About mutant races

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Re: About mutant races

Post by Jacquerel » #134985

Bottom post of the previous page:

Saegrimr wrote:I just want to watch someone try to ERP with a plasmaman, forgetting its a plasmaman, and fucking ignite eachother once the jumpsuit comes off.
These are the flames of my passion.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #134997

I believe that lizards/cat-people are hated because people associate them with "furry" fetish communities, which are viewed in a negative light themselves. It is an extension of the behavior found in high and middle school children, who ostracize the others based on traits or preferences that differ from their own. As this practice is not openly tolerated in real world public space, the opportunity to express a modified version of the behavior is present here in this community; An opportunity that is used as frequently as possible.

Plasmamen, on the other hand, have no such associations. Furthermore, flaming skeletons are much more accepted as masculine and 'cool' than lizards or cat-people. I expect their addition to be well met once any balance issues are ironed out.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #135032

I think there's also a legitimate fear of a slippery slope. People enjoy a human-centric science fiction setting, and that can be lost on other servers. Take this screenshot for example:

Big slug/snake people? Some sort of fox in the lower left? A lizard with a really fat tail at the bottom centre? Even the captain looks like he might have furry ears.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #135035

I think there might be a fear of one, I wouldn't say that there's a legitimate fear of one.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #135057

Jacquerel wrote:I think there might be a fear of one, I wouldn't say that there's a legitimate fear of one.
It's legitimised by it happening on other servers. Were it not for the ceaseless guardians of human supremacy, we might all become slugs overnight!
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #135091

Cheimon wrote:It's legitimised by it happening on other servers. Were it not for the ceaseless guardians of human supremacy, we might all become slugs overnight!
You're welcome
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #135093

Gun Hog wrote:I believe that lizards/cat-people are hated because people associate them with "furry" fetish communities, which are viewed in a negative light themselves. It is an extension of the behavior found in high and middle school children, who ostracize the others based on traits or preferences that differ from their own. As this practice is not openly tolerated in real world public space, the opportunity to express a modified version of the behavior is present here in this community; An opportunity that is used as frequently as possible.
What kind of delusional armchair psychology nonsense is this?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #135111

Gun Hog wrote:I believe that lizards/cat-people are hated because people associate them with "furry" fetish communities, which are viewed in a negative light themselves. It is an extension of the behavior found in high and middle school children, who ostracize the others based on traits or preferences that differ from their own. As this practice is not openly tolerated in real world public space, the opportunity to express a modified version of the behavior is present here in this community; An opportunity that is used as frequently as possible.
shitpost of the year
maybe it's not because we all have suppressed psychological issues, but because the """""""""""""""""roleplay""""""""""""""""" that comes with mutantraces ("you are not the same race as me! fuck you! haha i love to rp") is stupid and uninteresting as fuck and detracts from the game?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #135118

i dunno why people say that pkpenguin most of the time when i roleplay with lizardoids they're polite to me and catmongers are just humans that go "nya" sometimes and can be bribed with boxes full of dead rats.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #135125

PKPenguin321 wrote:
shitpost of the year
maybe it's not because we all have suppressed psychological issues, but because the """""""""""""""""roleplay""""""""""""""""" that comes with mutantraces ("you are not the same race as me! fuck you! haha i love to rp") is stupid and uninteresting as fuck and detracts from the game?
Mutantraces aren't the ones who do that """""""""""""""""roleplay""""""""""""""""", though. It's the humans who start anti-lizard riots and shout "ligger".
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #135128

As a lizard player, I don't give two shits if someone calls me a ligger. That's like somebody calling you a faggot in real life, you just ignore them or laugh it off. The real problems start when they actually start acting on their racism.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #135130

TheNightingale wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
shitpost of the year
Mutantraces aren't the ones who do that """""""""""""""""roleplay""""""""""""""""", though. It's the humans who start anti-lizard riots and shout "ligger".
there wouldn't be anti-lizard riots without lizards. if you want to know how i know this because i remember playing before lizards were a roundstart option
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #135132

PKPenguin321 wrote:
TheNightingale wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
shitpost of the year
there wouldn't be anti-lizard riots without lizards. if you want to know how i know this because i remember playing before lizards were a roundstart option
Back when there was only one Lizard, Jon Riker the Janitor, and he was one of the good ones!
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #135134

Guys, there wouldn't be a game without the station
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #135140

There wouldn't be greytiding without greyshirts either.

Lets make them all rainbow colored instead. [/paprika]
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #135142

PKPenguin321 wrote:
TheNightingale wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
shitpost of the year
haha you faggot i remember when lizards were adminspawn only and there were still bloody race wars
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #135164

fight me irl cragfag
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #135187