Solo antagonists and Manuel

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Solo antagonists and Manuel

Post by Helios » #561740

Right now, there's 2 common ways you end up having under 20 minute rounds in Manuel. Wizard rounds, and solo rev heads (either successful, or unsuccessful). This is shorter than I suspect most players would like.
Is there a way to fix this?
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Re: Solo antagonists and Manuel

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #561743

its called dynamic
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #561748

there's two simple options-
1. disable wizard and revs outright- not ideal
2. remove wizard and revs ending the round when they die- better, but the entire point of these antags ending the round outright is because they're meant to cause excessive damage/casualties that nobody can really be arsed fixing.

if you don't mind doing some dirty work, you could have the game reroll antags if the wizard/revs die early in the round.
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #561749

Lower the chances of them appearing on manuel via config (or conversely up them so people get comfortable with wizard/rev so they aren't dying in short time).

I don't think there is anything wrong with a relief round on any tier of RP, and I'm not terribly keen on balancing them specifically for the manuel server.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current