Stun Overhaul Feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: Stun Overhaul Feedback

Post by paprika » #54994

Bottom post of the previous page:

Antonkr wrote:I really dislike the egun change most. HoS relies on Eguns heavily as his primary weapon, and removing the stun function just make it really lame and useless. Disablers as shown are well, just that, useless. I dislike the tone of "eguns won't be getting back their stun function" because imo, it makes the egun entirely worthless for what it is supposed to be.
A stun and lase ezmode weapon? No thanks, the stun function on the egun is for making targets easier to fill with lasers or smack with your telebaton, fuck the tase and lase mentality to infinity and byond.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #54995

Leave the Ebow with unlimited ammo but just reduce it's range and make it's cooldown a little bit longer. Giving it limited ammo will make it near useless.

And a question, is there anyway for changelings to reduce the disabler damager? I tried using fleshmend but that didn't work and using the overdose doesn't really help since you will move so slowly.
Ergovisavi
Byond Username: Ergovisavi

Post by Ergovisavi » #54996

There is no method currently available in the game to heal stamina damage other than the passive regeneration you constantly have going, or sleeping. I added it to my PR, but since this one was added instead, changelings are fucked.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #54998

Tsaricide wrote:And a question, is there anyway for changelings to reduce the disabler damager? I tried using fleshmend but that didn't work and using the overdose doesn't really help since you will move so slowly.
I addressed this in my upcoming PR already, no worries.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #55277

DemonFiren wrote:But does he have acc...oh, wait, HoP.
Contrary to popular belief, the HoP has access to sec lockers. I've seen too many HoPs stunned and stripped by HoSs who ignored this little piece of information.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #55284

HoP actually has full brig access, except for armory and HoS office. That includes permabrig, timers and detective's office.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #55285

Grazyn wrote:
Contrary to popular belief, the HoP has access to sec lockers. I've seen too many HoPs stunned and stripped by HoSs who ignored this little piece of information.
Sadly its not the Head of Personal's job to have possession of Security equipment. Also all heads of staff have brig access, though it is true that for some reason the HoP has access to all of security.

Either way, access does not equal authorization. If you burst into Sec's equipment room and start taking security equipment don't act surprised (as they all do) when the HoS robusts you.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #55296

Heads of staff have access to the lobby and break room.

As for access and authority, I hate when HoP/captain comes at round start, collects half of armory and robs officer lockers, but I also hate it when HoS or, god forbid, warden goes all "RESPECT MAI AUTHORATEY" and stuncuffs heads who actually have legitimate concerns about their employees being mistreated and drag them out of the brig, even though they are totally authorized to be there.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #55297

Hop is the just in case head.

Cap dead well just in case here have a hop.

Security absent/dead/worthless? Here a hop looky at that.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #55436

Would prefer ebows have an alternate reload system. Playing around with the foam dart bow has pretty much convinced me the bolts will just be gone by random providence unless you are being a shitty maint assassin and pretending it is a parapen.

Maybe clip/batteries that reload themselves on hand activation after a few seconds but are radioactive while they do it? So those without rad protection get a hidey hole for their recharging clips.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #55440

Good? Not sure what to tell you, ebows are stupid overpowered as it stands. They either keep their ridiculous stun or unlimited ammo, not both.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #55505

Tasers also technically have unlimited ammo but they need to reload at chargers. Making the clips self reloading but dangerous to be around when reloading should make them basically a differing recharge mechanic.

Frankly the most boring traitors to me are the ones that loot an officer or raid the armoury all the fucking time to get top sec gear, make the ebow too shit and they will almost do that all the time.

Reminder you can move rechargers so it wouldn't be op if there was a similar recharge time and a mechanic to encourage them to drop it somewhere or wrench it down or whatever.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #55506

Incomptinence wrote:Frankly the most boring traitors to me are the ones that loot an officer or raid the armoury all the fucking time to get top sec gear, make the ebow too shit and they will almost do that all the time.
If this actually happened more, wardens might actually start doing their jobs and guarding the armory instead of going off to ERP in medbay.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #55576

Steelpoint wrote:
Grazyn wrote:
Sadly its not the Head of Personal's job to have possession of Security equipment. Also all heads of staff have brig access, though it is true that for some reason the HoP has access to all of security.

Either way, access does not equal authorization. If you burst into Sec's equipment room and start taking security equipment don't act surprised (as they all do) when the HoS robusts you.
Standard ID access should be treated with a little more respect than upgraded access though, this is not the case with many HoSs stuncuffing the HoP because "You gave yourself access to steal sec equipment, shitty HoP, im demoting you". And by the way the HoP can't access the armory, just sec lockers, so there's that. Usually HoPs just go there to grab a pair of SecHuds, but I guess that if they're gonna start looting lockers for tasers it should be better to remove their standard access.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #55607

This hasn't been a bad change generally. Disablers make for fights where actually being consistently accurate matters a lot more.
Were Eguns buffed/Shotguns fixed yet?
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #55663

While I like the idea of it I've found almost every gunfight I've been in since the change to end in EVERYONE GET ON THE FLOOR with the winner being the person who can scramble to pick up the best weapon that got dropped in the process the quickest.

