[POLL] Security Sprite Changes

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

Moderators: MisterPerson, Code Maintainers

Which sprites do you prefer?

Current Sprites
65
25%
Current Sprites
65
25%
Current Sprites
65
25%
Paprika's Sprites
17
7%
Paprika's Sprites
17
7%
Paprika's Sprites
17
7%
Abstain
5
2%
Abstain
5
2%
Abstain
5
2%
 
Total votes : 261

User avatar
ThatSlyFox
 
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:00 am
Location: USA!
Byond Username: ThatSlyFox

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby ThatSlyFox » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:22 pm #50759

So this still got added. What was the point of this poll again?



iyaerP
 
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:01 pm
Byond Username: IyaerP

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby iyaerP » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:26 pm #50761

To conclusively prove that the coderbus doesn't give a flying fuck what the players think.

User avatar
danno
 
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:07 pm
Location: e-mail me if you want a pizza roll
Byond Username: Dannno

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby danno » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:12 pm #50770

^seriously
Hornygranny wrote:wtf i like danno now

Image
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit

User avatar
Steelpoint
Github User
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:37 pm
Location: The Armoury
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby Steelpoint » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:34 am #50792

If the Beret had the same armour values as a Helmet then there would be no problem?
Image

User avatar
RG4
 
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:19 am
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby RG4 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:23 am #50805

Pap collectively hurts the sever more than he really tries to make it good by forcing upon us changes that were never asked for.

User avatar
lumipharon
 
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:40 am
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby lumipharon » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:49 am #50817

I'm fine with the current unarmored beret (it's a fucking beret), the recent change to make bowman headsets give flashbang protection like a helmet was very nice. Removing the minor armor on jumpsuits made armorless, casual sec less fun though. It's one of those minor issues, that is super hard to get reverted, because when you try argue it, you basically get told to deal with it, and stop making a fuss because it's not a big deal. The problem however, is if it's not a big deal, why it needs to be changed.

Focusing bonuses into less items for balane reasons is also bollocks, all it does is buff non sec who have armor, in comparison to sec with armor, same with the other jumpsuits. Adding the jumpsuit's armor to the base stats of armor/the other vests further just highlight that issue. Also an actual practical reason, armor only covers the chest, not the arms and legs. So acid will be able to melt you harder without an armored jumpsuit.

Aleph
 
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:20 am

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby Aleph » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am #50823

lumipharon wrote:Focusing bonuses into less items for balane reasons is also bollocks, all it does is buff non sec who have armor, in comparison to sec with armor, same with the other jumpsuits. Adding the jumpsuit's armor to the base stats of armor/the other vests further just highlight that issue. Also an actual practical reason, armor only covers the chest, not the arms and legs. So acid will be able to melt you harder without an armored jumpsuit.


Didn't we JUST nerf polyacid because it was too good of a murder tool?

User avatar
lumipharon
 
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:40 am
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby lumipharon » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:18 am #50824

It still is. Off topic from this thread, but the issue with poly spray is/was that it hits every part of your body. Please get a little spray bottle in real life and spray someone's entire body in a single squirt.

User avatar
Loonikus
 
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:20 am
Byond Username: Loonicus

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby Loonikus » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:36 am #50840

As it stands, I personally believe security looks a little too tacticool. I mean, a lot of people are under the impression that Sec is nothing but mall cops in space, a lot of other people are under the impression that they are actual cops in space. Neither perspective is really in agreement with the decked out helmet/mask combo, MOLLE webbing on the vests, and shin pads that Sec has now. As it stands, they look more like SWAT or other high risk officers than regular beat officers. I guess its a matter of fluff perspective, but I think they just look a little tooled up as they are.

That being said, I still like our current sprites better, mainly due to the detail of the new ones over the plain and dated looking old sprites. The only thing I would change now are the colors, which I believe should be more in-line with the old color scheme of soft red and grey over blood red and black. Lightening the colors a tad should make them look a bit less high-speed-low-drag.

User avatar
paprika
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: in down bad
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby paprika » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:08 am #50850

ThatSlyFox wrote:So this still got added. What was the point of this poll again?

