Borg "Speedwagon" free access piggyback rides

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Re: Borg "Speedwagon" free access piggyback rides

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #284941

Bottom post of the previous page:

I really want to attach a saddle to betsy in metatstation garden area and then steer her around now. Either that or lazarus a goliath & do the same.

The offtopicness ITT is getting a little silly now. But we got a response from the creator who seems to grasp the cause for concern and is willing to make changes so essentially this i guess is resolved.

Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #285851

Doctor Pork wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Doctor Pork wrote:
imblyings wrote:the only constructive thing that has come from this thread really has been the lack of one-shot flintlock pistols in this game, shiny cuirasses and helmets being mentioned
Honestly, I'm surprised we dont have these.
We don't because we already have single shot sawed off shotguns that do the same thing.
Ability to wear a bandolier of sawn-off singleshots when?
Ability to put them into pockets when?
Remove the pointless homemade poopguns and add the Gentleman's Choice when.
i'm no gentleman, so what
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #286411

Another reason i partly dislike co-operative borg/traitor partnerships as close as riding on their backs is that it reminds me a LOT of the days of when holoparasite stands used to be a constant antagonist threat until they were removed from traitorous objects.

Its the fact that you are double-teamed by a mob either hiding in plain sight, or standing on the same tile is very frustrating because of 1v1 combat is completely off balance when you can basically matryoshka doll antagonists, where another opponent to your fight suddenly jumps & and stuns you or adds double amounts of damage on-top of what the other person may have been doling out already due to independent movement and thought without actually compromising on positioning space like you & your backup.

Anybody who knows from fighting the legion boss, or the smaller and weaker legion mobs can attest to how much a pain in the ass a swarm of even 1 hit mobs can be, and this is a about 75 health (and armored) person ontop of a 200 health borg. Its a really bullshit giant all access Russian doll.
Anonmare wrote:Then you better not fuck up

Bumping this, i stopped a borg & rider duo the other day, i managed to stun baton the rider, i can't remember if i flashbanged or not but otherwise the rider was down. THE BORG STILL DRAGGED THEM AWAY BEFORE I COULD SWITCH TO MY FLASH TO DEAL WITH THE BORG, reee, feelsbadman. How am i meant to stop a stun impervious opponent when the new flashes are stronger but break often, and flashbangs are clumsy & limited supply? And also deal with the human element simultaneously.

- Can i just re-cite whether space law clause in which you are feeling threated extends to borgs so you can valid them if they are carrying away a assailant? I can't brig a borg for partaking in a crime and otherwise perhaps following its laws, and the most likelyhood is that its rogue in the first place.
Just reminding ourselves that medical borgs, engineering borgs and peacekeeper borgs are the most annoying types to deal with because engineer borgs simply delete or crowbar powerless doors, medical borgs keep the rider alive and peacekeeper borgs can REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF DAMAGE THE RIDER TAKES WITH DAMPENERS AND RETURN STAMINA DESTROYING DRUG INJECTIONS literally the new secborg albiet a more passive supportive secborg, has cuffs too when emagged so the rider can shoot you with a taser, borg cuffs and takes you away.

Spoiler:
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #304780

You cant ride PKborgs when they turn their dampener on, it instastuns the rider.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #304822

Isn't a necessity (I didn't know that thank you) but effectively they can save their master from harm by dragging with the dampener.

Spoiler:
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #304932

i didnt read this thread but is it really so bad that you can ride on the borg when pulling accomplishes the same thing except you get both your hands?
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #305184

BeeSting12 wrote:i didnt read this thread but is it really so bad that you can ride on the borg when pulling accomplishes the same thing except you get both your hands?
Yes, loads antagonists onto the same tile as the borg without the normal difficulties of piggy backing onto another human being (such as not being stun immune meaning melee tackling causes both people to fall down), and can load people onto themselves. Basic meta is to zoom into restricted areas (which is NOT OK) and unload the rider to shoot security in the back with a taser then the borg covers by bolting & opening doors until the antag is done, and zip out of there leaving no door entry fingerprints, often very fast.

> Borg has all access, its module items, stun & fire immunity, quite fast

Spoiler: