Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Post by deedubya » #517867

Bottom post of the previous page:

Oldman Robustin wrote:It wouldn't be THAT hard to tamp down the reaction formulas to bring them down to more realistic levels.

The most sensible solution to me would be to just have stupidly high temps melt the floor (unless its reinforced). Space gives the fusion gas a good succ and the problem kinda resolves itself. People trying to wipe the station would at least have to try to strike a balance instead of just going full throttle on making the hottest gas possible.
The issue is that fusion temps are so hot and so abundant that they can literally heat the entire z-level to unlivable levels. Yes, that includes the vast open space surrounding the station, nevermind single tiles exposed to space.

also holy shit an oldman post in current year
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Post by oranges » #517898

Oldman Robustin wrote:It wouldn't be THAT hard to tamp down the reaction formulas to bring them down to more realistic levels.

The most sensible solution to me would be to just have stupidly high temps melt the floor (unless its reinforced). Space gives the fusion gas a good succ and the problem kinda resolves itself. People trying to wipe the station would at least have to try to strike a balance instead of just going full throttle on making the hottest gas possible.
wtf I thought you were dead man

also stop repeating what i already said.