Req_Access via List or separated items

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

Moderators: MisterPerson, Code Maintainers

User avatar
Penguaro
 
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:38 pm
Location: Chicago, IL - US
Byond Username: Penguaro

Req_Access via List or separated items

Postby Penguaro » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:48 pm #268567

Hi folks!

So I'm working on an issue involving access to a AI-Upload on Delta and I'm data-mining the way req_access works. I have a mystery that is probably very obvious but my inexperience with DM is blinding me.

So a RD has access_minisat which is 65 and access_ai_upload which is 16.

The turret control on the minisat foyer has a req_access variable of a /list containing the single value of 65
The turret control for the ai-upload has a req_access variable of a /list containing the single value of 16

RD can unlock the ai-upload turret control but not the minisat turret control. Nor can the Captain.
If I remove the /list and make it a direct req_access = 65, the RD can unlock the panel.

I've tried spot digging through historical changes to see why a /list used was used over just the value and have had no success. Can anyone shed any light on why this standard was used for turret controls or where you recommend I look? And of course, why a /list of 65 would not allow the same access as just 65?

Thanks for all your help! This is great game!



PostThis post was deleted by ShizCalev on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:19 pm.

User avatar
Penguaro
 
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:38 pm
Location: Chicago, IL - US
Byond Username: Penguaro

Re: Req_Access via List or separated items

Postby Penguaro » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:32 pm #269335

In researching this I've determined that problem is the list under req_access is formatted as multi-line text and not as a number. This isn't visible through the mapeditor as far as I can see. Having scoured the map files, this only seem to have affected the turret controls as well as the shield generators for Toxins (toxins was fixed in a PR) Whatever caused this I am unable to determine. One immediate fix is to re-write the access to req_access_txt instead of req_access = list(blah). If someone can suggest a more elegant solution, I'm open to it.


Return to Coding Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]