Sleepers no longer automatically generate chemical PR

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Sleepers no longer automatically generate chemical PR

Post by Dax Dupont » #390367

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/36090

This really makes playing MD unpleasant, especially in high stress lots of casualty situations. Also chemist aren't around on lowpop generally. Chemistry also turns into a ball of fire and/or blows up a lot.
While botany has the same issue botany is non-essential.
Also most circuits had their acid requirements removed yet we need to make our own chems now?
Also there's retard non-doctors coming in and smashing that chem button for someone who has like 10 brute damage or use the wrong chemical. Medbay is more or less public access.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Sleepers no longer automatically generate chemical PR

Post by Armhulen » #390370

You heard it here first folks, the job isn't brainlessly easy anymore
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #390372

this again??

this is a bad idea if it relies solely on chemists to make and stock the sleepers

doctors need to be able to make the chems for this to work
Limey wrote:its too late.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #390378

Qbopper wrote:this again??

this is a bad idea if it relies solely on chemists to make and stock the sleepers

They have roundstart cryo, a back room full of all the damage type medkits and they start with brute burn packs.

It also finally makes chemistry more than mutagen and whatever the hell else they wanna make (drugs and bombs) every shift
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #390387

i'm still not a fan of encouraging people to use the medkits for booboos in medbay and my confidence in chemists actually bothering to help the doctors out is not very high

that being said despite my negativity now/in the past this is a change i want to see because if it works it will lead to more actual player interaction

i'm just not confident that it will work
Limey wrote:its too late.
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #390403

wont effect me I just cram gaia in my mouth anytime I stub my toe
this also means time for botany to stock the sleepers
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #390404

*affect

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #390406

cram it up your ass
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #390408

Armhulen wrote:You heard it here first folks, the job isn't brainlessly easy anymore
>brainless
>it's nukies/warcult/wizard and you have to juggle with surgery for 10 people in queue and heals and cloning while medbay is already half blown up
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #390409

Also science has been reduced to a clicking simulator and circuits had their chem requirements removed for some reason yet we should make the only department dedicated to keeping people in the round way harder to deal with.
SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #390410

we should just dumb everything down and never add depth since we're a muder simulator tbh
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #390411

Dax Dupont wrote:
Armhulen wrote:You heard it here first folks, the job isn't brainlessly easy anymore
>brainless
>it's nukies/warcult/wizard and you have to juggle with surgery for 10 people in queue and heals and cloning while medbay is already half blown up
I don't get it, medbay should struggle in extreme situations just like every other departments under duress
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #390413

Dax Dupont wrote:Also science has been reduced to a clicking simulator and circuits had their chem requirements removed for some reason yet we should make the only department dedicated to keeping people in the round way harder to deal with.
Another department doesn't interact with chemistry so the same department as chemistry shouldn't interact with chemistry

?
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #390430

Armhulen wrote:
Dax Dupont wrote:
>brainless
I don't get it, medbay should struggle in extreme situations just like every other departments under duress
Medbay at 30 pop and medbay at 90 pop are completely different beasts, highpop medbay is already very triage heavy especially since dismemberment got added and it's really not that rare to see lots of bodies stack up in medbay without being tended to once plasma floods or medbay loses power. Acting like nothing ever happens there is disingenuous at best or just dumb at worst. I'm fine with the test since maybe it'll have a positive effect on chemists doing their jobs, but acting like medbay is brainlessly easy as is is easily disprovable by actually playing it

like I don't know where this meme came from, medbay is very action packed if you take the initiative to play it and don't just sit behind the front desk tabbing in and out to watch youtube
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #390432

You assholes call medbay brainlessly easy because you just smash windows and slap all the supplies on yourself when you get a boo boo so you nerf doctors by removing their only slow but reliable restockable healing supply
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #390433

Super Aggro Crag wrote:You assholes call medbay brainlessly easy because you just smash windows and slap all the supplies on yourself when you get a boo boo so you nerf doctors by removing their only slow but reliable restockable healing supply
you don't know what you're talking about because it's not just restocked it's infinite, and what do you mean it's slow either you pop someone in hit 2 buttons and they're good
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #390434

