New Bags of Holding and the Tear in Reality

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

New Bags of Holding and the Tear in Reality

Post by Bombadil » #414146

Major issue with the chasm: No tell that someone is doing it. They just put two bags of holding together and instant chasm. Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of timer/tell that someone was going to put a bag of holding into a bag of holding
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Re: New Bags of Holding and the Tear in Reality

Post by Bluespace » #414155

I think it's good as is, but god fucking damn is the white chasm sprite ugly.
I play Boris Pepper.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #414164

you didn't get a warning when someone singulo'd either so I don't see how this is a problem unless the range is fuckhuge
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #414171

D&B wrote:you didn't get a warning when someone singulo'd either so I don't see how this is a problem unless the range is fuckhuge
The range is pretty fuckhuge. It's the size of the shuttle basically.
I play Boris Pepper.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #414174

unless you were within like 4x4 of the person doing the bag thing and got instagibbed, you used to have a good 50/50 to run away successfully before you got knocked over from the gravity/out from radiation
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #414175

I got to use one against an ops ship a couple days ago, it's surprisingly large and extremely easy to survive against as the bomber if you have a space/hardsuit.
I can imagine the havoc a miner with a backpack full of jaunters and a locker of printed bags could do. Or stolen handtele,various way around it.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #414184

the whole point of making it less of a round ender was to go back to not having any immersion breaking popups/warnings
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #414228

How making it easier to Boh bomb accidentally makes it less of a round ender?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #414267

BoH bombing the shuttle seems to have gotten even more popular now since you can easily survive doing it if you just have a space suit, meanwhile anyone caught off guard without one is as good as dead with no warning

Should add a ladder that's guaranteed to lead to a dungeon with the materials to build a teleporter scattered around so at least people have a chance to escape instead of killing themselves out of boredom
oranges wrote:the whole point of making it less of a round ender was to go back to not having any immersion breaking popups/warnings
Getting instantly sucked into an inescapable room with a singularity made out of byond code and coder sprites does wonders for my immersion
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #414326

Mickyan wrote:BoH bombing the shuttle seems to have gotten even more popular now since you can easily survive doing it if you just have a space suit, meanwhile anyone caught off guard without one is as good as dead with no warning

Should add a ladder that's guaranteed to lead to a dungeon with the materials to build a teleporter scattered around so at least people have a chance to escape instead of killing themselves out of boredom
oranges wrote:the whole point of making it less of a round ender was to go back to not having any immersion breaking popups/warnings
Getting instantly sucked into an inescapable room with a singularity made out of byond code and coder sprites does wonders for my immersion
I think the idea is the tear in reality is the inside of the boh
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #414481

It doesn't break immersion.

It tears it duh.
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Post by Shezza » #416554

Just abuse it harder than old bohs were abused and this gets removed
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #416602

The sprite looks like shit but it works
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #416792

what happens if you put a boh into a boh inside the tear

edit: nothing
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #416799

server crashes
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Post by Anuv » #417104

New BoH takes the op nuke to their base/CentCom z-level and bombs it if it's armed. Doesn't end the round.
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #417787

That's actually pretty funny

The white tear is ugly as shit though. It barely even looks like a chasm.