run away with your eyes closed so you dont see the 10000 law 1 violations sec is about to perform.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Cik

Post by Cik » #211278

those damn borgs following sillicon policy what a horror
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #211297

Obviously we should punish them more and make every action by a borg to a carbon player a "borg x is trying to use (module) on you. Do you consent?" And if they click no the borg is auto locked down till robotics can reset them.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #211465

Because how else is the AI supposed to see? And the old method of having to jump between cameras via the camera list was godawful, and Goon's AI eye causes motion sickness with the way it yanks around more than a leper's cock.
Plus the AI can be subverted, has a hard and fast rule policy (while security's is a little more relaxed in comparison) and should not care about minor crimes or major crimes if they're exclusively between non-Humans. While a security officer would get bwoinked for ignoring or helping in the theft of a traitor objective/helping or ignoring a traitor killing a Lizardperson and so on.

AIs that call sec for minor crimes are shit AIs in my honest opinion and I'd make it policy for them to ignore anything less than outright assault/murder between Humans but I'm just a guy with a opinion.
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #211661

Removing default access to departmental radio? Fuck that. Whether you believe it or not, people will actually use their dept radio to make requests to the AI directly because

1) The color offset makes it more likely the AI will see the request or law demand in a sea of green.

2) It allows dept related requests to be directed at the AI in question WITHOUT relaying that information to unwanted parties directly. Whether this is access requests, information updates or general banter that doesn't need to be placed on the public channel but can benefit the department; for example the AI announcing over medical channel the location of an injured crew member or dead body, or complaining with a tracking/location request to security/command about suspicious individuals.

3) The AI is meant to be a tool to assist departments in their jobs. Taking away the most direct means to use this tool is fucking awful.

I can't tell if you're just salty ded plz nerf because an AI just shutdown your reckless antagging or you just don't play AI in general because either way you're requesting to take away something that's practically a core feature for no other reason than 'someone might valid' as if that's a fucking excuse.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #211671

It's a silicon haters trying to rationalize their tears episode again
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Cik

Post by Cik » #211681

or you know

he could have dragged the body outside the camera range
smashed the camera in one hit
EMPed the room
disguised as someone else
monkeyed to ventcrawl
took you hostage to force the AI to open the doors
pulsed the bolt wire
deconned the walls
got another chang e ling to help
killed the AI like 20 minutes ago in like 10 seconds with zero effort
subverted the AI to start with

and on and on and on and on

:ai:
Cik

Post by Cik » #211684

also he's the HOP so he has a FUCKING DOOR REMOTE

HE CAN JUST UNBOLT THE DOORS

HE COULD HAVE LEFT AT ANY TIME REEEEEEEE
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #211726

CosmicScientist wrote:>might valid
>always valid
Take away the command and security channels it has for christ's sake.
Take away default access to the two channels that utilize the AI the most. Genius!

As for your arguments about letting preventing people from facing antags because harm, Law 1 doesn't apply to self harm or conscious decisions with known risks. As long as you the Captain were aware that the person in the room was capable of killing you and you still decided to go in there, the AI is free to let you in.

>Humans can be assumed to know whether an action will harm them and that they will make educated decisions about whether they will be harmed if they have complete information about a situation.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #211766

Isn't it policy that changelings aren't human once the AI has confirmation they are a changeling?
Cik

Post by Cik » #211782

yes

changeling just doesn't understand the fucking rules, which as pretty typical for these sorts of complaints

AI did nothing wrong who cares

if the problem was that the AI let him inside there is no problem

if the problem was that the AI is too powerful that isn't fucking true because the HOP had like 50 ways out of the fucking room, he's just a fucking moron

0/10 complaint not even a seed of anything worthwhile here see you in a month when the tears start again over the extraordinarily nerfed nigh defenceless AI ruining your game by helping you kill an inhuman monster from beyond the stars it's obligated to murder

:roll: