papbay versus goonbay (poll)

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

which one

Poll ended at Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:42 am

papbay
14%
papbay
14%
papbay
14%
goonbay
6%
goonbay
6%
goonbay
6%
current
7%
current
7%
current
7%
abstain
7%
abstain
7%
abstain
7%

Total votes: 72

allura
Byond Username: Allura

papbay versus goonbay (poll)

Post by allura » #60390

just a poll for how this should go down.

paprika's opinion on cryo/sleepers:
allow resisting out of cryo (takes 2 minutes), add an extra cryo tube, remove sleepers and leave a board in medical for construction of a sleeper if wanted

my opinion on cryo/sleepers:
cryo automatically dispenses you at the end of healing and it's a lot faster, and since they don't knock you out you can just walk out whenever.
sleepers put you under for a duration the doctor inserts, and as long as you're asleep they can hit "inject rejuvenators" and it'll heal all 4 kinds of damage, but it cannot be upgraded and it's just the 4 basic.

the current:
totally broken, useless because of goon chem. what the fuck.
Last edited by allura on Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Re: papbay versus goofbay (poll)

Post by Alex Crimson » #60391

papbay so i can spike the Cryo Tubes with lethal stuff and they cannot just walk out.
allura

Post by allura » #60392

Alex Crimson wrote:papbay so i can spike the Cryo Tubes with lethal stuff and they cannot just walk out.
good point, but you could just include something to put them to sleep in the cryomix?
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #60393

goofbay sounds awful and stupid and not well thought out at all.
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #60396

why did you put my name on that shit what the fuck

take my name off of that, call that goonbay

all I did was make cryo auto-spit you out
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: papbay versus goonbay (poll)

Post by paprika » #60411

Resisting out of cryo takes 1 minute

Check your facts
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
WeeYakk
Byond Username: Yakk

Post by WeeYakk » #60426

What is the difference between goofbag and current????
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #60675

This poll is not very good.
Abstaining since I'd like to be able to resist out of cryo tubes but I still want to keep muh sleepers.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
allura

Post by allura » #60692

paprika has withdrawn his pr, so i don't see any reason to keep this poll up, but i think that changing it would get me a lot of shit
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #60705

I routinely use cryotubes as a ghetto, stealthy long term stun. Either to hold shitters until sec can deal with them, or far,FAR more commonly, I cryo people so I can convert them silently and without being sus as shit with stun papers and shit.
removing resisting out of cryo afaik was unintended, and pretty gay.
allura

Post by allura » #60949

sleepers are being changed so that they can knock someone out for upward to ten minutes instantly.
also, just put morphine in the cryo mix. they'll pop out asleep, put them in straight jacket
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #60981

cryo puts people to sleep as a part of actually healin them. Knocking someone out with a sleeper, or straitjacketing them on the other hand, does not contribute to healing, and is therefore SUS AS SHIT.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #60984

What allura doesn't realize because he's a newfag is that sleepers actually used to be the old cryogenics system. We have a new one, cryo tubes, and the only flaw with them is that you can't eject from them which razharas secretly removed. I'm readding it and it would be wise to replace the shitty sleepers with more cryo tubes -- sleepers are an OLD feature we never got rid of because of quality of life for medical doctors having to to basically fuck all to heal people. We have a new chem system, and are working on making medical more interesting and robust, so we don't need sleepers anymore. Sleepers are for fucking nerds imo.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #61112

Stuff people into cryo tubes to keep them locked up and dormant is a tactic I've used quite a few times as various types of antags in medbay.

I vote we keep the tubes how they were and yell at shitty med players who put people in tubes and leave them there forever without a care.

If it's between having goonchem or having working cryo tubes and medbay staying as it was it shouldn't be a question. You broke good things that worked fine by adding crappy things nobody likes, and now you're using it as en excuse to change more stuff.

I at least have to give you some credit for smart politicking.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #61117

Resisting out took a long time and you could always have an incapacitating chemical in there to make it permanent. Things that hit on cyro mischief is stuff like autopop out at 100% health and showing beaker reagents on the control window.

You can probably still get away with using lethal cryo on crit people. You can just tell people they succumbed and be believed in the average medbay. Similar with pretending to clone someone.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #61147

Making the chemical contents of cryo was truly a awful change for antags, RIP.
Deantwo
Byond Username: Deantwo

Post by Deantwo » #64805

I have been playing Medical Doctor a lot since GoonChem was added. It took me a while to find out I didn't have to aim at limbs with the patches but other than that I like it.

I have never really used a Sleeper, most of all because I seemingly totally fail at putting people in them.
But I like the sleepers, they just aren't very useful as long as I have a supply of patches on me.

I don't really like the idea of the Cryotubes becoming a self serving tool, at least let us have to help the patient out and wake him up.

right now the only thing that I really have to do as a Medical Doctor is find the correct chemicals to use. This is fairly easy and I don't know why so many people doesn't know how to do it themselves.
I even updated the Guide to medicine wiki page with all the new chemicals (at least the ones for treatments, no clue about the harmful ones).
So once the new chemicals become common knowledge, my only task as a Medical Doctor will be to dispense the correct patches from the ID restricted venting machines.

The biggest challenges I get is when someone has just been cloned and there is no power to the Cryotubes, because no one else knows how to do much of anything without those.