robustin gang overhaul frankenstein's PR edition

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: robustin gang overhaul big one edition

Post by bandit » #300098

Bottom post of the previous page:

BeeSting12 wrote:This is my main doubt about it. You're basically turning it into a giant team death match, there's no way around that. At least previously there was a bare minimum of roleplay now it feels like it's taking the whole space station part of it away, like it's just a map for the TDM instead of a place for people to do their jobs while antagonists are fighting them.
This, exactly.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #300164

>Be security
>Get shot
Speedmerge the new PR please.
Bring back papercult.

onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #300167

bandit wrote:
BeeSting12 wrote:This is my main doubt about it. You're basically turning it into a giant team death match, there's no way around that. At least previously there was a bare minimum of roleplay now it feels like it's taking the whole space station part of it away, like it's just a map for the TDM instead of a place for people to do their jobs while antagonists are fighting them.
This, exactly.
It was already a giant TDM except some people got shafted by the design because we were trying to pretend it wasn't.

May as well be honest with ourselves in what we are doing as long as we've insisted on bringing gang back. A TDM that admits it isn't SS13 and plays well is better than a TDM that pretends to be SS13 and plays poorly.
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #300177

My only problem is how it outright removes sec.

Everything else is cool
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #300184

>clown has a problem with sec removal
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
bandit

Post by bandit » #300191

Kor wrote:May as well be honest with ourselves in what we are doing as long as we've insisted on bringing gang back. A TDM that admits it isn't SS13 and plays well is better than a TDM that pretends to be SS13 and plays poorly.
or... we could just remove gang? I didn't originally want gang to be removed but if the "solution" to fixing it is completely gutting what makes SS13 unique for the sake of shoehorning in a TDM mode that a lot of people wanted gone in the first place, then there's very little point.

(I'm starting to think gang is one of those modes that only works in high-RP, but then I'm also starting to think that of most modes tbh)

admin feedback pls
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #300205

or... we could just remove gang?
We tried that, remember?
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #300207

We'll have to see how this goes in practice but I'm kinda with Bandit on this, what largely makes SS13 special is it's TTT but with a job to do besides shoot each other. This turns it into just TTT, but TDM.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #300209

If gang is on rev levels of chance to occur then I think this will be fine.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #300218

Kor wrote:
We tried that, remember?
and quite a few people were pleased with that being the case

I don't mind trying to fix gang at all but if it ends up doubling down on "being a TDM" then what's the point? granted I'm not saying scrap it just yet, but this logic doesn't seem quite right to me - this scenario is admittedly a stretch but stungloves were removed long ago, if they somehow got back in you wouldn't shrug your shoulders and say "welp we removed them before but they're back now, nothing we can do"
Limey wrote:its too late.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #300219

Well the people who wanted them gone probably wouldn't but plenty of people would be willing to try it again, especially if there were a bunch of changes with it.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #300265

With all this talk of TDM i keep thinking i saw my name in the posts
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #300383

Give the vigilante's the portals to recruit more people and not the gangs, it gives the gangs a reason to keep the vigilante's around as they will be their only source of recruits, currently vigilantes just get killed off after 5 minutes.

also, Make removing a tag instantly give a vigilante a bit of influence, and have them start with slippery soap as their only weapon.

this will make the vigilante's have a purpose as the basis of recruitment for the gangs as well as a check on gangs taking more territory than they can hold, vigilante's arent really made for holing up and keeping an area clean, they dont have the items for it.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #300420

Qbopper wrote:
Kor wrote:
We tried that, remember?
and quite a few people were pleased with that being the case

I don't mind trying to fix gang at all but if it ends up doubling down on "being a TDM" then what's the point? granted I'm not saying scrap it just yet, but this logic doesn't seem quite right to me - this scenario is admittedly a stretch but stungloves were removed long ago, if they somehow got back in you wouldn't shrug your shoulders and say "welp we removed them before but they're back now, nothing we can do"
If maintainers were getting permabanned for trying to remove stun gloves then yeah I'd probably shrug my shoulders and say it isn't my fault or problem anymore.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #300432

I got permabanned for removing gang? I guess I missed the memo.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #300443

Gang was brought back on a whim with no forethought besides "I had fun once with it."

