Beepsky doesn't care about physics.

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
youngbuckliontiger

Beepsky doesn't care about physics.

Post by youngbuckliontiger » #42789

Beepsky will chase you in space no matter what and he does not drift. You can still outrun him if you have a jetpack but its like beepksy is a guided missile and will hunt you in space forever.Then he will stun you forever in space without putting cuffs on you. Beepsky needs to run out of stun baton charges and needs to be recharged again because he can perma stun you. He also needs to drift like borgs in space.
Player name: Rob Ust
Lets have fun in SS13!
I don't play anymore though.
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Re: Beepsky doesn't care about physics.

Post by dezzmont » #42796

I wouldn't mind beepsky being jet powered, as it would give him some real value in crisis situations and make people build and use security bots in an interesting way, making eva combat really interesting. But the other problems you mentioned are pretty relevant.
RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #42800

DO not even think about touching beepsky.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #42805

Bot movement was overhauled to be less of a coder fucking mess. Fluff-wise I assume beepsky uses the same propulsion system borgs do when gravity is down. Either magboot-type technology or something else.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #42820

paprika wrote:Bot movement was overhauled to be less of a coder fucking mess. Fluff-wise I assume beepsky uses the same propulsion system borgs do when gravity is down. Either magboot-type technology or something else.
Most borgtypes actually get stuck in zero g.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #42830

Something something I really don't want to copy and paste logic here. Yeah beepsky and other bots shouldn't move in space like that, I guess i could just give them a has_gravity() check. That would mean they get helplessly trapped if they ever hit a space tile though.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #42833

MisterPerson wrote:Something something I really don't want to copy and paste logic here. Yeah beepsky and other bots shouldn't move in space like that, I guess i could just give them a has_gravity() check. That would mean they get helplessly trapped if they ever hit a space tile though.
That would be terrible. Some of my favorite moments in this game involved pingsky chasing some jerk into space swearing at him.
iyaerP
Byond Username: IyaerP

Post by iyaerP » #42861

Beepsky is SUPPOSED to be robust as fuck.If you fuck with THE LAW, beeps will TAKE YOU DOWN.

I mean, seriously, he is a hover-bot. It isn't unreasonable that he has a little jetpack or something.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #42877

Every borg type should have a fire extinguisher to prevent them getting stuck in low grav
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #42890

iyaerP wrote:Beepsky is SUPPOSED to be robust as fuck.If you fuck with THE LAW, beeps will TAKE YOU DOWN.

I mean, seriously, he is a hover-bot. It isn't unreasonable that he has a little jetpack or something.
He's hovering over what?

And I won't believe for a second that this dummy who gets stuck in one-way glass can use jetpack or something to navigate himself in three dimensional vacuum.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #42891

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:
iyaerP wrote:Beepsky is SUPPOSED to be robust as fuck.If you fuck with THE LAW, beeps will TAKE YOU DOWN.

He's hovering over what?

And I won't believe for a second that this dummy who gets stuck in one-way glass can use jetpack or something to navigate himself in three dimensional vacuum.

You can just argue that Securitron's lack the ability to detect glass panes and properly account for them in their patrol path finding software.

Securitron's patrol a preset route that is set up with a ring of patrol points (Those things hidden under the ground). Once they detect a valid target they disregard their patrol path and chase the target until they have either caught them or lost sight, then they move back to the nearest patrol point.

I think Securitron's should keep their ability to navigate in space, if only to ensure they don't get stuck somewhere easily, not to mention scenarios where a Securitron is in space is very uncommon.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #42902

YOU CANNOT ESCAPE THE LAW
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #42907

I guess that makes sense for Beepsky, sure.

But medibots have wheels how do they work?
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #42915

MisterPerson wrote:I guess that makes sense for Beepsky, sure.

But medibots have wheels how do they work?
Good intentions. Also, the same way a floorbot with wheels literally has to be able to move in space tiles to even function.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #42965

I think it would be fine if they could move in space, just slower than humans.
Maybe space would cause them to enter reinforced mode, moving slower but taking less damage.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #43119

Justice is more important than gravity