I'm really not sure what can be done about it, it's just an observation and something I dislike since the change.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #55664

btw the new eguns go invisible in hand when you empty them
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #55708

danno wrote:btw the new eguns go invisible in hand when you empty them
Not making an issue request.

I just took a look and somehow something weird happened, some of the Egun sprites are MIA. I know that this was not the case a week ago since I'm responsible for the Egun's minor colour change.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #55720

The inhand files are at the limit, steelpoint, you have to remove unused inhands and shit before doing this. This is why I told you to get rid of the 'dark blue' egun sprites and just replace them with the new light blue ones.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #55734

paprika wrote:The inhand files are at the limit, steelpoint, you have to remove unused inhands and shit before doing this. This is why I told you to get rid of the 'dark blue' egun sprites and just replace them with the new light blue ones.
I did.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #55765

Weird, might as well make a new PR for it then, it might be at the limit. Double check before committing to ensure your inhands are in the files
Aleph

Post by Aleph » #55769

Can't you do somthing with all those jumpsuit inhands?
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #55771

Aleph wrote:Can't you do somthing with all those jumpsuit inhands?
Bit off topic. May want to make a spriting thread.

I really do like this change. I don't think it is tuned but it definitely leads the game in interesting places and the added stat of fatigue damage on a weapon brings us to: Range, ammo, damage, stun (yes or no), projectile type, damage type, and fatigue. Meaning this is one of those underlying changes that can be built on to diversify the weapon set and make more options viable.

The ability to disable through glass also feels amazing.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #56931

Can secbelts hold tasers? HoS already has an eyepatch hud, all we need now is to carry a brace of tasers and be the most robust pirate on the seven sectors of space
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #57129

Another stun change got merged from pap, link here: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/6747

Things of note.
  • Buffed Tasers to 20 disable shots
  • Disable weapons are defended from energy defence values, not from laser.
  • Shotgun and Detective Revolvers are buffed to stun properly.
  • Ebow now bolt fed, does not have unlimited ammo. Price dropped to 10 TC's.
  • Can attach a Seclit to a Advance Taser
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #57133

Steelpoint wrote:Another stun change got merged from pap, link here: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/6747
>Added an LMG and a 6-shot grenade launcher to the syndicate borg to replace the laser gun and ebow. The LMG will automatically regenerate ammo like the ebow did, does no stun, but does 35 damage and shits on anything with a nearly bottomless magazine. The grenades will also wreck people since the syndie borg's ez mode stuns have been removed for compensation and the borg still remains 40tc.

What the fuck

I honestly don't know how to feel about this, i'll have to see it in action first.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #57143

Isn't the potential knockout effect from explosions stronger than modern stuns?

Can the borg even reload that grenade launcher from a bought clip?
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #57150

Paprikas Brain Wrote:
Hmmm. Syndie borgs can't instantly stun people anymore, that's a pretty big nerf... I know! I'll give them a semi-automatic rotary drum fed 40mm grenade launcher! That seems balanced!
I'd pay 40 crystals just to have the grenade launcher, the borg is just icing on the cake. I guess we'll see how it goes.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #57227

That's pretty balanced though considering like 100% of syndicate borgs relied on the ebow
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #57379

Considering new damage output maybe change the charge needed to esword? Always struck me silly that 30 damage melee was considered 5 times more powerful (going by the five times charge, well being silly but he even got the number of hits to crit a guy wrong) than a 20 damage laser by the guy who made the module. With 35 damage ranged and a deeper clip it becomes even more silly
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #57386

Well the esword can knock people out, can't it?
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #57397

Not sure the exact chance on that hence why most people couple it with a proper stun I suppose.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #57415

yeah I might tweak the syndie borg's loadout more after observing more rounds with them. Until then, enjoy unstunnable rambo.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #57434

Incomptinence wrote:Not sure the exact chance on that hence why most people couple it with a proper stun I suppose.
I thought KD was (10+force)%
WeeYakk
Byond Username: Yakk

Post by WeeYakk » #58782

Was ninja's stun dart or whatever staying 1 hit stun intentional or just overlooked? Cbf to read this whole thread to look for anything on ninjas.

P indifferent to the entire change, maybe give tasers more disabler shots or let them keep 5 taser shots but keep the range nerf. I dunno mang.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #58788

Tasers have 20 disabler shots as of a few days ago

The nerf to tasers where they had 2 shots was an unintentional bug