Catpeople

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Re: Catpeople

Post by Zilenan91 » #135393

Bottom post of the previous page:

Tsaricide hasn't posted in this thread...
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #135460

The part of the community that bothered to post in the PR was split 50/50 among whether or not the PR should be merged. That is why I personally advocated to keep them as a "joke" option for admins, with a config option that would default to off. To make it easy for admins to use the joke, I added the "Toggle Purrbation" button. It was intended to be used on shitlers to declare them valid. I didn't really expect the button to be used on request, I probably was a bit daft at the time.

Anyway... That's still how catpeople seem to be used on this server: as a joke. And until the opinion of the community changes about them, it should stay that way.

The button could really use a better name though, Or better yet, a window that lets admins edit any of your accessory bodyparts.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #135486

Personally, I think mutations making you valid could fit the sci-fi theme well. After all, what good citizen doesn't beware mutants, aliens, and heretics?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #135501

In the lore, humans actually massacred all aliens aside from Lizards.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #135503

>lore

Need I get Oranges to visit this thread?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #135505

Literally the lore on the wiki states this
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #135510

Are you daft? Just because tsaricide didn't post in the thread, doesn't mean he doesn't have the opinion that catpeople are valid, either way kor is changing the code to make them not valid so rip
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #135511

I'd never heard tsar say that catpeople are valid, mostly because we're not exactly on good terms and I don't like interacting with him.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #135512

Lore on the wiki is bad fanfiction/a 40k rip off.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #135519

remember when we added catbeasts claiming it'd never be common or enabled
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #135556

Fuck off goofball half of us wanted them anyway
Players can and will create their own fun.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #135635

lore is only one character away from vore

never forget, lore leads to bad things.