The detective's revolver

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

The detective's revolver

Post by Wyzack » #56226

So as a side effect of the recent stun changes the detective's revolver has become pretty damn useless. It does too little damage to be an effective weapon in lethal combat and no longer is able to reliably stun. The way i see it there are a few ways this can be fixed, but it depends on the role we want the detective to fill. The obvious solution is just to increase the stamina damage that it does so that you can knock someone down in one or two hits. The problem here is that this may make it too powerful compared to other weapons. Regardless, it is not the detective's job to be arresting people unless there is no one else availible to do so.

Another option would be to raise damage to put it on par with the sketchkin. This would make it more of a self defense weapon and prevent detectives from neglecting their duty to be the sec officer with the cool coat and gun. The obvious downside is that validhunters will choose the job to hunt antags for sport, and detectives may crit people as an alternative to arresting.

I would like to hear what other people think of this. Does it even need to be changed at all? Maybe non-rubber 38 special rounds could be created at a hacked autolathe? Any other solutions?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: The detective's revolver

Post by Steelpoint » #56227

Paprika is buffing the detective's revolver to one-shot stun a target, but not for as long as it used to, in a open PR.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #56236

Ah okay. Well i guess this thread is not needed then. Will it still stun long enough to apply cuffs?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #57464

I would actually like if Detective had real harmful revolver chambered for .357, to emphasize his investigative, and deemphasize his enforcement role. But I know it would end badly.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #57526

I say why not give it sketchkin damage? Enough that it is decent at self defense but not the be all end all validhunter griff edition weapon that a 357 would be.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Somejerk
Byond Username: Somejerk

Post by Somejerk » #57854

Violaceus wrote:I think detective should spawn with stun revolver.
Make it function like a stun revolver but look like the regular revolver.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #57984

Detective has a telebaton now if you really need to cuff people
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #57990

Yeah, i need my snowflakey gun to validate my job choice
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #57996

Only thing snowflakey about det revolver it its optional sprites?

Oh and the lethal round mod that no one uses because it can backfire or whatever.

The unload system... okay it has a lot of dumb features but shooting people? That part is normal.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #58016

I am not downtalking it, i love the gun which is why i made this thread. It makes detective unique and cool
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster