Snowdin Away Mission

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Snowdin Away Mission

Post by Bombadil » #379130

It's the same as old away missions. Loot bananzas where the powergamers surge to get to the good loot equipped with tons of healing chems so they can eat a blood demons heart and get mjolnir and OTHER CRAZY FUCKING SHIT.

There are combat medkits fucking everywhere with combat stims and other shit its insane. It's just a loot party and using snow tiles to slow people down doesn't stop the madness
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Re: Snowdin Away Mission

Post by MMMiracles » #379133

the loot piles could use some rework but i had issues with getting it testmerged so i went 'fuck it' and let the public sort out the issues before going in.

every loot drop is pulled from a list with differing chances so it won't be too difficult to change some shit around.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #379134

Shoudl just use the ruin system to randomize shit too so people cant meta where shit is

Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #379174

Yea randomization is very important otherwise it just becomes the same "experienced players blitz the best loot and exploit the static mob spawns, everyone else fights a shitload of mobs for the scraps" gimmick that killed the original away missions.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #379196

It's been derailing round after round after round
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #379201

I had full intentions of making the cavern section semi-random with 12x12 templates that made up the caves/rooms but I had issues for almost a week getting them to spawn properly so I said 'fuck it' and went with a static loadout and the randomized loot piles. I still have most of the templates I made for it if someone is capable of helping out with that segment.
Dax Dupont wrote:It's been derailing round after round after round
Away missions have been disabled for awhile and suddenly being re-enabled with a new map and content to explore is probably gonna derail rounds for a bit.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
don't go for another.
Mark9013100
Byond Username: Mark9013100

Post by Mark9013100 » #379273

Icey snow needs a better sprite or an overlay when next to other tiles, specially egregious near liquid plasma tiles, and on the topic of sprites, icey rock sprites are invisible.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #379305

Dax Dupont wrote:It's been derailing round after round after round
Rounds come off the rails entirely on their own by design around here.

It's not like we have a strict order of conduct mandating operational stages like cm does.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #379328

It needs to have a low chance to spawn. Having people camp the gateway is getting old. One in every ten rounds should be fine. There needs to be more variety in maps before this is enabled too. I will say that its hilarious to IED bomb people waiting to jump through the gateway.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #379337

Yea gateway opening should be a lategame event, much more tolerable that way.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #379341

Mark9013100 wrote:Icey snow needs a better sprite or an overlay when next to other tiles, specially egregious near liquid plasma tiles, and on the topic of sprites, icey rock sprites are invisible.
Been the case for years now. The snow dome ruin has invisible rocks everywhere

Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #379492

Reduce the things you can get on the topside portion of the map to around the same kind of things you can find in maint on station, and randomize the caves completely, and you have basically lavaland 2, electric boogaloo.

I mean it could very easily be a second mining area if you populate everything with random ore.
Mark9013100
Byond Username: Mark9013100

Post by Mark9013100 » #379513

The amount of loot needs to be reduced, way too easy to walk away from Snowdin with nuke op rivaling gear. IMO all the weapons aside from the fire axe in the first outpost need to go.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #379531

Nuke Op Hardsuits are easily obtained within a minute of the gateway being opeed along with combat medkits and stims. It's a madhouse

MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #379534

Bombadil wrote:Nuke Op Hardsuits are easily obtained within a minute of the gateway being opeed along with combat medkits and stims. It's a madhouse
There's a single hardsuit that can be found, no idea where you're getting multiple hardsuits from, unless you're also confusing that traitors can get hardsuits.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.