New blood cult ending

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

New blood cult ending

Post by Bombadil » #296743

FUCKING INCREDIBLE. THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN WAITING FOR THE SHUTTLE TO GO TO CENTCOMM FOR 6 MINUTES

Also new harvester sprites are pretty gud
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: New blood cult ending

Post by Armhulen » #296748

please make nar'sie's arm not move around like that it looks gay

other than that it's fantastic good work
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #296749

What changed precisely?
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #296752

Luke Cox wrote:What changed precisely?
The ending
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #297148

Bombadil wrote:FUCKING INCREDIBLE. THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN WAITING FOR THE SHUTTLE TO GO TO CENTCOMM FOR 6 MINUTES

Also new harvester sprites are pretty gud
Im happy to hear you like it. It was something I've had in the works for a while. I'm not an artist (or a coder for that matter) so I have to work pretty hard to get this stuff together - but it's always worth it if it makes the game better.
Armhulen wrote:please make nar'sie's arm not move around like that it looks gay

other than that it's fantastic good work
I'm not totally satisfied either. I spent a lot of time tweaking the cinematic but its still a little awkward. The biggest problem is we have one Nar'Sie sprite and I'm nowhere near good enough to try and actually animate new angles for Narnar so that the movement/turning/etc. seems completely natural.

If any spriters are reading this, feel free to take a crack at anything I do as long as it doesn't change the spirit of icon/animation.
Luke Cox wrote:What changed precisely?
Once Nar'sie is spawned you get a new message and a 3 minute timer. Nar'sie basically has a list of surviving crew members on the station and the (new, much more powerful) harvesters need to get at least 60% of the survivors back to Nar'sie before the 3 minutes is up. Either at 60% or 3 minutes, whichever happens first, the self destruct sequence begins with the nuke alarm, the 3 second timer animation begins, but the outcome drastically changes depending on whether the harvesters hit 60%. Both endings count as Major victories since Nar'Sie is summoned and the station done for, but one definitely "feels" a lot better.

Theres a lot of details too, the harvesters a lot more fun to play and they have a tracker that lets them hunt survivors (actually broken ATM but fix is ready for merging), all the harvesters are cult again and its generally just a faster more exciting conclusion to the Bloodcult as opposed to 6 minutes of red farts on a shuttle.
Last edited by Oldman Robustin on Mon May 22, 2017 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #297153

Wish there was a video of it, I oft seem to miss cult rounds, or at least one's where that ending is achieved.
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #297155

Steelpoint wrote:Wish there was a video of it, I oft seem to miss cult rounds, or at least one's where that ending is achieved.
I mean its in our game files (albeit it previews in a tiiiny screen with no sound).
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #298252

basically nar'sie stops the nuke with blood magic, then eats all the stars.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #298315

I have some feedback.

When the cult wins and you get the call to evacuate, I think it should be made more clear that you are meant to abandon ship manually. I thought I had to sit in a escape pod and wait for it to launch, not to launch it manually.

Also I think there should be a timer until the nuke detonates, or fails to detonate.

I would also imagine a nuke would stop nar sie but I digress.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #298317

>An explosion obeying the laws of physics can defeat The Geometer of Blood from another dimension

ummm, no.
Also the nuke never actually goes off, she stops it.
私は完璧
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #298319

It does if not enough of the crew are harvested, if that happens good ole Nar Sie fails to stop the nuke in time.

I would imagine losing the station does not physically hurt her, but it destroys her main tie to our dimension, thus she would get thrown back to whence she came.
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #298320

No, once she's summoned she doesn't need a tie anymore, the cultists have done their job, she's here now to stay.
私は完璧
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #298325

Really it's all down to personal head canon.

Though she does look all lonely if you blow up the station.

Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #298328

Aha! Lonely perhaps, but she's still there!
steelpoint 0 narsie 1
私は完璧
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #298332

Amusingly the new lore text indicates Central Command/Nanotrasen is at least aware of the existence of the more insidious affairs of the blood cult and even has a entire division on standby to ascertain and resolve any invasion scenarios. (Round start the NT security division is only aware of the more surface parts of the blood cult, that they use some form of magic (implied to be tech/mutation based) and it involves blood and sacrifices, shown from the round start comms intercept report).

