How lethal should SS13 be?

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

How lethal should SS13 be?

Extremely Lethal
35%
Lethal
43%
Average
15%
Safe
2%
Extremely Safe
5%

Total votes: 88

Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: How lethal should SS13 be?

Post by Wyzack » #96277

Bottom post of the previous page:

We are at an interesting point with power. On one hand the singulo is pretty easy to set, incredibly easy to release, and our alternative in solar power has no real downsides. We have the supermatter, which is dangerous to a lesser degree than the singulo and requires some upkeep. One school of thought is that we replace the singulo with the supermatter.

On one hand this will prevent round end by black hole, which happens incredibly often even on server 2.
The opposing argument is that running from ol singuloth is a fun, time honored ss13 tradition we should not mess with. I think that it might be a nice idea to trial, especially if we are making extra deadliness in other ways.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #96327

Wyzack wrote:We are at an interesting point with power. On one hand the singulo is pretty easy to set, incredibly easy to release, and our alternative in solar power has no real downsides. We have the supermatter, which is dangerous to a lesser degree than the singulo and requires some upkeep. One school of thought is that we replace the singulo with the supermatter.

On one hand this will prevent round end by black hole, which happens incredibly often even on server 2.
The opposing argument is that running from ol singuloth is a fun, time honored ss13 tradition we should not mess with. I think that it might be a nice idea to trial, especially if we are making extra deadliness in other ways.
How about just making singuloth harder to release? Like, make it so that emitters are wirelessly powered instead of snippable from engineering, releasing it immediately when you're a safe distance away? Or maybe, make emitters have battery power, so that once the wires are cut, they'll continue operating for a couple minutes?

It is a kinda boring way of ending the round, but creative uses are possible (e.g. CE releasing singuloth as the last head on a rev-infested station while the revs try to break into engineering, voice analyzer PA to 2 release, from the brig etc.).
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #96331

More lethal
Pls
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered