The Great Weeb Purge - Feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: The Great Weeb Purge - Feedback

Post by Grazyn » #305116

Bottom post of the previous page:

Seeing maintainers catfight over this instead of referring up to headmins really shows who really has the power around here and how the whole "headmin" thing is just a sad joke.
Last edited by Grazyn on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #305120

Steelpoint wrote:That's a shitty argument to distract from the issue ColdTurtle.
What the fuck IS the issue then??
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #305121

Man I don't even fucking play here anymore, but I guess it's time for the opinion from the OG catgirl.

For the people who want it removed, ask the headmins to hold another god damn poll. They held one before, people voted enable, it was enabled. Having a few extra pixels does not equate to the same thing as ERP, which came with it's own heavy set of issues and problems, coming from a former admin.

But I guess if we remove cat ears because of metagangs, best to remove lizards too. :3c
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #305122

Steelpoint wrote:That's a shitty argument to distract from the issue ColdTurtle.
It was a purely cosmetic choice because people frequently would fight over the cat ear accessories roundstart.
The sperging out about how they're not a "real" mutantrace is totally moot because they were never intended as one and the removal of their status as humans was an attempt at a concession to extemely vocal gibbering idiots crying to have something removed over their personal distaste.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #305123

We've actually punted this back to headmins several times now since it's a config option but goof and leo keep remaking the PR.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #305124

Steelpoint wrote:I think its more headmins would rather let everyone else sort it out instead of dragging themselves through the mud to resolve the issue.
Except for the fact that the whole point of having headmins is to have someone that can make final calls over such things.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #305127

Grazyn wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:I think its more headmins would rather let everyone else sort it out instead of dragging themselves through the mud to resolve the issue.
Except for the fact that the whole point of having headmins is to have someone that can make final calls over such things.
Kor wrote:We've actually punted this back to headmins several times now since it's a config option but goof and leo keep remaking the PR.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #305130

It is a code issue. I don't want the code there, so going back to the "but it's a config" doesn't solve this problem. Headmins don't have the final say on the code, never have, probably never will. The ERP thing: Headmins decided to ignore the poll to do what they think it's right, which is pretty much the same that is being done here.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #305131

It's really not. It's an optional cosmetic that any server owner can turn on and off. It has no gameplay or design implications.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #305134

Doesn't it have the game play impact on if they are Human or not in terms of silicon interaction?
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #305135

lzimann wrote:It is a code issue. I don't want the code there

Well gee fucking wizz lads grand codemaster Leoz doesnt want some words in his code. Everyone bend the knee you peasants the king has spoken
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #305136

lzimann wrote:It is a code issue. I don't want the code there, so going back to the "but it's a config" doesn't solve this problem. Headmins don't have the final say on the code, never have, probably never will. The ERP thing: Headmins decided to ignore the poll to do what they think it's right, which is pretty much the same that is being done here.
It's not your codebase.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #305137

Thats another server policy thing, they were counted as human for a long time
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #305138

Wasn't that before they were a round start race?

I seem to get conflicting opinions on if they are Human or not.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #305139

It is in the code, it's not a policy thing that is an abstract concept. We all know configs are usually added in a way to bypass the code. See: secborgs.
Xhagi

Post by Xhagi » #305141

lzimann wrote:I don't want the code there
Wow it's like the people wanted it but you don't care.

Why are you an admin or even a maintainer if you don't care about the people you are trying to have that power over? Hold a fucking poll I'm going to keep saying this till you get it in that tiny fucking brain of yours.

Again, ERP was it's own thing. Stop trying to equate it to a few pixels that you just don't like you fuck.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #305145

We already had a catgirl poll and the people were massively in favor
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #305146

Steelpoint wrote:Wasn't that before they were a round start race?

I seem to get conflicting opinions on if they are Human or not.
They were human as a roundstart race for a long time until LeoZ removed them. When the next set of admins readded them they made them nonhuman as a compromise to people who hated them or something.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #305147

I don't care either way about the fate of kitty ears but I have literally not seen a single "catperson metagang" in the game
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #305148

Should make them human again tbh.
really piss goof off.
私は完璧
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #305149

Xhagi wrote:Man I don't even fucking play here anymore, but I guess it's time for the opinion from the OG catgirl.

For the people who want it removed, ask the headmins to hold another god damn poll. They held one before, people voted enable, it was enabled. Having a few extra pixels does not equate to the same thing as ERP, which came with it's own heavy set of issues and problems, coming from a former admin.

But I guess if we remove cat ears because of metagangs, best to remove lizards too. :3c
Let's not start with the "just make a poll" thing please, the last poll about cats was taken 6 months ago, do we have to take the same poll every 6 months that ends with the same results because a couple of codermins is against it and keeps trying to remove the feature? This is the same damned thing that happened with ERP, endless polls and endless discussions that always showed wide player support but fuck it because father knows best. Well if father knows best, make him decide instead of humoring the smallfolk with pointless polls.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #305150

Good to know then Kor.
Wyzack wrote:We already had a catgirl poll and the people were massively in favor

Not that massive of a gap.
Last edited by Steelpoint on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #305151

bandit wrote:I don't care either way about the fate of kitty ears but I have literally not seen a single "catperson metagang" in the game
You're not looking very hard then
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #305152

Right you are Steelpoint i was wrong about them poll results
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
bandit

Post by bandit » #305153

name names then, I can't think of any, except people who mostly post on forums/irc/discord and don't play, or maybe the klara thing which is a forced meme no one except hatterhat takes seriously
Last edited by bandit on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

admin feedback pls
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #305154

lzimann wrote:It is in the code, it's not a policy thing that is an abstract concept.
Fine, if it's a code issue than my executive """"""design""""" decision is to delegate it to the headmins of each server to decide.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #305155

bandit wrote:name names then, I can't think of any, except people who mostly post on forums/irc/discord and don't play, or maybe the klara thing which is a forced meme no one except hatterhat takes seriously
The Klara thing is probably the best example yeah
Xhagi

Post by Xhagi » #305156

Grazyn wrote:
Xhagi wrote:Man I don't even fucking play here anymore, but I guess it's time for the opinion from the OG catgirl.

Let's not start with the "just make a poll" thing please, the last poll about cats was taken 6 months ago, do we have to take the same poll every 6 months that ends with the same results because a couple of codermins is against it and keeps trying to remove the feature? This is the same damned thing that happened with ERP, endless polls and endless discussions that always showed wide player support but fuck it because father knows best. Well if father knows best, make him decide instead of humoring the smallfolk with pointless polls.
It would seem Kor agrees.

Catgirls are the ERP of our time. What a time to be alive.
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #305157

My favorite meme is the fabled metagangs which apparently run rampant for how much the term is used
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #305159

Wyzack wrote:Right you are Steelpoint i was wrong about them poll results
May be worth pointing out that the poll ran on both servers but cats had only been enabled on Bagil, this means that Sybil players were voting on something they may have never seen or experienced.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #305163

We can all agree metagmngs are the scourge of this great land
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #305164

Remove talking because it causes friendships and eventually leads to metagangs/coms
bandit

Post by bandit » #305165

I don't think one thread on the ntr hut about a player who was already well-known for non-catgirl reasons rises to the level of "catgirl metagang"

I also can't believe these are words my brain is forming at this or any age

admin feedback pls
Xhagi

Post by Xhagi » #305166

wtf i love bandit now??
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #305167

I swear if headmins' answer to this is really "Let's just have another poll XD" my jimmies will be seriously rustled
TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #305168

F-fucking furries and m-metagangs! They all have to be like ME and have NO FRIENDS. it's not FAIR!!!
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #305169

you guys are autistic if you're letting what other people do/wear/whatever which doesn't even affect you at all irritate you.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #305170

I mean tbh, sometimes snowflakey stuff and cliques can be a pain. But when it comes to catpeople, purging them is a serious overreaction.
Last edited by Slignerd on Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #305171

I'm glad the sligcord and hanging out with the cat metagang has helped Slig get over their loneliness and irrational fear of people socializing in a multiplayer game
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #305173

I mean, I'm still somewhat cautious about metagangs I think? Like, if they went on about helping antags as security because they happen to have cat ears (*cough* kinda like lizards do *cough*), I'd not really be okay with that. It's just this knee-jerk reaction to catpeople that seems odd to me, since I don't think anything like that was really common. Seems like some people are just that allergic to weeb memes.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #305180

Remie Richards wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Roleplay only features that are only placeholder but a select group deemed fit for popularity & personal preferences to force it to stay.

Not democratic at all.
Lies don't get you anywhere.

The select group voted in favour out of plenty of people who wouldn't care to vote at all or went against.

Divide them by half to represent having two votes per server its 119 people versus 87 people, its actually closer than you might think accounting for how certain members here also have multiple accounts id reckon dividing it by a third would be a accurate number (79 - 58). No more than a 100 people can even play 1 server at a time so i don't see how we suddenly gained 112 more unique ckeys to vote out of a max of 200 players basil & sybil fully manned when during the week without being open to pubbies we can't draw in more than 50.

- Citadel nerds like Mehki's lot (did you forget they have ties there? not just the kinky ones) are unaccounted for Neko brigading to push forward changes, and i sure as hell don't trust the intentions of pubbies that have only been here just to contribute to the poll or for a day trying to culturally enrich us. Pubbies should be banned from poll voting using the job locking system additionally i feel without playtime
Sligneris wrote:I mean tbh, sometimes snowflakey stuff and cliques can be a pain. But when it comes to catpeople, purging them is a serious overreaction.
Not really, a law discriminating against catpeople is a law discriminating against humans with aesthetic differences that can't be altered or removed, and under some pretences its a good way for a saboteur to actively kill the crew without screaming out loud to kill majority humans (which may be themselves)

- I have been calling out for a way to medically alter people to remove/add catpeople outside of admin buttons for ages so that in such a edge case where the tide turns to be a catperson or you want to defuse catpeople ego-autism you can just put them under the knife and make them plain again. Or will this be humiliating as forced gender surgery? In which case you must ask why do people feel embarassed, or emboldened to be catpeople in the first place?
Last edited by FantasticFwoosh on Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #305181

I regret displaying this post.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #305183

Remie Richards wrote:Should make them human again tbh.
really piss goof off.
Just trash his PRs when they have a meme title instead of a descriptive one.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #305185

Wtf I like sawrge now???
TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #305186

What did fwoosh mean by this
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #305187

Reading Fwoosh posts is like reading James Joyce but instead of everyone thinking you're a really smart intellectual type they just wonder whats wrong with you.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #305188

@memo iamgoofball , if you want the cat-persons to die as a feature, code in a way to remove (and add to just keep people calm) their ears with surgery. IC turbohitlers will do the rest until they are so persecuted nobody will want to play them and the anti-cat campaign will be complete
True story. People will remove catpeople themselves and the fad will die out or the metagangs will become so exaggerated as a result maintainers will not be able to ignore the obvious mistake they made in merging it.

Im just mentioning in my previous point that we don't even have 412 regular players its not statistically possible when we only have 200 player & observer slots across both servers and even so that exceeds any lurkers & double accounts for polling fraud, 212 of them approximately came from the outside or otherwise, and when you crunch the numbers into more realistic figures it was a close poll (half accounting for both servers, and a third individually for a sever) we need to curb cultural imperialism from citadel and other places where it is not invited.

Spoiler:
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #305189

Tl;dr: Citadel hackers have hacked our elections :^)
Last edited by Slignerd on Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #305190

Fwoosh we have ways to prune votes from multikey accounts and those that have no playtime. The mental gymnastics you are going through to try and convince people that public opinion is not correct is pretty fucking funny though.

Name a single metagang
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #305191

Security / Admins / Bait option: Lizards / Greyshirt griefers (the interference is undeniable cannot arrest or pull anyone anywhere without being counter-pulled) < Cult of personality static IC character & Co.

Guess who's static IC's they are = Catpeople.
Spoiler:

Am I not allowed to laugh at myself occasionally?
Last edited by FantasticFwoosh on Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #305192

I suppose i played myself by responding seriously to a Fwoosh post. Another for the foe list
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster