Lizard species is the worst new feature to be added to this

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Re: Lizard species is the worst new feature to be added to t

Post by Cipher3 » #27864

Bottom post of the previous page:

Ezel wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:All I know about the Vox is that they are antagonists on Baystation or somewhere.

I fail to see any real negative in the addition of non-human races as playable characters. If we are concerned about the de-emphasis on humans we can simply introduce restrictions on certain role to humans only, such as my earlier suggestion on forcing Sec/Command to be human only.
^official bay station
>unofficial bay station servers it's a choosable race for rp
>vox mode vox crewmembers + vox raiders =rip vox
That's why you can't make things available like as a example there is a wizard job and be like wizard in a wizard round rip you
Spoiler:
Why do you never have punctuation?
By unofficial you mean knockoff servers using Baycode. And that's literally entirely irrelevant. What you're saying is that Lizardpeople are going to lead to Vox races and Vox gamemode and that's gonna get non-antag Vox killed and then making a comparison to a station wizard job (wut) and thusly we should not have lizardpeople because this could end up like when antags are the same species as nonantags? There's literally no logical chain of progression in Lizardpeople = a wizard station job that gets lynched every wizard round.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #27872

Cipher3 wrote:
Ezel wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:All I know about the Vox is that they are antagonists on Baystation or somewhere.

I fail to see any real negative in the addition of non-human races as playable characters. If we are concerned about the de-emphasis on humans we can simply introduce restrictions on certain role to humans only, such as my earlier suggestion on forcing Sec/Command to be human only.
^official bay station
>unofficial bay station servers it's a choosable race for rp
>vox mode vox crewmembers + vox raiders =rip vox
That's why you can't make things available like as a example there is a wizard job and be like wizard in a wizard round rip you
Spoiler:
Why do you never have punctuation?
By unofficial you mean knockoff servers using Baycode. And that's literally entirely irrelevant. What you're saying is that Lizardpeople are going to lead to Vox races and Vox gamemode and that's gonna get non-antag Vox killed and then making a comparison to a station wizard job (wut) and thusly we should not have lizardpeople because this could end up like when antags are the same species as nonantags? There's literally no logical chain of progression in Lizardpeople = a wizard station job that gets lynched every wizard round.
Never not lynch lizards apparently. v0v
Mandurrrh

Post by Mandurrrh » #27873

Incoming wrote:
Incomptinence wrote:I would assume no one has done dwarfs because needing new sprites for clothes is a bit hefty.
Yeah anything that requires a sprite of a different height would require a simply hideous amount of sprite work, it'd be akin to asking for fatsprites back.
Spriting helps my ADHD and OCD. I'd be down for a ton of sprite work.
Mandurrrh

Post by Mandurrrh » #27874

Vox are bird people on vg. They role play their species well though and it's probably the only rp on that server. They talk in character. Respond to certain music and techno gods. And enjoy shiny things. They are also creepy and gross.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #27876

Mandurrrh wrote:

Vox are bird people on vg. They role play their species well though and it's probably the only rp on that server. They talk in character. Respond to certain music and techno gods. And enjoy shiny things. They are also creepy and gross.
Are we talking about /vg/ players or the birds?
Mandurrrh

Post by Mandurrrh » #27877

cedarbridge wrote:
Mandurrrh wrote:

The birds.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #27878

Mandurrrh wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Mandurrrh wrote:

The birds.
the birds that doesnt breath oxygen
The future is horrible!
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #27879

Mandurrrh wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Mandurrrh wrote:

The birds.
You lost me.
Mandurrrh

Post by Mandurrrh » #27880

cedarbridge wrote: You lost me.
Fallen soldier
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #27927

Mandurrrh wrote:They are also creepy and gross.
Says the species that inhales one of the most corrosive gasses we know of to survive.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #27931

Saegrimr wrote:
Mandurrrh wrote:They are also creepy and gross.
Says the species that inhales one of the most corrosive gasses we know of to survive.
the gas wheres a limited supply of
The future is horrible!
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #28214

It affects the simplicity of /tg/ setting, increasing the autism levels.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Antimattercarp
Byond Username: Antimattercarp

Post by Antimattercarp » #29566

Cipher3 wrote:
Lumbermancer wrote:Remove Lizard, you say it's cosmetic now, but it's one step closer to some bullshit like Vox. Lizards should be as they were, available to people at the discretion of badmins. Janitor preferred.
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-fallacy
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #29575

Antimattercarp wrote:
Cipher3 wrote:
Lumbermancer wrote:Remove Lizard, you say it's cosmetic now, but it's one step closer to some bullshit like Vox. Lizards should be as they were, available to people at the discretion of badmins. Janitor preferred.
As clever as that is, you're more guilty than he is. His usage actually has context.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #29584

cedarbridge wrote:
Antimattercarp wrote:
Cipher3 wrote:
As clever as that is, you're more guilty than he is. His usage actually has context.
Not to mention that the fallacy fallacy means you disregard someone's entire argument because of a single fallacy, while in this case your entire argument was a single fallacy.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Antimattercarp
Byond Username: Antimattercarp

Post by Antimattercarp » #29770

Ricotez wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Antimattercarp wrote:
Cipher3 wrote:
Not to mention that the fallacy fallacy means you disregard someone's entire argument because of a single fallacy, while in this case your entire argument was a single fallacy.
Alas His argument in that post is that ricotez had a fallacy in his argument consisted of, that link and "^^^This", I was forced to remind him that calling out a fallacy as a argument is in fact a fallacy in it's self. I also like being clever and am in favor of the addition of the lizardmen
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #29781

No, calling out one point among many of an argument as a fallacy and thus dismissing the entire argument is the fallacy fallacy. His entire argument was three sentences: 1: Slippery slope fallacy. 2: Opinion. 3: Detail on the previous opinion.

So it wasn't the fallacy fallacy - rather you were leaping to a conclusion with an intent to provide clever input. And I also don't mind lizardpeople.
Spoiler:

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #29856

How about we stop getting in a pissing contest and get back to talking about the lizards? And also let's all agree that slippery slope is a poor way to make a case. If your best argument against something is a potential future outcome, that implies you have no real reasoning at all that applies to the here and now.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #29864

I actually like lizards, I don't know why everybody's mad.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #29890

Scott wrote:I actually like lizards, I don't know why everybody's mad.
u wot m8

Why is this thread here then? Why did you make this?
Spoiler:

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #32960

Just FYI next time the server updates you'll actually be able to save your species preference.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?