Monkey Mode

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Durkel
Byond Username: Durkel

Monkey Mode

Post by Durkel » #21405

It's still just as fucking awful, why would you ever do this to us? I can't even begin to express my displeasure at the reemergence of this game mode.

Fucking why?

Post feedback for the return of the worst game mode in history.
Sierra Welbe says, "Tim Ebow fucking threw soap everywhere near the HoP office, like I mean 20 fucking goddamn bars AND I CAN'T STOP SLIPPING"
Pendraggon
Byond Username: Pendraggon

Re: Monkey Mode

Post by Pendraggon » #21406

It doesn't have to be this way
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #21407

It was not fun. I had all of this mutagen and I was going to have fun playing botanist. THEN EVERYTHING CHANGED WHEN THE OTHER BOTANIST TURNED INTO A MONKEY AND BIT ME.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #21416

man i fucking wrecked everyone as a borg that round, borgs are so op against monkeys.

do monkeys have a hive chat? even if monkeys technically cannot telepathically communicate irl i think it would be a good addition. after all, these are highly advanced superchimps™
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #21445

Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #22071

Some glaring issues I ran into live on the server.

-No population scaling. It's really easy to stop the infection while it's still small and turn the game mode into an uneventful extended.
-N2O flooding is overpowered, as monkeys cannot have internals on without constantly carrying a oxygen tank in their hand, which means not being able to vent crawl, and getting stunned = you lose
-Unclear win objectives. The objective is also bugged and counts monkeys in escape pods.
-It's just not fun at all in the state it's in
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
tunderchief

Post by tunderchief » #22072

>forcing monkey mode

>still no Xeno mode even though 7/10 people want it
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #22080

It's terrible, people get rotated out of the round quickly as hell, never to re-enter, and rounds last for an hour or two. To make things worse, it almost always turns into extended 20 minutes in, but with a bunch of people dead for another hour. There's no variation in strategy or gameplay for either monkeys or crew; it's 'bite someone and run' for monkeys, or 'shoot monkeys while botany makes hopefully makes bananas' for the crew. possessing similar faults to blob, but less mitigated because the logistics and abilities involved are far more basic. There's no aspect to which it may be enjoyable beyond once or twice on a monthly basis, or in admin-only events, at least, in it's current state.

It needs to be removed from rotation.
Zsword

Post by Zsword » #22149

One thing I hate is that there is absolutely no defense against monkies for MOST of the crew for the first... 20-30 minutes of the round, until Security opens up the armory for guns or Cargo actually manages to get security to open their gun crates or until Botany actually makes enough Banana's to reliably cure it, if you see a monkey, you're fucked. I have resorted too, and am no the only one, suiciding if I get bit because I hate playing as a monkey just -that much-. Monkey is also the only 'conversion' based traitors I do that for, Cult, Revolution, Alien? I play along, despite hate being an Antag, Cult and Revolution I can, sometimes at least figure out someway to make it fun for -me-. Monkey? Run around and bite people? I'd rather not thanks. I think I'll just sit out the round and go watch youtube or something.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #22407

Been in it a few times. Never actually seen the monkeys alive. Punching bag antags personified.