Shaps-cloud wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
Dax Dupont wrote:
>brainless
Medbay at 30 pop and medbay at 90 pop are completely different beasts, highpop medbay is already very triage heavy especially since dismemberment got added and it's really not that rare to see lots of bodies stack up in medbay without being tended to once plasma floods or medbay loses power. Acting like nothing ever happens there is disingenuous at best or just dumb at worst. I'm fine with the test since maybe it'll have a positive effect on chemists doing their jobs, but acting like medbay is brainlessly easy as is is easily disprovable by actually playing it

like I don't know where this meme came from, medbay is very action packed if you take the initiative to play it and don't just sit behind the front desk tabbing in and out to watch youtube

it just shouldn't be so completely mind numbing when it's not in that situation
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #390436

Armhulen wrote:
Shaps-cloud wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
Dax Dupont wrote:
>brainless

It already does that's my point
And I would disagree that medbay is any more mind numbing than any other department if you explicitly use the situation where nothing is happening, and I really don't see how this is supposed to make lowpop medbay any more engaging since, rather than requiring ~5 clicks to heal someone with a sleeper while nothing is happening, they'll just require ~3 clicks to put them in cryo instead and put them to sleep for 60 seconds, with absolutely 0 effect on the doctor. All I see this accomplishing is slowing down medbay during high stress moments when it's already hectic and the most fun to play.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #390438

Shaps-cloud wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
Shaps-cloud wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
Dax Dupont wrote:
>brainless

It already does that's my point
And I would disagree that medbay is any more mind numbing than any other department if you explicitly use the situation where nothing is happening, and I really don't see how this is supposed to make lowpop medbay any more engaging since, rather than requiring ~5 clicks to heal someone with a sleeper while nothing is happening, they'll just require ~3 clicks to put them in cryo instead and put them to sleep for 60 seconds, with absolutely 0 effect on the doctor. All I see this accomplishing is slowing down medbay during high stress moments when it's already hectic and the most fun to play.
I don't think it will be slowing down high pop high stress stuff as long as you have prepared the reagents in the sleeper beforehand, really this is just making there be more setup which is pretty nice way to pass the time at the start of the round before conflict pops up and lets doctors have their own healing mixes for the sleeper. cool beans
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #390440

I suppose the only thing that remains to be seen is how it actually plays out to that effect, I do feel like allowing reagent multiplication that scales with manipulators could make this a fun change that allows for more flexibility in medbay setup, since 100u reagent containers sound like they'll exhaust themselves really fast.

I just wish every change to medbay wasn't wrapped up in hostile "medbay is brainless and unfun" junk that simply isn't true.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #390450

Shaps-cloud wrote:I suppose the only thing that remains to be seen is how it actually plays out to that effect, I do feel like allowing reagent multiplication that scales with manipulators could make this a fun change that allows for more flexibility in medbay setup, since 100u reagent containers sound like they'll exhaust themselves really fast.

I just wish every change to medbay wasn't wrapped up in hostile "medbay is brainless and unfun" junk that simply isn't true.
Reagent multiplication needs to be added for this to work at all. First aid kits are for emergency situations, the sleeper was for general purpose healing. Also adding a medical chem supply crate with 100 unit beakers of basic healing chems to cargo would be handy if chemistry is incompetent or destroyed.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #390452

If there are no chemists... and no CMO... go get access at the HOP. Leaving your department for reasons other than hunting antags is, in fact, a viable play.

If there's also no HOP, no captain, and no assistants handing out all-access after noticing there's no HOP or captain, go ask the botanists, because they will have stolen a machine by now.

If there's no botanist either it's almost certainly a skeleton crew and you get chemistry access.

And if by some freakish coincidence all of the above jobs are totally unfilled or are too "busy" just smash a window, its not like there's any chemists to stop you.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #390453

Armhulen wrote:
Dax Dupont wrote:
>brainless
Maybe you should play more, MD is already highly intense on high pop, especially when TB and such comes into play.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #390457

Armhulen wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:You assholes call medbay brainlessly easy because you just smash windows and slap all the supplies on yourself when you get a boo boo so you nerf doctors by removing their only slow but reliable restockable healing supply
you don't know what you're talking about because it's not just restocked it's infinite, and what do you mean it's slow either you pop someone in hit 2 buttons and they're good
It requires a second person and a modicum of trust for them to not 50 CCs of morphine permacoma into you which is already an enormous bar compared to just using a medkit which never run the risk of turning you comatose and can be used on yourself by yourself.

Also the IT ADDS DEPTH argument is a fucking lie, this alone isn't going to do shit except make medbay more annoying and make medkits even more desirable.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #390458

((powergamers))
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #390470

why is there even a debate around an idea so bad that even shadowmemes recognises it as such

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #390473

As I said in the github PR, it should still have some slots that auto generate chemicals, but slowly. So like it will regenerate 0.1u of bicard a second or something with a cap of 5u. This way small injuries can still be healed easily but it's less good as a general cure-all unless you manually stock it with chems
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Limey
Byond Username: Limed00d

Post by Limey » #390475

could be an interesting change but I want the sleepers to start out with basic healing chems so you can do the resupply once more and more broken bodies come floating in
Usually plays as Aya Shameimaru, Remilia Scarlet or Rumia Kuroda depending.
Spoiler:
NSFW:
Limey

Post by Limey » #390477

I'm all for giving the departments work to do and reason for interacting with other roles but considering that medbay gets really busy during high pop murderbone fuckfest I'd agree that this would be a change detrimental to the few who play doctors and some leniency should be considered for their sake
Spoiler:
NSFW:
Limey

Post by Limey » #390480

PKPenguin321 wrote:As I said in the github PR, it should still have some slots that auto generate chemicals, but slowly. So like it will regenerate 0.1u of bicard a second or something with a cap of 5u. This way small injuries can still be healed easily but it's less good as a general cure-all unless you manually stock it with chems
this is an actual good idea
Spoiler:
NSFW:
SaveVatznick
Byond Username: SaveVatznick

Post by SaveVatznick » #390482

Armhulen wrote:I don't think it will be slowing down high pop high stress stuff as long as you have prepared the reagents in the sleeper beforehand, really this is just making there be more setup which is pretty nice way to pass the time at the start of the round before conflict pops up and lets doctors have their own healing mixes for the sleeper. cool beans
See:

Doctors can't have their own healing mixes. It's the CMO that's going to have their own healing mix IF the chemist shoves over and lets them use a dispenser. "Yeah, I'm a medical doctor, I have my own custom healing mix as long as the Chemist makes it for me before the round ends, heh". This change just puts more people at the Chemist's mercy, and chemists are mercurial at best.

From the PR: "I think this would be a good change to the game, because doctors will rely on other departments like chemistry and cargo to actually heal people, while the sleepers can be used to just throw someone in when you're overwhelmed or don't have the resources to heal them yet."

First of all, chemistry only occasionally makes any kind of healing chemical. If they do, they'll make their on-contact healing, like Styptic or Silver Sulfadiazine, and then maybe, MAYBE Atropine or Tricordrazine in pill form, and then they fuck around or do whatever chemists do for a round's length (do you guys actually do anything?). Chemists won't even make mutagen for botany sometimes because they'll whine about "muh energy". What makes anyone think that medbay calling at them for thirty units of kelotane / bicaridine / salbutamol / antitoxin / whatever is going to make them rise to meet those requirements when they're already miserly about their dispenser energy level anyways? There really isn't anything a medical doctor can do to optimize medbay, it's all left to chemistry (With cryo mixes and now sleepers) or science to actually improve anything. All this change does is make doctors even more powerless, and make people (mainly ****security officers**** and greys) who already don't want to sit in a sleeper for some reason more likely to break in to med-storage for the medikits. I'd do it too, because I don't want to sit powerless in cryo for a minute or more, helpless to someone just taking out the beaker and damning me to eternal slumber or fucking with me in some other way.

Speaking of Cryo, the PR says that the sleepers "can be used to just throw someone in when you're overwhelmed or don't have the resources to heal them yet.", which is what cryo kinda acts as ANYWAYS. Cryo had a really cool balance dynamic where you're using the tubes to treat people coming out of cloning, but also to deal with one extra person passively while you work the sleepers. It felt self-balancing because in those times medbay really gets busy, like during a revolution or a nukeops round, you need to be mindful of how the cryo tubes are occupied, since you are trying to bring as many people back into the round as possible. It essentially already acts how the pr proposes sleepers should.
If the job is brainlessly easy, how come every god damned medical doctor in-game that isn't a static can't bring someone out of crit and back to full health. You are way too charit able with your estimate of the intelligence of medical doctors. They're fucking awful. Most of the time when you get thrown into medbay while you're in crit, you're just plain dead, or you'll be fucked with for such a long time that you'd wish you would have died and have been cloned instead. Medbay is going to go one of two ways:
1. Medbay is filled with statics and everything goes as smoothly as before since they all cooperate and communicate in their little metaclub
2. Medbay is in its default state, with retards who take 15 seconds to type a ten-word sentence and chemists who jerk around shitting out meth that no one will use, the sleepers just don't work after treating the first two people.
Dr_bee wrote:
Shaps-cloud wrote:I suppose the only thing that remains to be seen is how it actually plays out to that effect, I do feel like allowing reagent multiplication that scales with manipulators could make this a fun change that allows for more flexibility in medbay setup, since 100u reagent containers sound like they'll exhaust themselves really fast.
Reagent multiplication needs to be added for this to work at all. First aid kits are for emergency situations, the sleeper was for general purpose healing. Also adding a medical chem supply crate with 100 unit beakers of basic healing chems to cargo would be handy if chemistry is incompetent or destroyed.
Reagent multiplication definitely needs to be available by default, since science now barely ever upgrades anything, and if they do, they'll upgrade botany before medbay. I'll say again, all of the improvement potential that can happen in medbay is completely out of Medical Doctors's hands, and this pr exacerbates the problem. They don't make the equipment, they don't improve the equipment, and they're not even needed to operate the equipment, since any crewmember who knows medical can do what they do just as fast. Honestly, just make sleepers able to be used by a single person if you're going to make this change, so you have the whole crew yelling at chemistry to stock the sleepers instead of just the one to three medical doctors quietly asking over blue radio.

Addressing both the PR and Dr_bee talking about ordering a cargo crates full of medical supplies, can you not see that the situations that create high stress on medbay will necessarily also put high stress on cargo? Nuke ops, Revolution, Cults, these situations create a ton of patients, and this is where a good medical doctor can shine in processing as many patients as possible. This is also where Cargo shines because they can blow all their credits on loyalty implants and guns. Now, assuming that you have a ton of patients and that you're in need of a medical supply crate, the conflicts have already started, and that means Cargo has already ordered as many loyalty/gun crates as they can. What credits are left for your medical supplies crates? Fucking none. The notion that medical can rely on Cargo is false.

Sorry for long post this change to the game just looks like it's going to be a fuckin trainwreck.
Leora Fleebish is every bad part of me stuffed into a 32x32 sprite.
darkpaladin109
Byond Username: Darkpaladin109

Post by darkpaladin109 » #390488

SaveVatznick wrote:
Armhulen wrote:

Doctors can't have their own healing mixes. It's the CMO that's going to have their own healing mix IF the chemist shoves over and lets them use a dispenser. "Yeah, I'm a medical doctor, I have my own custom healing mix as long as the Chemist makes it for me before the round ends, heh". This change just puts more people at the Chemist's mercy, and chemists are mercurial at best.

From the PR: "I think this would be a good change to the game, because doctors will rely on other departments like chemistry and cargo to actually heal people, while the sleepers can be used to just throw someone in when you're overwhelmed or don't have the resources to heal them yet."

