Random hardcore feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

Moderators: MisterPerson, Code Maintainers

Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer

Byond Username: Qustinnus

Random hardcore feedback

Postby Qustinnus » Mon May 11, 2020 3:19 am #561383

Leave your feedback about hardcore random mode here. Or post ideas for new additions.

I saw that name randomization broke, so I'll fix that soon

Tlaltecuhtli

Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Re: Random hardcore feedback

Postby Tlaltecuhtli » Mon May 11, 2020 9:17 am #561418

why cant i have hardcore + static name /apparence on a rp game

does braindead on shuttle pod give you points?

does latejoining count?

is it server based or global points?

XivilaiAnaxes

Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Postby XivilaiAnaxes » Mon May 11, 2020 10:19 am #561420

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:why cant i have hardcore + static name /apparence on a rp game

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:make it random name only then because having green afro, purple beard black woman only ruins rp and is only a detriment of this choice of action
Last edited by XivilaiAnaxes on Mon May 11, 2020 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer

Postby Qustinnus » Mon May 11, 2020 11:17 am #561421

because the point of hardcore random is roleplaying as someone who isnt your character and that you are assuming the role of a character you don't have influence on, allowing people who are interested in it to have a random character where they can fill in the blanks and create an interesting personality around their characteristics. I'm assuming your static doesn't magically get disabilities on a round-per-round basis either.

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:does braindead on shuttle pod give you points?

does latejoining count?

is it server based or global points?

1. not sure

2. no

3. global

Tlaltecuhtli

Postby Tlaltecuhtli » Mon May 11, 2020 12:07 pm #561424

>because the point of hardcore random is roleplaying as someone who isnt your character and that you are assuming the role of a character you don't have influence on, allowing people who are interested in it to have a random character where they can fill in the blanks and create an interesting personality around their characteristics. I'm assuming your static doesn't magically get disabilities on a round-per-round basis either.

make it random name only then because having green afro, purple beard black woman only ruins rp and is only a detriment of this choice of action

Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer

Postby Qustinnus » Mon May 11, 2020 5:20 pm #561449

no, I will consider making the random characters less shit though

Tlaltecuhtli

Postby Tlaltecuhtli » Tue May 12, 2020 6:44 pm #561571

lower the chance of blindness or just make it give 100 points on its own, its the only thing that made me prefer afking or suiciding if rounds last more than 20min, while other bad quirks provide any form of interest or challege this one only gives you boredom, eye sore as it also MAKES EVERYTHING FUCKING GRAY AND GIVES YOU COLOR GLITCHES OF BLUE FLASHINGS OVERTIME and lack of uniqueness

Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer

Postby Qustinnus » Wed May 13, 2020 11:44 am #561689

i'll consider doing that

Armhulen
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: Armhulen

Postby Armhulen » Thu May 14, 2020 5:00 am #561763

i'm also wishing random characters were less erratic. when I was enabling anonymous mode, the biggest complaint was that people got ugly characters
rude on forums, nice on discord! haha no im just full on bitter now

Anuv wrote:admin punishment today, beaten to an inch of your life tomorrow.

support my friends website

Fatal
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: FatalX1

Postby Fatal » Thu May 14, 2020 8:13 am #561771

Blindness was fine when I had it, deafness gives you a much worse penalty in my opinion
It would be nice if it didn't force you as a human every time also
Other than that it's great

However, perhaps change the "all or nothing" approach, right now you have to evac on the shuttle to get any points (I haven't tried the escape pods)

If a round ends without the shuttle leaving you get no points, perhaps you could earn 50% of the points for rounds ending like this?

wesoda25

Byond Username: Wesoda25

Postby wesoda25 » Thu May 14, 2020 8:20 am #561773

I don’t get the complaints, isn’t being ugly part of hardcore? Why complain?
How Much Does Crushed Stone Delivery Cost?

Summary: Gravel Delivery Prices
Minus crushed rock costs $12-$35 per cubic yard while clean crushed rock costs $30-$50 per cubic yard. Delivery and spreading can double those prices. However, the more material you order, the less the total cost. Delivery is usually free of charge up to 10 miles.

