may 04 explosives PR

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Kassori
Byond Username: Kassori

may 04 explosives PR

Post by Kassori » #560574

Nitroglycerin : You now have to use exotic stabilizer.
TaTP : The more you use it, the more powerful it becomes. You now have to stabilize it with exotic stabilizer
RDX : produces slightly bigger heatwave and slightly bigger shockwave. Now requires gold.
Gunpowder : strengthdiv 8 - > 10 (nerf), modifier 2 - > 5 (buff).
Methamphetamine : strengthdiv 6 -> 12 (nerf), modifier 1 - > 5 (buff).
Moved some power from facid to nitric acid.
Hyper-plasmium oxide can be commonly found in lavaland geysers
Exotic stabilizer can now be crafted with hyper-plasmium oxide and stabilizing agent
This PR doesn't make sense to me for a few reasons.

First, it is my opinion that adding things to geysers isn't going to make people actually use them, it's just going to make -nearly- dead content. Miners don't pump them, chemists should be station-side making medicine, not playing with pipes on lavaland. I guess at least assistants have time to go get some HE stabilizer.

Nitroglycerin was already gated behind botany and chemistry, though admittedly less from chemistry if you are the one doing the botany. I don't mind gating powerful things behind multiple departments, however the Hyper-Plasmium Oxide is so niche, I doubt anyone is going to pump it unless they're making the bombs themselves or are directly assisting, anyone assisting is also going to know exactly what you're planning.

Adding Hyper-Plasmium Oxide, which does -nothing- on its own and is only used in a single reaction feels really cheap. Look at the name, by all rights HYPER-PLASMIUM OXIDE should melt your insides, but it is safe to drink. I'd call it Plasmium Oxide, wave your hands and say that plasma becomes inert when oxidized. Then give it another use, like using the stuff directly as an advanced firefighting spray or smoke deal with plasmafloods or something. The goal of this would be to try to add a bit of consistency and hopefully provide an incentive for an atmos or engineer to go get the stuff, that way people could feasibly just steal some

I'm going to stop being constructive now, its pretty lame that a chemical we've had for like 200 years requires a space-age chemical from a far off planet to make.
pfp by AspEv