When the round ends in a cult victory a message is received to the station.
An acausal dimensional event has been detected in your sector. Event has been flagged EXTINCTION-CLASS. Directing all available assets toward simulating solutions. SOLUTION ETA: 60 SECONDS.","Central Command Higher Dimensional Affairs
After 60 seconds you get this.
Simulations on acausal dimensional event complete. Deploying solution package now. Deployment ETA: TWO MINUTES. ","Central Command Higher Dimensional Affairs
It seems blowing up the station may offer the best short term solution to Nanotrasen in attempting to resolve the crisis. Now whether its a permanent inhibition preventing Nar Sie from moving on, a temporary set back that only wounds it long enough for reinforcements to arrive or if its utterly worthless are up to the players to decide.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #298334

Well it's still a Major Victory for Nar'sie, so it has to be in her favour still.
私は完璧
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #298335

Well of course, I just like to think the last three minutes determine if Nar Sie's rising is either a major issue that'll plague the deeper regions of space for decades to come, or a more minor issue that only affects the local sector due to her getting blown up during her most exposed vulnerable period of entering our dimension (Its a oft trope that something just entering a new area/exsistance is usually at its most weakest).
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #298337

The truth will be revealed in Cult Ending 3.0: When the you get the best Nar'Sie ending the next round is forced to "The Geometer's Wrath" where Central Command is under attack by countless waves of constructs and cultists while NT charges a device that may be capable of banishing Nar'Sie from our dimension.

Coming in 2024.

I did notice that our code is pretty clear that we're only dealing with an Avatar of Nar'Sie. This could have implications.

On a more serious note while I did put a good deal of effort into the endings, I'm less of an artist than I am a coder and I still rely heavily on just moving around existing pixels. The "nuke goes off" ending was going to have the text be animated before it cuts off and Nar'Sie's appearance wouldve happened more slowly and subtly. The "nuke stopped" ending was far more difficult though, we only have one Nar'Sie icon (well two, but its just different sizes) and it would've taken days for me to try and depict Nar'Sie from even a slightly different angle without making an abomination. So if anyone ever thinks they can improve it, be my guest. Unfortunately we have so few sprite people I'm just having to do what I can. I'm pretty happy with how bling in Gang War turned out though, it does look pretty good/hilarious with most gang outfits.

On the most serious note, admins if you could try and keep an eye on Nar'Sie's "souls_needed" var during the last 3 minutes, I'm still trying to make sure its working as intended. I've seen a couple rounds where it felt like harvesters burnt through the remaining crew but still didn't hit the goal - but who knows. As for the escape pods, I'm sure people will learn over time now that fleeing on a pod has some relationship to the round (though it would help if cult was weighted a little heavier), just yesterday I had a plasmaman who managed to launch himself and 2 harvesters (I was one) to lavaland by strategically waiting until we had boarded before launching.
Last edited by Oldman Robustin on Wed May 24, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #298338

Oh, yes. that is very true.
私は完璧
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #298343

nar-sie will be summoned into this plane unless you stop misspelling her name jesus fuck the apostrophe triggers the shit outta me
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #298395

DemonFiren wrote:nar-sie will be summoned into this plane unless you stop misspelling her name jesus fuck the apostrophe triggers the shit outta me
Sier-an
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #298424

Narssy
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #298441

What do new harvester sprites look like?
Bring back papercult.

Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #298758

InsaneHyena wrote:What do new harvester sprites look like?
Like the old ones but not as long and they have red spikes coming out of their back
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #298795

When I add sprites its always a hack job. New harvesters have pincers and are spikier. They're an improvement (I couldn't stand the idea that we'd have the old floating turds running around hacking off limbs despite having no appendages) but I would never turn away anyone's improvements on my icons.
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #298813

it would be cool if achieving a cinematic ending (nar-sie snuffs out the lights) would make the next round have different space tiles that had no stars or some shit like that so it actually means something
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #298820

We need to make an ending cinematic for every mode.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #298825

If you're prepared to either sprite or pay someone to make good qualify ending cinematics for every round type, it would be quite easy to implement them.

Hell I'd pay for seeing cinematics based on who won a round type, see revs running wild with a dead Captain in the background.
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #298866

Its pretty feasible to give revs an ending where it shows the (scaled up) icons of each head in their respective uniforms hanging from the rafters in front of the brig or something (a mix of art and in-game icons).

Or vice-versa for Revheads.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #299246

All the heads put on meatspikes in front of the brig while the revheads stand in the foreground looking at them. Reverse if the heads won.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Leon962
Byond Username: Leon962

Post by Leon962 » #299411

ShadowDimentio wrote:All the heads put on meatspikes in front of the brig while the revheads stand in the foreground looking at them. Reverse if the heads won.
Alternatively, the heads being dragged off to some room for "re-education"
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #299419

You know how in Mario world where he runs into the castle and puts up a good boy flav and fireworks go off? Rev should do that. If heads win there should be a picture of the rev heads with condoms stretched over their heads and being marched to the gallows.