Relevant: https://www.kompareit.com/homeandgarden ... stone1.png

Crushed rock is a type of gravel that has been mechanically broken down into small pieces and sorted by size. It is a highly versatile product, used for driveways, pathways, flower beds or as a base for concrete, pavers, asphalt, retaining walls, sheds or foundations.

Crushed rock is a very strong and durable material, and it offers great traction. It is available for delivery by the cubic yard, typically by landscaping supply companies that also sell products such as mulch, sand and soil.

About Crushed Rock Delivery
There are two basic types of crushed rocks: minus and clean. Both are available in a variety of sizes and colors, but they are used differently.

1. Any crushed rock with the word minus in the description (3/4-inch minus, for example) will also contain smaller pieces of rock, dirt and/or sand. This type packs down tightly, making it ideal for established driveways without drainage problems, as well as a base material for porches, patios, walkways, driveways and the like.
  2. Clean crushed rock does not have the smaller pieces of rock, dirt and/or sand. If it is advertised as 1/4 inch, all pieces are that size. Because clean crushed rock does not pack down tightly, it is not ideal as a base. But it is great for new driveways or those with drainage problems. It also works well for decorative pathways, walkways, plant beds and flower beds.

If you’re unsure of which type to buy, ask a professional, particularly if you have problems such as excessive erosion, improper drainage or muddy conditions.

Crushed rock is typically sold by the cubic yard (27 square feet). Before you place an order, you’ll have to url=https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/construction/square-footage-calculator.php]determine the square footage of the area you need to covero/url] and how deep you want the rock to be. As a guideline, one cubic yard covers about 324 square feet, one inch deep. Similarly, it covers 162 square feet, 2 inches deep.

pPea Gravel Cost
Expect to pay between around $35 per cubic yard or $40 to $45 per ton for pea gravel delivery. The price will decrease significantly for large quantities of pea gravel. If you are looking for a color other than gray, the cost will increase.

Pea gravel is a small hard stone that is about the size of a pea. The most common size is 3/8 inch. It is smooth and generally round with no sharp edges. It is frequently used in home gardening and decorative landscaping projects such as accenting flower beds and gardens.

Cost of Crushed Rock Delivery
The price of crushed rock depends on the type and size you select, and the amount. It is also heavily influenced by your geographic location. Prices in big cities are easily double what they are in many rural areas.

1. Minus crushed rock is less expensive, ranging from about $12-$35 per cubic yard, not including delivery or spreading.
  2. Clean crushed rock usually ranges in price from $30-$50 per cubic yard, also not including delivery or spreading.

Delivery and spreading charges vary, too, but in many cases they will double the price. The more you order, however, the less per cubic yard delivery charges will be.

Source: https://www.kompareit.com/homeandgarden ... costs.html

Tlaltecuhtli

Postby Tlaltecuhtli » Thu May 14, 2020 10:33 am #561789

greentexting on hardcore should give you points (with all gamemodes)

Cobby

Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Postby Cobby » Thu May 14, 2020 3:01 pm #561803

Random in general should be tamer/more sensible, I don't think that's really a feature of hardcore except that it uses the system to generate its characters
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

EOBGames

Byond Username: EOBGames

Postby EOBGames » Thu May 14, 2020 5:09 pm #561811

Even just some basic sanity checks in the character randomiser, like beards and hair always matching in colour, and less chance of crazy hair colours showing up would make the end result much better.
Everyone's favourite internewt. (Shitty) coder, (shitty) spriter, and (less shitty) mapper. I contribute high-tier shitposts that ruin people's lives.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord: @EOBGames#1314

Flatulent

Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Postby Flatulent » Thu May 14, 2020 9:52 pm #561829

crew wanting to kill you for looking like a Christmas tree on acid should be considered part of hardcore component
bindy liberation front
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries

cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post

cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.

Fatal
In-Game Admin

Postby Fatal » Fri May 15, 2020 5:00 pm #561903

One thing I would like to see

In the scoreboard at the end, list the traits the hardcore people had, it saying "X survived as X and earned X points" doesn't mean a great deal

Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer

Postby Qustinnus » Sat May 16, 2020 1:34 pm #561996

Fatal wrote:One thing I would like to see

In the scoreboard at the end, list the traits the hardcore people had, it saying "X survived as X and earned X points" doesn't mean a great deal

Awesome idea, I'll add it :)

cacogen

Byond Username: Cacogen

Postby cacogen » Mon May 18, 2020 11:07 pm #562111

blindness is pretty heckin hXc but why would you want to play as that. i thought the fun was surviving and not getting through a whole round not being able to do anything

BONERMASTER

Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Postby BONERMASTER » Tue May 19, 2020 2:56 am #562116

I tried it now a couple of times. I like the idea, I want to see a high score board that keeps track of points across all rounds, though, there are a few things that piss me off big time.

First of all, what everyone else said: maximum melanin, green afro hair and pirate beard makes me want to close my game window. Fuck your stupid system for min-maxing every god damn value it looks at. With just a bit of tweaking you could roll a random character and not be a substitute for the clown.
Traits and quirks are an understatement. Random hardcore wildly grabs traits, but usually a lot of negative ones. I found that they are brutal handicaps, especially if you're playing a headrole or security. From blindness, mute, social anxiety, schizo, everything is in there, and I rolled these as warden. Either I was sperging out on the ground, jugging pills or visibly shaking from anxiety, unable to talk. I turned the mode off now when I play security or heads, because the negative traits derail my game way too much and it just makes me butthurt. And compared to an assistant that could just lock himself in the toilet for two hours, watch youtube and then come back and board the shuttle, I would have to struggle with a gimped character the entire time, and we would still make the same amount of points. So, I really do like the concept, and I know you're going to tweak and improve it to be as good as it can be, just as it is right now, it's not worth it for me.
Twottle_Birb wrote:at least im not a faggot lol Image

Spoiler:
Remember the Takov.

Mickyan
Github User

Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Postby Mickyan » Tue May 19, 2020 4:02 pm #562144

It would help in general if we had natural hair color presets at character creation and then used those for random characters
ImageI play as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.

cacogen

Postby cacogen » Tue May 19, 2020 5:43 pm #562152

would be good if you could choose from multiple randomly generated appearances, they aren't always bad. also certain traits should be blacklisted due to how severely they impact your ability to play. as i said earlier it should be a test of skill and not ability to tolerate not being able to do anything for 40+ minutes

Fatal
In-Game Admin

Postby Fatal » Wed May 20, 2020 8:41 am #562216

I don't think anything should be blacklisted but, they should give you significantly more points

The majority of traits are passive, bad, but passive

However, brain tumour gives you a lot to manage properly, especially if you aren't working in medical, or you can hope medical knows how to deal with you, the one time I wasn't playing medical and did have a brain tumour, they fucked up my revival pretty badly and left me in the morgue

Also the junkie addictions are different to manage, and can be pretty nasty, especially crank

I'm not sure if it's possible to get deaf and blind in the same round but, that should probably not be a thing also

oranges
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Postby oranges » Thu May 21, 2020 12:48 am #562320

I think you're donuts

BeeSting12
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Postby BeeSting12 » Fri May 22, 2020 5:53 am #562473

Please prevent heads/sec from getting this. Turns them into a literal loot pinata, this shouldn't have a negative effect on other people's rounds.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day

[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))

hows my driving?

Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer

Postby Qustinnus » Fri May 22, 2020 1:32 pm #562501

Headmins said sec was fine

cacogen

Postby cacogen » Sat May 23, 2020 1:53 am #562553

all a trait like blindness is good for is roleplaying. there's no point in ending up sec if you're blind because there's no way you can your job.

PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Postby PKPenguin321 » Tue May 26, 2020 4:40 am #562812

Qustinnus wrote:Headmins said sec was fine

but does your heart say it?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:

Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer

Postby Qustinnus » Tue May 26, 2020 8:05 am #562832

no i might just remove it from sec

Return to Coding Feedback