Nothing, this is why I didn't make a poll and told steelpoint it would be a waste of time if people didn't actually express their arguments in the PR or on #coderbus. I believe polls are fairly stupid and a waste of time, I only make them when they're for fun discussions rather than actually deciding things. The only times I've made polls to decide things is when I've been told to, IE the assistant maint poll that scaredy told me to make.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.

User avatar
Steelpoint
Github User
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:37 pm
Location: The Armoury
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby Steelpoint » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:06 am #50873

It would not be hard to fluff up an excuse as to why the Security Beret's offer Helmet levels of protection, similar to the Head of Security's Beret or the Death Squad Officers Beret. In this scenario we should argue that the Officers Beret simply uses Reinforced Fabric to give a very robust level of protection to its wearer.

The biggest, and in my opinion the best, argument in this sprite change debacle is that the sprites on offer make Sec Officers look to intimidating, or more accuratly they look to aggressive too early in the round. It does not matter if we use ausops sprites or paprika's sprites as they both portray the same image (hence why I want to revert to the subjectively superior ausops sprites)

However, as I've showncased many times in this thread, the Beret+Armour is a far more attractive clothing set, and is far less threatening from the get go. I think if we simply remove the Jumpsuits kneepads and make the Beret the default headgear, that would solve the biggest issue people have with Sec Armour in my opinion.
Last edited by Steelpoint on Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
danno
 
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:07 pm
Location: e-mail me if you want a pizza roll
Byond Username: Dannno

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby danno » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:06 am #50874

ALL THE ARGUMENTS HERE ARE INVALID BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH I READ THEM THEY WEREN'T ON THE PR OR THE SHIT IRC CHANNEL YA DINGOS
Hornygranny wrote:wtf i like danno now

Image
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit

User avatar
paprika
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: in down bad
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby paprika » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:35 am #50893

No, all arguments here are invalid because they're fucking terrible.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:46 pm.
Reason: Requested

User avatar
Steelpoint
Github User
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:37 pm
Location: The Armoury
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby Steelpoint » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:49 am #50922

I've put up a compromise PR in the hope of generating more discussion on the issue with coderbus, link here: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/6395
Image

User avatar
danno
 
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:07 pm
Location: e-mail me if you want a pizza roll
Byond Username: Dannno

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby danno » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:36 pm #50977

Violaceus wrote:
paprika wrote:No, all arguments here are invalid because they're fucking terrible.

lol

Your arguments are invalid.

Because I say so.

even violaceus knows you're being a prick, paprika
jesus
Hornygranny wrote:wtf i like danno now

Image
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit

User avatar
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:17 pm
Byond Username: Cipher3

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby Cipher3 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:18 pm #51037

danno wrote:
Violaceus wrote:
paprika wrote:No, all arguments here are invalid because they're fucking terrible.

lol

Your arguments are invalid.

Because I say so.

even violaceus knows you're being a prick, paprika
jesus

"All comments about a poll on sprite changes (a matter of opinion) are terrible. Your opinions are terrible, because they aren't facts, in relation to a PR based on style opinion."

"My opinion is better than your opinion."

It's not like we haven't heard this before from Paprika, though.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.


I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus


Image

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:46 pm.
Reason: Requested

User avatar
ShadowDimentio
 
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 3:15 am
Byond Username: David273

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby ShadowDimentio » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:14 pm #51048

So if there's a thread about a change on the forums with 75 fucking percent of the people who voted on it saying that they don't like it, merging it is a extremely obnoxious thing to do.

I mean it'd be one thing if the coder hadn't seen the thread until after the change got merged and they were like "Oh shit sorry I didn't see that there, I'll just revert this until we come to an agreement or something"-- no. Paprika clearly saw this and ignored a 3-1 vote against him and got this merged.

Literally couldn't be disregarding the player's input and what they want any harder.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:46 pm.
Reason: Requested

User avatar
Loonikus
 
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:20 am
Byond Username: Loonicus

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby Loonikus » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:31 pm #51055

Violaceus wrote:So paprikan change was merged.

Why?

Is there a bigger "fuck you" that coders can show to community?


I can't think of one, no.

The fact that people still call /tg/ code a "community effort" makes me laugh. It hasn't been a community effort in a long time. The project is always ruled over by one or two egotistical manchildren who obviously know best for the unwashed masses.

They know that the vast majority of people don't like the change. They just don't care. Let that sink in, they are working on this game for their own personal enjoyment and nobody else.

Its this kind of behavior that made me take a break from space station 13. I'm sad to see that this leadership style is still so prevalent.

User avatar
danno
 
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:07 pm
Location: e-mail me if you want a pizza roll
Byond Username: Dannno

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby danno » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:12 am #51105

^ seriously. seriously. what else is there to even say
Hornygranny wrote:wtf i like danno now

Image
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit

User avatar
Spacezenegger
 
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:43 am

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby Spacezenegger » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:42 am #51118

I personally like the older sprites, I think security looks too militarized. I thought we always wanted to avoid that.

That being said this is not cool:
paprika wrote:
ThatSlyFox wrote:So this still got added. What was the point of this poll again?

Nothing, this is why I didn't make a poll and told steelpoint it would be a waste of time if people didn't actually express their arguments in the PR or on #coderbus. I believe polls are fairly stupid and a waste of time, I only make them when they're for fun discussions rather than actually deciding things. The only times I've made polls to decide things is when I've been told to, IE the assistant maint poll that scaredy told me to make.
Why do we have to express ourselves in #coderbus or in the PR? What are the feedback forums for, what are the poll threads for? Some of us can't AFK in #coderbus all day to talk about the latest coder mishap and not everyone knows how/wants to make a Github account to discuss a PR. Again, what are the forums for?

paprika wrote:No, all arguments here are invalid because they're fucking terrible.

This is becoming a typical coder response to when the players don't like their addition to the game.

User avatar
paprika
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: in down bad
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby paprika » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:10 am #51126

You have to express yourself in #coderbus or IRC because this place has recently become a den of shitposting and whining and I'm not saying hard for me to discern anti paprika shitposting from legitimate opinions but honestly I've stopped reading most posts here.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.

User avatar
paprika
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: in down bad
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby paprika » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:18 am #51131

Spacezenegger wrote: I think security looks too militarized. I thought we always wanted to avoid that.

Also you answered your own question here as to why my changes to the sprites got merged:

Because we don't want sercurity to look like fucking shock trooper thought police, it leaves a bad assumption for new players.

Yes, ausops sprites are more detailed, I'm not blind. But not only is overdetail a problem and clashes with the aesthetic of the game but they look like absolute garbo on the bartender/HoP. Steelpoint got them merged because they were simply a lot better and the detail was insane, so basically nobody argued against them being added on that fact alone.

HOWEVER, the people who did argue against it brought up COMPLETELY legitimate points about how the dark new armor would make sec look more and more militarized and would be a slippery slope to where the community would just accept this as /tg/'s status quo for security.

This is not a good thing, and people will dislike it because they hate change, but I'm gutting this security nazi boner from security because it's fucking disgusting.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.

User avatar
Steelpoint
Github User
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:37 pm
Location: The Armoury
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby Steelpoint » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:08 am #51175

People's opinion of Security has never change in the two years I've been around here. Once again, its very easy for us to create a armour subtype to give to the bartender/HoP if that's a issue.

The beret is a well liked sprite which makes sec officers more approachable, your sprites don't fix that as all it does is swap out the sprites for a less detailed version that changes nothing.

Here's what Security Officers would look like in my current PR.

Image
Image

User avatar
danno
 
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:07 pm
Location: e-mail me if you want a pizza roll
Byond Username: Dannno

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby danno » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:35 am #51180

paprika wrote:You have to express yourself in #coderbus or IRC because this place has recently become a den of shitposting and whining and I'm not saying hard for me to discern anti paprika shitposting from legitimate opinions but honestly I've stopped reading most posts here.

how are you surprised that people don't like you when you choose to ignore legitimate feedback out of paranoia and propagate more hate of yourself

This is the feedback section of the /tg/station forums
it's for feedback for /tg/station features
it's just as valid as the IRC or github
Hornygranny wrote:wtf i like danno now

Image
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit

User avatar
paprika
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: in down bad
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby paprika » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:51 am #51183

Says who, again?

I'm pretty sure I can choose to take feedback from wherever the hell I want, and due to the post quality here, I don't think it's unreasonable to prefer or outright ignore sources that aren't directly related to the project or places I hang out often like #coderbus.

Steelpoint wrote:your sprites don't fix that as all it does is swap out the sprites for a less detailed version that changes nothing.

Which is why i made this PR, which updates the detail of the old sprites to be nearly 1:1 with ausops sprites.
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/6406

All I'm saying is don't act surprised when the people in charge of the codebase review a PR based on the arguments presented in the PR and not forum polls, but that would probably mean putting effort into rationally thinking about these changes rather than comparing two numbers on the forums which could have been affected by a number of things. It's baffling people try to discredit the poll I made for assistant maint access and then present this like it's concrete proof the community 100% prefers shitty dark military armor rather than our old grey/red scheme.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.

deputi
 
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:20 pm
Byond Username: Deputi

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby deputi » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:57 am #51187

paprika wrote:No, all arguments here are invalid because they're fucking terrible.

Yea, why don't you guys take a hint from paprika and learn how to make VALID ARGUMENTS!
Image

User avatar
Loonikus
 
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:20 am
Byond Username: Loonicus

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby Loonikus » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:04 am #51190

If this place has become too "toxic" for feedback, than you should be yelling at the board moderators to clean it up, not us for sharing our opinions. I'm more than willing to bet that if everyone in this thread made a github account and posted their opinions on github, you would complain that github is too toxic for proper feedback too and that now github opinions were invalid because they aren't posted on the IRC.

Besides, the Corporate Security sprites from the imageboard are the best replacements I've seen so far. Even if they do have a little inspiration from outside sources. Except for the formal coat shown, which looks pretty goofy.

User avatar
Nienhaus
 
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:18 am
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby Nienhaus » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:05 am #51191

Okay I need to know who made those because those are awesome.
Hey.

User avatar
Steelpoint
Github User
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:37 pm
Location: The Armoury
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby Steelpoint » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:10 am #51192

Those sprites look familiar? Are they wearing armour or is that just a jumpsuit?
Image

User avatar
Loonikus
 
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:20 am
Byond Username: Loonicus

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby Loonikus » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:13 am #51193

Steelpoint wrote:Those sprites look familiar? Are they wearing armour or is that just a jumpsuit?


Its armor and a jumpsuit. They look familiar because they are heavily inspired by Sarif Security from DE:HR.

Edit: And before anyone gets any ideas, these are not mine. I'm not nearly this good at spriting.

User avatar
Nienhaus
 
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:18 am
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby Nienhaus » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:24 am #51194

Image
Who are you mystery man!
Hey.

User avatar
paprika
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: in down bad
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby paprika » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:43 am #51195

deputi wrote:
paprika wrote:No, all arguments here are invalid because they're fucking terrible.

Yea, why don't you guys take a hint from paprika and learn how to make VALID ARGUMENTS!
Image

>ignoring the context of this post

Nice cherrypicking dude, you're one of the best I've seen
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.

User avatar
Scones
 
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:46 am
Location: cooler than thou
Byond Username: Scones

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby Scones » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:19 am #51207

Oh man, those corporate Security sprites look kickass.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha

User avatar
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:55 pm
Location: Scotland, UK
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby Thunder11 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:32 am #51209

I'd wear those any day.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!

That's thinking on your feet, soldier!

Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all

oranges wrote:

Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.

Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578

User avatar
paprika
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: in down bad
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby paprika » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:41 am #51215

I'll add them to replace the formal sprites I added recently since they look way better.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.

User avatar
Steelpoint
Github User
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:37 pm
Location: The Armoury
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby Steelpoint » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:54 am #51217

Did a in game look and this is what a default spawning Security Officer would look like, one with a Beret and the Warden (HoS Armour is bugged for me so I could not show that)

Image

I'm a bit iffy on them, they don't look distinctly like a Security Officer with no real identifiable colour/department marking aside from the beret. Also there is little colour difference between a Sec Officer, Warden and the Head of Security aside from a few pixels and the head ware.
Image

User avatar
Loonikus
 
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:20 am
Byond Username: Loonicus

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby Loonikus » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:01 am #51218

Ya, they look kinda funky in game. Maybe if the red were a little brighter, the red band went up the sleeves a little more, and the tie was a little more pronounced. In other words, maybe it needs more red.

Also, don't forget a backpack. All the screenshots we've seen show them without the distinct Sec backpack.

RogerWilco
 
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 12:53 pm
Byond Username: BlakeJohnson

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby RogerWilco » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:30 am #51229

Oh paprika, if there's a 74% vote against using these shitty sprites, DO NOT GET THEM FUCKING MERGED

Aleph
 
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:20 am

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby Aleph » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:33 am #51230

I actually really like the uniforms. You could make the tan a really faded out red if it has to be like that, and the tie the original tan color.

If the security armor will becomes it's own thing, then something like printing 'SECURITY' on the back would be nice for those who use the satchel backpacks.

User avatar
danno
 
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:07 pm
Location: e-mail me if you want a pizza roll
Byond Username: Dannno

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby danno » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:49 pm #51270

paprika wrote:Says who, again?

what is this even supposed to mean

RogerWilco wrote:Oh paprika, if there's a 74% vote against using these shitty sprites, DO NOT GET THEM FUCKING MERGED

^ seriously
Hornygranny wrote:wtf i like danno now

Image
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit

User avatar
Steelpoint
Github User
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:37 pm
Location: The Armoury
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby Steelpoint » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:43 pm #51288

I've also given the HoP/Bartender pap's armour sprites.

Beretcurity 2014?
Image

User avatar
RG4
 
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:19 am
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby RG4 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:27 pm #51344

Pap when you basically forego what the players say then the players hate you. Then you say a player poll means nothing when it's against you entirely. You're being a massive fucking tool because a number of people who make up the daily player base are saying don't merge it. Then it ends up getting merged despite overall hate for it.

User avatar
Spacezenegger
 
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:43 am

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby Spacezenegger » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:10 am #51418

danno wrote:
paprika wrote:You have to express yourself in #coderbus or IRC because this place has recently become a den of shitposting and whining and I'm not saying hard for me to discern anti paprika shitposting from legitimate opinions but honestly I've stopped reading most posts here.

how are you surprised that people don't like you when you choose to ignore legitimate feedback out of paranoia and propagate more hate of yourself

This is the feedback section of the /tg/station forums
it's for feedback for /tg/station features
it's just as valid as the IRC or github

#coderbus and github aren't exactly better when it comes to shitposting and whining.

User avatar
Steelpoint
Github User
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:37 pm
Location: The Armoury
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby Steelpoint » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:58 am #51595

My sprite revert/beret addition was recently merged: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/6395

Thanks everyone! I'll look at some minor armour changes soon, such as letting cargo order in papriak's armour sprites instead of Sec's sprites.
Image

User avatar
Grazyn
 
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 am
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby Grazyn » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:19 am #51597

Damn I was really hoping that the checkerboard armor would be gone forever, not to mention that I was looking forward to the new formal sec suits and the TACTICOOL armor ruins them. In fact, the formal suits PR https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/6409 has been tagged with merge conflict.

User avatar
Steelpoint
Github User
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:37 pm
Location: The Armoury
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby Steelpoint » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:22 am #51598

That's what happens when many people are altering the same files, shame there's no easy way to avoid merge conflicts.

Currently the Bartender and the Head of Personal will both get paprika's armour sprite alternative, I'm also considering replacing the armour cargo get's with pap's sprites as well. This would show a better difference between Security's armour and Civilian armour.
Image

User avatar
Grazyn
 
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 am
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: [POLL] Security Sprite Changes

Postby Grazyn » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:32 am #51602

What if you replace the armors in sec lockers with pap's armor, spawning/latejoining officers get ausops armor. This way we can still keep the formal suits, officers can swap their tacticool armor with the less threatening one to go along with the formal suit, and at the same time civilians who get job-replaced to security get the civilian armor from the lockers so it's instantly obvious they're "rookies".

PreviousNext

Return to Coding Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users