Large ebows do 20 toxins damage?

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Large ebows do 20 toxins damage?

Post by CPTANT » #310644

So you got an infinite stun weapon that is silent AND does 20 toxins damage to you every time you get hit?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Large ebows do 20 toxins damage?

Post by DemonFiren » #310648

Whine.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #310652

DemonFiren wrote:Whine.
You think it is balanced?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #310661

CPTANT wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:Whine.
You think it is balanced?
I think you need to stop complaining about things that are unbalanced and counter them with your own unbalanced things, accept that sometimes you lose, or change them yourself.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #310785

CosmicScientist wrote:You can't OD on charcoal, right? You need to play every round with 500u on hand and more in your system at any one time.

As tad more of a serious question, there are large e-bows? Do they stun?
yes the bolt is identical except for more damage.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #310788

They're also a hilariously rare product from R&D.

Be happy that the guy who killed you didn't just egun you to death, it would have been faster. Git gud.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #310801

>defending awful rnd weapons
Barf.png
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #310809

They stun you

You're dead without the toxin
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #311005

>people unironically saying acquire proficiency against a gun that stuns and does huge damage at the same time

It's not bad to admit that sometimes you just have to accept that you lose, without crying for nerfs or calling others unrobust pubbies
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #311013

Lazengann wrote:They stun you

You're dead without the toxin
Only in a 1 on 1 situation. In group fights the combined stun and damage is way more lethal than just a stun.
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #311015

I'll see what I can do.

John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #311027

CosmicScientist wrote:You can't OD on charcoal, right? You need to play every round with 500u on hand and more in your system at any one time.

As tad more of a serious question, there are large e-bows? Do they stun?
i actually have code and sprites for autoinjectors that you wear

every 1, 3, or 5 minutes it deposits 100 units of whatever you put in the compression cells

can only hold 5 though

so every five minutes it would dump 100 units of charcoal into you then shoot the empty vial out
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #311065

the warden's fucking tube gun can 2 hit kill a nibba ebows are shit and they aren't SILENT
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #311410

itt the op got wrecked and needs to acquire some proficiency.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #311430

kevinz000 wrote:itt the op got wrecked and needs to acquire some proficiency.
Actually it was very noticable this time because I survived. I was in an extended firefight, hit the other guy several times he hit me 4 times and several other guys also multiple times and got away.

I then look at my health and think wtf 80 toxins damage after being hit by a stunning weapon.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #311431

It's not a stunning weapon, it's an ebow. Also, FYI ebows are like the worst weapon R&D can make-- they're expensive, bulky, and annoying to use. Advanced eguns are better in every way.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #311455

ShadowDimentio wrote:It's not a stunning weapon, it's an ebow. Also, FYI ebows are like the worst weapon R&D can make-- they're expensive, bulky, and annoying to use. Advanced eguns are better in every way.
it stuns but it's a crappy stun as it's rate of fire is shit.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #311459

E-crossbow's advantage is its integral silencer and regenerating ammo. Advanced e-guns are superior in damage output and regenerate ammo.

You also can't seem to make crossbows without a decent levelled traitor item last I checked. X-ray lasers, TYRANT boards and Illegal Modules only have an origin illegal tech level of 1. Not sure if it's because I am missing something but I haven't seen anyway to raise the tech level past 2 without traitor items, maybe you need EXPERIMENTOR fuckery
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #311515

Anonmare wrote:E-crossbow's advantage is its integral silencer and regenerating ammo. Advanced e-guns are superior in damage output and regenerate ammo.

You also can't seem to make crossbows without a decent levelled traitor item last I checked. X-ray lasers, TYRANT boards and Illegal Modules only have an origin illegal tech level of 1. Not sure if it's because I am missing something but I haven't seen anyway to raise the tech level past 2 without traitor items, maybe you need EXPERIMENTOR fuckery
You can use Experimentor fuckery, aye. Analyze any of those illegal-tech-level 1 items until the anomaly that sucks blood out of you occurs. This will raise all tech levels present on the contained item by 1.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #311530

Drynwyn wrote:
Anonmare wrote:E-crossbow's advantage is its integral silencer and regenerating ammo. Advanced e-guns are superior in damage output and regenerate ammo.

You can use Experimentor fuckery, aye. Analyze any of those illegal-tech-level 1 items until the anomaly that sucks blood out of you occurs. This will raise all tech levels present on the contained item by 1.
That was removed when Science was nerfed, sorry.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #311536

I read this fucking thread title as elbows every single time, i assumed it was a martial arts thing at first
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #311631

Anyhow I think it would be fine if it did 15 toxins damage.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #311677

its fucking fine as is if that gun was a shotgun you'd be dead on hit 2
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #311682

Considering that RnD can print off guns like Advance Energy Guns, Xrays, Laser Sniper Rifles and a myriad of shotgun shells, I honestly think the large ebow is fine.

Don't forget that it needs ilegal research to unlock, which requires syndicate items to be researched.

At best you have a edge case where it may be a better TC investment to buy certain syndicate items to research and make a Large Ebow instead of just buying a normal ebow, but that's pretty likely going to be uncommon.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #311717

By the time they have the research to print a large ebow they have the research to wreck your day in about a dozen deadlier ways.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #311746

All in all, crossbows are a meme.

Now prototype SMGs were the hot shit back in the day. You think sci is bad now? Lemme tell you about a time where sci could print off tasers with only silver and could get a ballistic weapon (that was basically a C20 SMG today) with a small diamond cost and make recyclers that could harvest more resources from an object than it actually had, including recycling rare resources like diamond, bannanium and uranium from candy wrappers.

Oh and don't forget that traitors can emag testing range firing pins to make them usable anywhere so a traitor in science could be armed to the teeth with tasers, suppressed SMGs, HONK mechs, bombs and be backed up in several autocloners hidden on on station.

Sci is strong, but it isn't as strong as it used to be.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #311768

testing range firing pins will tell the weapon only to fire if it is an area that is defined as a testing range. Outside of a range, it'll refuse to fire. Unless emagged of course.

Not sure if it merely checks for name or if it checks for something else though. You'd have to ask for a coder or get someone to rename an area to testing range to see if it checks names or roundstart applicable areas.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #311770

Anonmare wrote:All in all, crossbows are a meme.

Now prototype SMGs were the hot shit back in the day. You think sci is bad now? Lemme tell you about a time where sci could print off tasers with only silver and could get a ballistic weapon (that was basically a C20 SMG today) with a small diamond cost and make recyclers that could harvest more resources from an object than it actually had, including recycling rare resources like diamond, bannanium and uranium from candy wrappers.

Oh and don't forget that traitors can emag testing range firing pins to make them usable anywhere so a traitor in science could be armed to the teeth with tasers, suppressed SMGs, HONK mechs, bombs and be backed up in several autocloners hidden on on station.

Sci is strong, but it isn't as strong as it used to be.
As a ex-science main I can tell you that it's quite fun for me but no one else when I have 40 50 tile stun projectiles up my sleeve 7 minutes in
Oh yeah anonmare the stun revolvers don't even need silver, it's only metal and glass

Testing range pins check for the magnet or the magnet controller.

Oh yeah I remember those smgs remember when I chased korphaeron around space near the station twice around the map and finally killed him after using 8-9 mags with each mag having 41 20 damage bullets.
Jeez I miss those days.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #311812

Recycler Meta was hilarious and I unironically wish it was brought back to a degree [that and foamestry god bless]
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Professor Hangar
Byond Username: Professor Hangar

Post by Professor Hangar » #311862

They're at best gimmick items, not much good for an antag since they're just a more cumbersome version of the ebow, if you're in firefights then at that point R&D will have way better weapons for about any purpose (especially since they won't do much to borgs or mechs, and I don't think the stun works on NPCs) and just having illegal tech levels puts suspicion on sci, especially if you get seen or heard using a very distinctive weapon. You already have to go out of your way to find a decent use case for it. The self-recharging is about its only real perk compared to anything else, and I'm pretty sure R&D can eventually make better self-recharging guns.

And you need to reload after every shot, too.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #311865

Ohw well, just leave it at 20 then.