Yes bring your fucking polls out if you want you know what I said is right.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #300453

D&B wrote:Gang was brought back on a whim with no forethought besides "I had fun once with it."

Poll was unironically rigged by having two different "yes" options
oranges wrote:I got permabanned for removing gang? I guess I missed the memo.
D&B

Post by D&B » #300454

You know the worst thing is if you want as an admin to push a less TDM vibe to the server you're better off axing gang but robustin doesn't deserve to get fucked by the 4th time due to poor handling and re entering of a badly conceived gamemode.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #300455

Robustin lived a hard life
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #300467

I am not advocating that we slash traitor/cult/whatever we consider non-TDM for Gang War. I would be happy seeing it between 6-9%, ideally at the expense of wizard.

I lost the novel I was going to write here so I'll just sum it up with:

I've had some great moments that show what the mode can offer, vigilante play offers paranoia, ad hoc alliances, and just a ton of crazy fights... I got a few other vigilantes to join me in the last round despite having no way to guarantee that we were all loyal. We teamed up not because a giant HUD indicator said we should, but simply out of the sheer chaos of the round. I had some great moments with that group but it was cut short by Cyber Gang snowballing and abusing a bug that gave them an almost insurmountable lead.

The difficulty is primarily in tweaking the numbers of a mode that I don't have much experience with (compared to cult where my experience was probably second to none) and resolving tensions between mechanics that are necessary for a mode like this. On one hand I want a way for players who got ganked <5m into the round to still participate in a meaningful way, but I also need to keep life and death meaningful and not make it feels like a respawning highlander round. I need to have vigilantes be a threat capable of toppling the gangs without making them into a 4th gang like security was. I have to reward gangs for tagging turf and defending their territory but I also have to give other gangs a fair way of reversing the advantage that a bigger gang possesses.

I have a lot of levers I can pull but unfortunately both rounds were marred by major bugs so its difficult to assess. Nevertheless I've got several big changes being committed as I type this that will slow the mode down a little and level the playing field between vigilantes and gangsters and remove the most obnoxious gameplay.

I'm still optimistic that this round will shape up into something really enjoyable, but I would never advocate that it sit over 10% of our rounds.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #300470

Don't touch percentages besides taking some away from traitor and giving it to gang.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #300491

taking some away from traitor
Heresy. Clock cult should bear this burden.
Bring back papercult.

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #300494

InsaneHyena wrote:
it's cuck cult
not cucked cult

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
bandit

Post by bandit » #301019

D&B wrote:Gang was brought back on a whim with no forethought besides "I had fun once with it."

I'm pretty sure Nostradamus himself (a version of Nostradamus who didn't suck ass) could not have predicted the leap from "Let's put gang back in rotation" to "LET'S GET RID OF SECURITY AND THE ARMORY AND THE AI AND, EFFECTIVELY, THE SPACE STATION SETTING."

admin feedback pls
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #301023

Would gang be improved if it just spawned everyone in the CTF Arena, or better yet just make a symmetrical station that is designed to look like a space station but is actually a battle arena.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #301042

InsaneHyena wrote:
I'm also okay with this
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #301044

To be honest I liked gangs before all of these changes. Call me crazy, but I think it was just as good as clock cult if not better, and definitely better than wizard by miles. I didn't want it every round- I don't want any mode every round, even the most extended loving person would agree that extended gets dull after it being there round after round. (which used to be an issue in bagil's config for a while)

I've had some fun times playing gangs, some bad rounds too, but the majority were pretty good. I still think that removing security is a mistake. It gives the gangs a common enemy, like that time me and my metafri- I mean person I spawned next to and tried penning, married our gangs and fought security eventually domming in perma and calling it both of our victory. Actually that's a good story I'll post it sometime, but besides the point.