First of all, chemistry only occasionally makes any kind of healing chemical. If they do, they'll make their on-contact healing, like Styptic or Silver Sulfadiazine, and then maybe, MAYBE Atropine or Tricordrazine in pill form, and then they fuck around or do whatever chemists do for a round's length (do you guys actually do anything?). Chemists won't even make mutagen for botany sometimes because they'll whine about "muh energy". What makes anyone think that medbay calling at them for thirty units of kelotane / bicaridine / salbutamol / antitoxin / whatever is going to make them rise to meet those requirements when they're already miserly about their dispenser energy level anyways? There really isn't anything a medical doctor can do to optimize medbay, it's all left to chemistry (With cryo mixes and now sleepers) or science to actually improve anything. All this change does is make doctors even more powerless, and make people (mainly ****security officers**** and greys) who already don't want to sit in a sleeper for some reason more likely to break in to med-storage for the medikits. I'd do it too, because I don't want to sit powerless in cryo for a minute or more, helpless to someone just taking out the beaker and damning me to eternal slumber or fucking with me in some other way.
Yeah, from my experience Chemists almost universally never bother making any healing chems, especially when you specifically ask them to.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #390495

I can appreciate the direction they want to go in with this, but it's just a band-aid for a much bigger problem. Instead of gutting sleepers, make it so that more severe injuries require surgery to treat.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #390498

So did you guys forget about how we made sleepers put you in stasis or what
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #390503

iamgoofball wrote:So did you guys forget about how we made sleepers put you in stasis or what
I'm well aware, I read the PR. Problem is medbay will still be severely bottlenecked by chemistry. That situation doesn't exist in other departments presently. Engineers and atmos operate independently, roboticists can do plenty with no research, you can get cargo points for things other than minerals, etc.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #390504

Luke Cox wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:So did you guys forget about how we made sleepers put you in stasis or what
I'm well aware, I read the PR. Problem is medbay will still be severely bottlenecked by chemistry. That situation doesn't exist in other departments presently. Engineers and atmos operate independently, roboticists can do plenty with no research, you can get cargo points for things other than minerals, etc.
Don't forget that acid requirements were explicitly removed from circuits because people shouldn't have to ask chemistry for things if they are vital department.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #390505

People complain about the i stubbed my toe shuttle calls and shorter rounds. This is only gonna make the average round shorter on high pop.
Can you honestly say that the following are not true:
1. More people are gonna die and die faster.
2. Injuries are gonna be way more serious.
3. More people dead and/or dying will cause earlier shuttle calls.
4. Will make the game easier for a bunch of antags who murderbone.
5. Will cause people just to grief medbay even more by try and deplete all the chemicals
6. People who are not MDs will deplete the chemicals non-maliciously because they don't know how it works and the doctors are already dealing with more people.
7. Destroying chemistry effectively fucks over the station even if people build more sleepers.

Don't forget on average even on high pop there's 3 MDs, maybe a CMO and MAYBE 2 chemist which of at least one of them will fuck off and do dumb shit instead of healing chems if not likely both.

There's a max of 4 doc slots. So you have like 4 docs and a CMO for 90+ people at times. On high casualty rounds we're already triaging like hell, especially with George Melons missing 3 of his limbs, half of security either dead or dying in your hall.

This will also generally get docs to stay in medbay more and not venture out to grab suit sensor corpses.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #390506

The current sleeper system is just too easy for my tastes, I get the convenience of having a FIXES-EVERYTHING-IN-SECONDS machine but honestly I think a more involved healing system would make doctor's jobs more satisfying.

I suggested to the PR creator that they remove the "glass cover" on the sleeper and let the doctors be able to apply touch-based heals like brutepacks/ointment/patches/sprays.

Maybe its finally time to cut down on all the medkits lying around the map too.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #390508

Give the MDs a back-area chem office so they aren't beholden to the whims of chemistry to produce what they need. You can gut it out of the patient rooms.

Chemistry can remain the public face it needs to be and they can service the public and assist the doctors as needed, the back-office ensures that there should be at least one method of chemical generation
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #390512

Anonmare wrote:Give the MDs a back-area chem office so they aren't beholden to the whims of chemistry to produce what they need. You can gut it out of the patient rooms.

Chemistry can remain the public face it needs to be and they can service the public and assist the doctors as needed, the back-office ensures that there should be at least one method of chemical generation
how about we remove the chemist job entirely

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #390515

Anonmare wrote:You can gut it out of the patient rooms.
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssss
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #390522

Oldman Robustin wrote:The current sleeper system is just too easy for my tastes, I get the convenience of having a FIXES-EVERYTHING-IN-SECONDS machine but honestly I think a more involved healing system would make doctor's jobs more satisfying.

I suggested to the PR creator that they remove the "glass cover" on the sleeper and let the doctors be able to apply touch-based heals like brutepacks/ointment/patches/sprays.

Maybe its finally time to cut down on all the medkits lying around the map too.
I suggested general scarcity enhancements a while back and got shouted down because not being able to find a thing you need in readily available quantity is "unfun"
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #390523

Atlanta-Ned wrote:
Anonmare wrote:You can gut it out of the patient rooms.
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssss
'sup ligga

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #390524

I like how this is complaining about chemists not doing their jobs when the real answer is get a medibot from robotics.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #390531

Nabski wrote:I like how this is complaining about chemists not doing their jobs when the real answer is get a medibot from robotics.
Yeah just abandon playing as MD and let the medibots do the job I guess.
Remove medbay, replace with a chamber full of medbots
EagleWiz
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Post by EagleWiz » #390541

I think a more complex medical system with more lethal combat, i.e something closer to goonmed would be great. This is a decent step in that direction, although we might end up needing to nerf healbots.

Edit: This makes the medical mechs way more useful, as they will be able to basically act as old sleepers. That's another good thing
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #390543

Just add chem multiplication and allow it to apply touch chems and you have a good new version of the sleeper that isnt free chem city.

It would actual reward medical departments with their shit together.

Also add 2 more sleepers to the sleeper area, or add stasis bags. Part of the problem with this new method will be a backlog of people needing treatment during triage situations, which are already hard even with sufficient medical staff and free chems.

overall adding something like paradise's med system would probably make things more interesting for medics. You can still heal yourself with chems, slowly, but seeing a doctor and getting surgery would be the express way.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #390547

EagleWiz wrote:I think a more complex medical system with more lethal combat, i.e something closer to goonmed would be great. This is a decent step in that direction, although we might end up needing to nerf healbots.

Edit: This makes the medical mechs way more useful, as they will be able to basically act as old sleepers. That's another good thing
Baymed
Break arm, spend 50 minutes in medbay.
EagleWiz
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Post by EagleWiz » #390559

Dax Dupont wrote:
EagleWiz wrote:I think a more complex medical system with more lethal combat, i.e something closer to goonmed would be great. This is a decent step in that direction, although we might end up needing to nerf healbots.

Baymed
Yeah, as opposed to

TG
Beat coworkers unconscious with a crowbar when theres a workplace disagreement, coworker is perfectly fine a minute and a couple bruise patches later.

I didn't say go fully in that direction, but where we are now is pretty much the polar opposite of that. Plus aside from the near instant healing being silly, making it harder to heal would probably reduce the level of stupid crew infighting/tidery/crit first ask questions later.
Nitrousoxide
Byond Username: Nitro2985

Post by Nitrousoxide » #390574

EagleWiz wrote:
Dax Dupont wrote:

Baymed
Yeah, as opposed to

TG
Beat coworkers unconscious with a crowbar when theres a workplace disagreement, coworker is perfectly fine a minute and a couple bruise patches later.

I didn't say go fully in that direction, but where we are now is pretty much the polar opposite of that. Plus aside from the near instant healing being silly, making it harder to heal would probably reduce the level of stupid crew infighting/tidery/crit first ask questions later.
I REALLY doubt anyone has stayed their hand because they took a moment to consider how long someone else would be in medbay.