Adding crimes and stuff via SecHUD

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Adding crimes and stuff via SecHUD

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #27646

It's coded, you can read the details here, screenshots here.

So yeah, hopefully everyone will like it. This thread is mostly for feedback, how to make formatting better, what kinds of new shit possibly throw in it, stuff like that.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Adding crimes and stuff via SecHUD

Post by Steelpoint » #27648

Yes, yes and more yes. I also like taking into account if the user is restrained/stunned.

I'll have to see it in action to give more refined feedback however, I'll see if I can think of anything.
Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #27650

If you want to test it now, get this, it's already compiled, add your ckey to config/admins.txt and you can test it on local server. To quickly get a full starting record, spawn yourself a dummy, put yourself into it, dress up as HoS and test away.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #27653

I tested it out on a local server.

It works perfectly as far as I'm concerned. Its easy to understand and allows you to quickly enter useful information.

The only possible suggestion I can think of is to ping all Officers when someone's record is updated, but aside from that its a good system. Good work.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #27659

Steelpoint wrote:I tested it out on a local server.

It works perfectly as far as I'm concerned. Its easy to understand and allows you to quickly enter useful information.

The only possible suggestion I can think of is to ping all Officers when someone's record is updated, but aside from that its a good system. Good work.
Rogue ai>sets everyone on arrest
ping ping ping ping ping ping
ping ping ping ping ping ping
*throws pda away*
The future is horrible!
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #27663

Fantastic and something I have wanted in the past. Blankly set to arrest guys often lead to me checking my pda for their empty crimes, then questioning them them/sec radio and finally setting the poor fellow off arrest. As you would expect this takes a while.

As I asked on git do you think something like this for medical huds might make medical records more used? If even for RP that dangling nearly totally unused records are such a drat shame.
Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #27668

Steelpoint wrote:I tested it out on a local server.

To be fair, it's a combination of bay's design, existing security records code and only a little bit of basic coding to merge it all together from my part, so credit's due there.

As for broadcast, I think it would potentially be too spammy, would also reduce the appeal of HUDs for traitor purposes and feels kind of unnecessary, since if you meet them in person since you could just check their record right then and there.
Incomptinence wrote:As I asked on git do you think something like this for medical huds might make medical records more used? If even for RP that dangling nearly totally unused records are such a drat shame.
From git:
As a matter of fact, yes, I was thinking of improving medical records/HUDs. I thought of making a setting for medibots (potentially beepskies as well) to inject sleeptoxin into people marked as "Insane" via medical records. May be some kind of priority/better meds for people marked as injured. Also adding specific virus symptoms that have been injected into person, so people can see if it's beneficial (I mean you wouldn't write down it as harmful if you were antag releasing brainrot, but still). Noting genetics mutations.

I'll probably do a brainstorm on forums at some point.
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #27673

Incomptinence wrote:Fantastic and something I have wanted in the past. Blankly set to arrest guys often lead to me checking my pda for their empty crimes, then questioning them them/sec radio and finally setting the poor fellow off arrest. As you would expect this takes a while.

As I asked on git do you think something like this for medical huds might make medical records more used? If even for RP that dangling nearly totally unused records are such a drat shame.
I use medical records to figure out who is the youngest crewmember and shout it over the radio. One time I had to stop functioning in a round for around 30 minutes because the captain was a 17 year old girl.

And there's something fun about printing off medical records for all of security that has them listed as 16 year old autistic girls and handing that over in a folder. It takes a long time, but it's one of the actually amusing things that I figure greytiding can produce.

If medical records were consistent round by round then we would have more use for it, or if they could be set in the character setup.
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #27762

Noice. Merge when?
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #28127

Steals sechud>has instant access to full security records

Gg
The future is horrible!
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #28128

Don't forget you will need a Security ID to be able to alter the records.

You also cannot delete entries or anything like that via the SecHUDs.

So its fine.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #28130

The only problem I see is the records window being too big, any chance of making a more compact window for it? Something that doesn't make you scroll up and down.

This is great, by the way.
Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #28156

Ezel wrote:Steals sechud>has instant access to full security records

Gg
Reads>doesn't post silly things

You cannot delete anything, you can only read and write with security ID. With security ID you have access to consoles anyway.
Scott wrote:The only problem I see is the records window being too big, any chance of making a more compact window for it? Something that doesn't make you scroll up and down.
It doesn't have a window. The window is console, I just used it to demonstrate. It prints everything into the chat, and yes, it can be quite big, but it's more like a feature, because having a bunch of text in front of your eyes won't improve your perception.

The popup window could be done, of course, but I didn't want that. We'll see.