Assistant Maint

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: Assistant Maint

Post by lumipharon » #58833

Bottom post of the previous page:

Violaceus wrote:I know that and my posts were made with that knowledge.

And my opinion is still to not overuse this feature.

In Box it is:
"Hm by giving this person security access I give him security access"

on metastation, as I remember it was:
"Hm by giving this person security access I give him security, 1/4 of maintenance, and maybe even chemistry, who knows".
Security was the same as any other department. If you have access to the brig, you can get in and out of the brig via the main doors, and the most direct path through maint only.
There was for a while (or maybe still is though) a thing where the maint door above medbay/below library, and the back library room maint door (not the other maint door though) had no access requirements at all.

Meta station had logical access, but towards the end a few doors got merged in terms of access (doctors could access chem, robo and R&D could access each other etc), due to often being lowpop.
Snakebutt

Re: Assistant Maint

Post by Snakebutt » #58859

lumipharon wrote:
Violaceus wrote:I know that and my posts were made with that knowledge.

And my opinion is still to not overuse this feature.

In Box it is:
"Hm by giving this person security access I give him security access"

on metastation, as I remember it was:
"Hm by giving this person security access I give him security, 1/4 of maintenance, and maybe even chemistry, who knows".
Security was the same as any other department. If you have access to the brig, you can get in and out of the brig via the main doors, and the most direct path through maint only.
There was for a while (or maybe still is though) a thing where the maint door above medbay/below library, and the back library room maint door (not the other maint door though) had no access requirements at all.

Meta station had logical access, but towards the end a few doors got merged in terms of access (doctors could access chem, robo and R&D could access each other etc), due to often being lowpop.
Imo doctors should have chem access regardless because of all the retards who use every last drop of power making LSD, spacedrugs and thermite. I need to step in and backhand their burnout asses.