Wizards Summoning X

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Durkel
Byond Username: Durkel

Wizards Summoning X

Post by Durkel » #44978

Wizard aren't even trying anymore to do anything but summon shit. It was fun the first couple of times going through these rounds, but now it's just a monotonous cluster fuck of waiting twenty minutes to call the shuttle. I'm not even sure how to fix the problem besides limiting the amount of shit you can summon, but that's not going to stop it anyway.

Can we think about doing something about the spam 5x wizards? Maybe at least set it back to the round ending when the wizard dies?
Sierra Welbe says, "Tim Ebow fucking threw soap everywhere near the HoP office, like I mean 20 fucking goddamn bars AND I CAN'T STOP SLIPPING"
youngbuckliontiger

Re: Wizards Summoning X

Post by youngbuckliontiger » #45022

Wizard round ends when wizard dies even if they used that summoning event x5.
Player name: Rob Ust
Lets have fun in SS13!
I don't play anymore though.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #45045

youngbuckliontiger wrote:Wizard round ends when wizard dies even if they used that summoning event x5.
I'm taking you meant this as a suggestion because the odds of the round ending currently after x5 summon is pretty close to zero thanks to survivors.
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #45067

It checks to see if there's any other antags, so if summon guns/magic was used the round won't end, but if only summon events was used then the round might end if the nations event hadn't run yet. That's why it's better to mix them to some degree.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #45088

Incoming wrote:It checks to see if there's any other antags, so if summon guns/magic was used the round won't end, but if only summon events was used then the round might end if the nations event hadn't run yet. That's why it's better to mix them to some degree.
Or just remove the round-extending property of wizard summons.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #45092

What if summon spells automatically called the shuttle with a 20~30 minute timer so the wizard had to actually get off his ass and do his objectives while the chaos is happening instead of laughing at everyone killing each other all round
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #45093

What paprika said.

Most of the time Wizard's that use a summon spell have no actual intention to accomplish their objectives, and I've never witnessed a Wizard win the round if they used a summon spell.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #45101

Really shouldn't be encouraging that kind of playstyle for wizards, it's almost as bad as 'friendly wizard' who ei naths everyone who doesn't go along with his gimmick and cries powrgamer when he gets dunked.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #45115

paprika wrote:Really shouldn't be encouraging that kind of playstyle for wizards, it's almost as bad as 'friendly wizard' who ei naths everyone who doesn't go along with his gimmick and cries powrgamer when he gets dunked.
Last time there was a friendly wizard I shot him for of plasma,mutagen, and radium. Nothing says fuck you like becoming retarded and unable to use yours spells.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #45116

Oh no the antag is SHARING!
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #45117

RG4 wrote:Last time there was a friendly wizard I shot him for of plasma,mutagen, and radium. Nothing says fuck you like becoming retarded and unable to use yours spells.
Last time there was a friendly wizard, I spawned another one.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #45120

Violaceus wrote:There should be a camera console in wizards den for wizards who want to provide fun for crew and watch the chaos.
If you want to observe the round there's a button for that that doesn't take up an antag slot.
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #45130

Saegrimr wrote:
RG4 wrote:Last time there was a friendly wizard I shot him for of plasma,mutagen, and radium. Nothing says fuck you like becoming retarded and unable to use yours spells.
its so nonsensical to me that you're allowed to be a friendly wizard despite the fact that literally nobody likes them and that admins have to do shit like this to make up for it
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #45133

Some wet blanket always calls the shuttle during a summoning wizard anyways, a force call seems redundant. The same goes for auto ending the round if antags still exist. Let the people have a little fun while the shuttle comes.

Playing wizard isn't only about winning or using an optimal load out. If it was I'd remove every spell that wasn't jaunt, el nath, and magic missile. Sometimes it's about shenanigans or self imposed challenges.

Maybe I could impose some sort of limiter on going full x5 on a single summoning spell, but I'm not even gonna consider it until I get some hard evidence that the spells are as overused as some people claim they are. The stat page tracks this, but no one has bothered to generate it in months so I can't get a good read on the scope of what's happening.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #45140

Incoming wrote:Let the people have a little fun while the shuttle comes.
To be fair, this same kind of argument is used to justify literally everything and anything and is entirely subjective.
omnitricks

Post by omnitricks » #45177

Implying summon magic x5 or summon guns x5 doesn't work for your objectives or survival. I actually do it because it works given time and patience and have succeeded because of it. The chaos I get to see is a bonus.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #45184

miggles wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:
its so nonsensical to me that you're allowed to be a friendly wizard despite the fact that literally nobody likes them and that admins have to do shit like this to make up for it
You know that if the moment admins started antag banning or encouraging people to go on mad wizard sprees and do their objectives, the wizards would cry OPPRESSING MY ROLEPLAY! which misses the entire point of the gamemode imo
Intigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by Intigracy » #45280

Last edited by Intigracy on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #45303

paprika wrote:
miggles wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:
You know that if the moment admins started antag banning or encouraging people to go on mad wizard sprees and do their objectives, the wizards would cry OPPRESSING MY ROLEPLAY! which misses the entire point of the gamemode imo
p sure the whole point of giving a single person immense kill potential is so theyll kill people but idk
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #45320

Or just increase wizard probability so we can see more of both. Maybe talk to the host.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #45333

Wizards used to have a higher probability than anything else barring traitor and changeling (i think)

It was awful
Durkel
Byond Username: Durkel

Post by Durkel » #45433

paprika wrote:Wizards used to have a higher probability than anything else barring traitor and changeling (i think)

It was awful
Only the dead can known peace from a seven wizard round in a row streak
Sierra Welbe says, "Tim Ebow fucking threw soap everywhere near the HoP office, like I mean 20 fucking goddamn bars AND I CAN'T STOP SLIPPING"
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #46871

whodaloo wrote:
Violaceus wrote:There should be a camera console in wizards den for wizards who want to provide fun for crew and watch the chaos.
If you want to observe the round there's a button for that that doesn't take up an antag slot.
#rekt
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #46875

Just use the Scything Orb, it lets you ghost out and watch the station from the safety of your lair.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #46879

Steelpoint wrote:Just use the Scything Orb.
to aid with the crops?
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #49409

Summon X rounds are my single most enjoyable roundtype.

Then again, when I roll wizard, I usually make a wizard squad, and then maybe summon something to finish.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.