This isn't "everyone is an antagonist" station, this is /tg/station and we should start acting like it instead of trying to make the game a shitty 2D battlefield.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #301047

why does the forum brigade hate TDM
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #301048

but /tg/station is going to be a shitty 2d battlefield
this is the future you chose

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #301054

iamgoofball wrote:why does the forum brigade hate TDM
4 TDM modes in rotation and 3/4 have dumb feature bloat and barely work
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #301055

do you really think i'll run out of lizards before you run out of babies
because this is what it's gonna turn into

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #301059

Or we can kick both of you out of the thread for shitposting without even playing the goddamn mode.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #301060

iamgoofball wrote:why does the forum brigade hate TDM
There's nothing wrong with TDM, but taking the space station part out and just making the station a fully destructible shell for the team death match instead of people trying to do their jobs while antagonists cause chaos and eventually the whole place breaks down. Taking out an entire job detracts from this part of space station 13 imo and shouldn't be done to "balance" a mode.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #301080

vigilantes are shit
takes way too long to be able to buy soap to do your literal most basic function
gangsters get all their weapons within a few minutes
vigilantes get literally nothing for 10 minutes

edit: actually its the gangs that are way too strong
they get knives near instantly and i just witnessed a band of 3 spray everything in the main halls, buy a dom, buy a turret, and win the round with a 15 minute blitzkrieg, too fast for anyone else to buy any amount of equipment that could compete with the turret
Hatfish
Byond Username: Hatfish

Post by Hatfish » #301082

I just watched a gang of 3-5 people successfully dominate a station with about 30 crew 16 minutes from round start. They tagged everything without much resistance from the other gangs (who were mostly killing each other in the halls), dropped their dominator in the testing lab and set up 2 machine gun turrets at both entrances and just shot everyone who tried to get to it. The end result was an unimpeded domination under 3 minutes from setting up the dominator in the first place.
What I've gathered from this is that A: nobody understands how important tagging is now, and B: machine gun turrets are ridiculously OP.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #301090

Portable turrets are my most favourite feature, it should be atomised and then worked to be part of any military installations. We could re-create io-jima on lavaland using portable turrets & sandbags.

Im slightly miffed to see people not actually use portals for their intended purpose but to basically provide a way to block damage.

Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #301093

The turrets are extremely cool, I really hope they don't get nerfed.

a good centcom meme would be the manned turret but with fireball bullets oh shit
D&B

Post by D&B » #301108

Wtf how come I didn't get a baby
Spoiler:
fuck you
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #301110

Hatfish wrote:I just watched a gang of 3-5 people successfully dominate a station with about 30 crew 16 minutes from round start. They tagged everything without much resistance from the other gangs (who were mostly killing each other in the halls), dropped their dominator in the testing lab and set up 2 machine gun turrets at both entrances and just shot everyone who tried to get to it. The end result was an unimpeded domination under 3 minutes from setting up the dominator in the first place.
What I've gathered from this is that A: nobody understands how important tagging is now, and B: machine gun turrets are ridiculously OP.

And C, without security to keep the gang in check, this will happen regularly.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #301112

Like hell what is security going to do anyway, bullet proof clothing just lets you soak up more hits.

Its not like lasers which can be reflected & diverted away.

Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #301120

Reminder that grenade type weapons and flamethrowers are hilariously effective against turret installments because to dodge it the turret guy has to get out of the turret and run away.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #301130

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Like hell what is security going to do anyway, bullet proof clothing just lets you soak up more hits.

Its not like lasers which can be reflected & diverted away.
it's not like security starts off with weapons to counter the gang threat or anything...
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
Kel

Post by Kel » #301239

this mode either never ends in its current state or ends before it even starts

theres a sweet spot in between where most of the crew are still alive and mostly everyone is on equal footing for about 2 minutes and then someone places a dom and everyone dies

timeline of enjoyment from my perspective
start - shitty - being converted against your will is never fun tbh
after roundstart - shitty - gangbangers have a knife and a spraycan by this point, vigilantes have nothing
10 minutes in - fun - gangbangers wont have their super endgame gear yet but have weapons and everyone is fighting, vigilantes still dont exist
15 minutes in - shitty - someone placed a dom and everyone either died fighting for it and the round ended or everyone died and the dom did aswell
15+ minutes in - nuke the station - nothing gets done for the rest of the round as it devolves into a pseduo rev holdout-style of gameplay (that everyone hates and is super shitty!) but there is a 3rd faction maybe

minor criticism: since all pretense of stealth has been figuratively and literally been obliterated, i dont think the conversion tool should be a stealthy pen anymore
Kel

Post by Kel » #301248

another suggestion: make the act of obliterating a gangster item automatically dedicate you to the life of a vigilante instead it being locked behind 10 influence
vcordie
Byond Username: Vcordie

Re: robustin gang overhaul

Post by vcordie » #301263

Kor wrote:It is not like he can make it worse
You were wrong. You were so fucking wrong.

