Psychologist feedback thread.

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
crashmatusow
Byond Username: Crashmatusow

Re: Psychologist feedback thread.

Post by crashmatusow » #551728

Bottom post of the previous page:

We technically have a mechanism for relieving mentally unfit crew (this is currently the CMO’s job) but I literally never seen anyone do it. Probably because medbay lacks tools for effective nonlethal detainment.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #551736

crashmatusow wrote:We technically have a mechanism for relieving mentally unfit crew (this is currently the CMO’s job) but I literally never seen anyone do it. Probably because medbay lacks tools for effective nonlethal detainment.
Demotions seldom happen in general. It's a lot of trouble for everyone involved, especially if the demotee's revenge plot is something lame like self-antagging.
► Show Spoiler
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #552130

Tracking sanity through suit sensors would be a nice addition for this
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #552150

Minor suggestion: have the mental health leaflet/announcement made by arcade machines when you go full society mode on them ping the psychologist directly via PDA or something.
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
annoyinggreencatgirl
Byond Username: Uomo91

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #552154

Mickyan wrote:Tracking sanity through suit sensors would be a nice addition for this
I think this, or really any direct way of measuring the sanity/mood of somebody else, would have to be done carefully. Can't this be used as a cheap way to spot antags?
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #552169

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:
Mickyan wrote:Tracking sanity through suit sensors would be a nice addition for this
I think this, or really any direct way of measuring the sanity/mood of somebody else, would have to be done carefully. Can't this be used as a cheap way to spot antags?
considering how easy it is to stay happy these days, no, being happy is not really an antag tell
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #552172

deedubya wrote:
considering how easy it is to stay happy these days, no, being happy is not really an antag tell
This, but not even really this as antagonist moods are only for the user. They are hidden for every other mood tell, making the person not as happy as they actually are.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #552176

Armhulen wrote:
deedubya wrote:
This, but not even really this as antagonist moods are only for the user. They are hidden for every other mood tell, making the person not as happy as they actually are.
Unless I'm misunderstanding how mood itself works, this isn't really true or relevant. They're not talking about tracking moodlets, but the overall state of their sanity, which wouldn't be artificially hidden just because of your antag moodlet.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #552179

deedubya wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
deedubya wrote:
Unless I'm misunderstanding how mood itself works, this isn't really true or relevant. They're not talking about tracking moodlets, but the overall state of their sanity, which wouldn't be artificially hidden just because of your antag moodlet.
yeah definitely a good reason why sanity should never be readable directly without some system in place, you could see that someone is sad for a long time but also not going insane
Mickyan
Github User

Post by Mickyan » #552211

People said this about the empath quirk almost one year ago and it still hasn't happened because it's still not that easy

Antag moodlets are dumb and they should go but that's for another day, also what kind of dumbass keeps their suit sensors on as antag
Be nice to each other.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #552233

The dumbass who is competent enough at avoiding suspicion that there is no way that suit sensors could be used against them?
Mickyan
Github User

Post by Mickyan » #552236

I want to see a validhunter kill someone because of their mood and try to explain it to an admin when they get it wrong but this situation still only exists in your head
Be nice to each other.