Gygax Leg Overload

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Gygax Leg Overload

Post by PKPenguin321 » #435402

The gygax leg overload thing that makes them run really fast is kind of broken. Witnessed an insane murderbone involving it just a minute ago. Apparently now it just drains energy in exchange for allowing you to go sanic speed in a mech, which lets you basically instakill people by walking into them. Combine that with an energy relay and a bluespace power cell and you are basically just a walking immovable rod with unlimited electricity.

Players were certain it was a bug because it was so strong.

Any thoughts on this?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Gygax Leg Overload

Post by Anonmare » #435403

I told you it was OP but nobody ever listens to the rabbit
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #435404

i ded

but seriously actually dont let the energy relay give infinite power, make it merely draw in power passively while still making it shut off (or disfunctional) when at next to no power (which was what I thought this stupid addon was meant to do???)
Last edited by Kel on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #435405

Nuke ops have infinite energy because of their energy relay so their gygax is even more lethal since it can constantly run. Nuke ops also rarely blow up the SM or use a powersink so it's not like the station is gonna lose power anytime soon.
angelstarri
Byond Username: Angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #435406

Make it like MASC from the Mechwarrior games. You can only use it for short bursts of time before your mech starts to take damage, to the point of almost complete immobilization if used continuously.

Code: Select all

I strongly suspected the borgs were one humaned by the Captain because of their increasingly strange behavior throughout the round after the Captain had entered their upload and seemingly changed the laws. I had asked twice if I could blow the borgs to no response (because there was no admin online apparently). They were constantly complimenting the Captain and calling her pretty and essentially threatening people who called the Captain ugly - Pepper Oni.
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Post by Anuv » #435468

Let the Dark Gygax keep the wall/body punching ability with overload. Remove it from the basic Gygax so it can just run around open hallways quickly. Problem solved.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #435470

Yeah "OVERLOAD" implies it'll cause damage if you keep it going too long. It should start sparking after a few seconds of use and start fucking your mech up
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #435509

Stickymayhem wrote:Yeah "OVERLOAD" implies it'll cause damage if you keep it going too long. It should start sparking after a few seconds of use and start fucking your mech up
It used to drain your battery in seconds, which was the major downside. Instead of having it do damage, just fix it so that it turns off relays/engines and drains a percentage of the battery and not a set amount. bring it back down to what it was originally intended.
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #436629

Well, unless you do something like get slime cells you still run out of power in like a minute and the relay charging is incredibly slow.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #436644

Yakumo_Chen wrote:Well, unless you do something like get slime cells you still run out of power in like a minute and the relay charging is incredibly slow.
It's absolutely still enough to keep you going for an hour, which if you're murdering everybody will be about as long as the entire round
Spoiler:
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #436648

Since when did the power usage get buffed to actually last?
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Post by Shezza » #436684

Relay is broken right now afaik, it lets you use equipement with no power or some shit.

On bluespace cell you'd be able to run for about 1-2 minutes before draining the cell.
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #436735

Stickymayhem wrote:Yeah "OVERLOAD" implies it'll cause damage if you keep it going too long. It should start sparking after a few seconds of use and start fucking your mech up
It does damage your mech I thought.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #436737

ShadowDimentio wrote:
It does damage your mech I thought.
Supposedly it used to but was changed to power drain
Spoiler:
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #436738

It apparently was changed. But it should severely fuck up your mech faster than a repair bot can fix it to outright causing calibration errors with extended use so you can't walk in a straight line.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #437148

Davidchan wrote:It apparently was changed. But it should severely fuck up your mech faster than a repair bot can fix it to outright causing calibration errors with extended use so you can't walk in a straight line.
I gotta say, I like the idea of a mech drunkenly stumbling and crashing into things.