Let's just talk about a few things about new gangs (gangacoplyse)
A. it telegraphs the round type fucking IMMEDIATELY. there's zero paranoia whatsoever in this game of paranoia.
B. it removes core components of the game to jury rig its own fucking team deathmatch bullshit.
C. Vigilanties either die in the first 3 minutes because they spawn with no weapons, or become insanely overpowered. They don't respawn however.
D. Respawning is bad, mmkay. Just period. It encourages shit play from people and is just a way to make the team death match drag out longer. With endlessly respawning reinforcements, the vigilanties just get ground down till they no longer exist.
E. It's literally validhunter versus gangs the mode. TDM.
F. did I mention the validhunters can get admin mechs and admin guns like rocket launchers?
G. the mounted machine gun turret is prett yfucking cool, I'll give you that. Too bad it's a bit op and glitchy as all fuck right now
H. Do i even need to tell you why just turning the game into stupid pvp is a bad idea? Some of us are here for more interaction then just clicking on sprites to render them horizontal
I. I fucking hate you robustin
J. allowing gangs to respawn fucking defeats the purpose of having the shuttle autocall, now doesn't it? since it'll never reach that point thanks to reinforcements...meaning you'll constantly have a fucking stalemate.
H. speaking of stalemates, they somehow are even worse when everyone has high powered weapons that just blow any latejoiner away. Fucking 10/10 balance there.
K. Both servers voted that they hate this new version of gangs. Myself and a couple others personally leave for hte other server whenever its testmerged. When it's testmerged on both I just stop playing. that's how NOT FUN this bullshit is. IF i wanted Team Deathmatch I'd play colonial marines, except I wouldn't because colonial marines actually enforces a level of rp we don't
M. Speaking of rule enforcement, vigilantes don't fucking count as antags so if they get some collateral damage in with their stupidly op guns, they get bwoinked and potentially banned. For doing what they need to do. Fucking thanks, cunt.
N. My sodium levels are too goddamn high for this bullshit.
O. I would rather 24/7 wizard then this bullshit
P. I would rather 24/7 raging mages then this bullshit
Q. I would rather 24/7 BULLSHIT RAGING MAGES then this bullshit.
T. Truthfully, I'd rather dig my eyeballs out with a rusty spork then this bullshit.
U. The gangs can just drop a dom and a MG turret in the time it takes you to earn soap as a vigilante, which means this goddamn gamemode is totally fucking out of balance. The only relevant parties in gangs is other fucking gangs, because vigilanties wont have any fucking weapons to fight by the time the first dominator gets dropped.
uhhh hey guys its me Kor Phaerooin
Kel

Re: robustin gang overhaul he's dead jim edition

Post by Kel » #301271

he's dead, jim.
vcordie
Byond Username: Vcordie

Post by vcordie » #301274

I'm still mad.
uhhh hey guys its me Kor Phaerooin
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #301276

Why did you do H twice and skip L?
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #301277

Kor wrote:

Poll was unironically rigged by having two different "yes" options
oranges wrote:I got permabanned for removing gang? I guess I missed the memo.
haha he lifted it

no balls
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #301279

Ive had more paranoia with vigilantes than I've had in all the other GW iterations combined. With GW you just sat around waiting to get penned or implanted and nobody had a reason to fuck with you, and you no reason to fuck with them because who gives a shit if their wall has some new graffiti on it.

I won't bother reading the rest but its clear some people have acquired the fantastic ability to understand every nuance of a mode from a couple rounds.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #301434

Vigilante is just forcing everyone to validhunt